Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Tickets on GETMEIN
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 1, 2015 14:50

Hi there, anybody having the experience of buying tickets via GETMEIN?

It says it is a Ticketmaster company, and Ticketmaster links to GETMEIN.

Has anybody here had problems using the ticket at the event?

It is a resale of tickets originally bought by somebody else.

I am just about to buy tickets for FooFighters in Milton Keynes.

Re: OT - Tickets on GETMEIN
Date: August 1, 2015 15:29

OK, thanks. It is because it is sold out on Ticketmaster, but has tickets on GETMEIN.

[www.getmein.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 1, 2015 16:45

GetMeIn is just the Ticketmaster version of the likes of Seatwave, Viagogo, StubHub etc. Ticketmaster simply siphons off its own tickets to GetMeIn immediately - or more likely before - they go on sale. If you want to buy off the secondary market, then I'd compare what's available elsewhere before choosing GetMeIn. Or alternatively, try scarletmist.com, which is a non-profit fan-to-fan ticket site that might have something available for face value.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 1, 2015 17:42

Scarlet mist unfortunately closed down but there is another site called twickets that fans can sell unwanted tickets at no higher than face value.

I personally would not use sites like get me in and viagogo as the prices are too much and sometimes they don't even get you your ticket.

I have seen AC DC 7 times this summer all over Europe and on 6 occasions I didn't have tickets I just bought them outside the venue on the night,if it's a big gig you should always be able to find tickets like this.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 1, 2015 19:52

Thanks for reminding me about twickets - I'd forgotten the name. But the Scarlet Mist site does still appear to be working.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: August 3, 2015 13:35

I assume Ticketb*stard is using a legal loophole with GETMEIN. It is legalised ticket touting. I bought a Who ticket for their only Quadrophenia performance in 2010 via GETMEIN, 10 minutes after they went on sale and were "sold out" on Tickelb*astrd.

Date: August 3, 2015 13:58

Beast
Thanks for reminding me about twickets - I'd forgotten the name. But the Scarlet Mist site does still appear to be working.

Scarlet Mist has indeed reopened........

We are overjoyed to announce that Scarlet Mist, the ethical face-value ticket exchange for gigs and festivals, has been relaunched. Three saviours have helped to get the site back online, and just in time for the summer festivals.

Scarlet Mist provides a free service for music fans with spare tickets for an event. It lets people trade tickets with one another at face value or less. It represents a community that resents ticket touts, a community that believes in collaboration and mutual help, and a community that campaigns and seeks change in the law to prevent profiteering and greed.

etc......

Date: August 3, 2015 21:58

Great, thanks - hopefully Dave Grohl can be fit on September 5.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2108
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home