Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Probability of a New Album
Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: July 28, 2015 05:14

The simple fact that Mick Jagger didn't waste any of his lyrical wizardry on unfinished songs for the Sticky Fingers re-release makes me feel fairly confident that new work will be recorded soon. Keith's new album is already old, and he seems musically inspired for the first time in awhile. I saw the Columbus and Indy shows, and the way they progressed between the two, switching up rhythms and improvising, sounded like a band ready to drop some new classics. It's gonna happen.

[www.non-filters.com]

Re: Probability of a New Album
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 28, 2015 05:38

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 28, 2015 05:55

I think it may be time to start thinking about smoking with the filter on.

Date: July 28, 2015 06:02

nonfilter
The simple fact that Mick Jagger didn't waste any of his lyrical wizardry on unfinished songs for the Sticky Fingers re-release makes me feel fairly confident that new work will be recorded soon. Keith's new album is already old, and he seems musically inspired for the first time in awhile. I saw the Columbus and Indy shows, and the way they progressed between the two, switching up rhythms and improvising, sounded like a band ready to drop some new classics. It's gonna happen.

[www.non-filters.com]

I have to say, it would be a little odd to hear 1970s-Jagger singing 'Brown Sugar' then 2015-Jagger burst in on the chorus, louder than the outtake we all know...

And what do you mean by 'Keith's new album is already old...'? Do you mean the first single...? confused smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 28, 2015 06:04

Would a covers album be acceptable?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 28, 2015 06:22

no...they need to bring it...and they know it.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 28, 2015 06:25

And they will bring it!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 28, 2015 06:34

if they do, will they pass the beatles up?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 28, 2015 06:38

50.099%

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: July 28, 2015 06:38

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
nonfilter

[www.non-filters.com]

I have to say, it would be a little odd to hear 1970s-Jagger singing 'Brown Sugar' then 2015-Jagger burst in on the chorus, louder than the outtake we all know...

And what do you mean by 'Keith's new album is already old...'? Do you mean the first single...? confused smiley

I mean he's had it completed or at least mostly recorded for a long time now.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: July 28, 2015 07:12

nonfilter

[www.non-filters.com]

No, sadly Keith and Jagger do their best work on their own these days. And Jagger's 'lyrical wizardry' disappeared about 40 plus years ago. Keith's new solo effort will be more satisfying than A Bigger Bang and the sequel to A Bigger Bang if there is one - guaranteed. On the other hand, I'd welcome a new Jagger/Bowie collaboration.

Posted by: jonnylamar ()
Date: July 28, 2015 09:20

Not probable at all. Keith saying we are thinking about or planning an album, is standard rock star talk in response to questions he has heard a million times. Classic bones to throw at the feet of journalists to keep the stories coming, and perhaps deflect the talk away from the real answer,boring as it may be, which is, I am a 72 year old man , home from the tour, tired, and I have no plans. I personally would love them to do a blues album.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 28, 2015 10:02

Turner68
if they do, will they pass the beatles up?
Only until The Sons Of Beatles debut album.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 28, 2015 14:17

A lot of probability.
The time is right and what else can Mick do.
Make solo albums no one wants to buy, or retire.
He will never retire, so i think they have toured long enough without an album to promote..

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 28, 2015 14:35

Yes, now is the time! They will record a new album and it will be a great one. Not their greatest, but still a great one. It will not be the blues album, some people are longing for. This would not sell and the Stones of course want a new record to sell very well. So it will be the usual mixture of fast rockers, slow rockers, ballads and a reggae or funk tune in between. Nothing new, but it will have a lot of punch und we will be blown away.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: July 28, 2015 14:47

Unlike a lot of folks I enjoyed A Bigger Bang. I felt there were some good songs there. The boys can do it. It's just a matter of Mick and Keith sitting down and putting the pen to paper really.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 28, 2015 14:59

I'd be satisfied with some great songs like "Doom and Gloom" but I don't need a new forced weak album like "A Bigger Bang".
Just good songs without the whole new album concept.
Anyway "album projects" are pretty old fashioned nowdays IMO.
Though a newly recorded collection of old outtakes a' la "Tattoo You" with some brand new songs would be awsome!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-28 15:08 by 1962.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 28, 2015 15:15

The probability that this question is asked every couple of days on this forum is much higher.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 28, 2015 15:23

Of course there will be a new album within a year. What else could they do at this stage of their career? Sitting at home waiting for the reaper? Not the Stones.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 28, 2015 15:23

I'd be satisfied with some great songs like "Doom and Gloom" but I don't need a new forced weak album like "A Bigger Bang".
Just good songs without the whole new album concept.
Anyway "album projects" are pretty old fashioned nowdays IMO.
Though a newly recorded collection of old outtakes a' la "Tattoo You" with some brand new songs would be awsome!

I thought A Bigger Bang was neither forced nor weak.

'Doom and Gloom' was both.

Olly.

Date: July 28, 2015 15:51

I was just thinking, Keith usually stirs Mick into Stones activity when he starts his solo work. 88' 93'
Maybe this publicity is just the right ingrediant to seduce Mick back into the studio.
This solo Keith project could be a winner all round. smiling smiley

Hey even Ronnie could pull out a quick album CD and solo dates.
Come on guys >grinning smiley<

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 28, 2015 16:06

IrisC
Unlike a lot of folks I enjoyed A Bigger Bang...

I like it too, IrisC. Mick really enjoyed doing Doom and Gloom on tour, which makes me think he still wants to be able to perform new songs. We know they plan to continue touring, so more new songs makes sense. I'm not sure about a full album, they may just drop a few songs here and there instead.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: July 28, 2015 16:19

Honestly, the word neither requires or desires a new Stones album. A few people on here want it but apart from that......

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 28, 2015 16:25

The world doesn't know what it wants, but the Glimmers will lead the way musically....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 28, 2015 16:26

MrThompsonWooft
Honestly, the world neither requires or desires a new Stones album. A few people on here want it but apart from that......

Well heck MrWooft, you could say that about a lot of things..kind of a useless statement there. I added the missing l...your welcome.

Date: July 28, 2015 16:28

MrThompsonWooft
Honestly, the word neither requires or desires a new Stones album. A few people on here want it but apart from that......

Also the Stones don't owe us anything.
If they just retire and live out the rest of their lives in the sun on a beach somewhere, thats fine by me.
I cant believe they still motivate themselves to go out in front of 50 thousand people in their 70's.
Jesus some people that age cant hold their bladder that long
They are incredible.
While the Stones still do it, and Rock, WE ARE NOT OLD smileys with beer

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: July 28, 2015 16:45

Swayed1967
And Jagger's 'lyrical wizardry' disappeared about 40 plus years ago.

You honestly think Mick Jagger hasn't written good lyrics since 1975?

I have to politely disagree. "Saint Of Me" and "I Go Wild" are two examples off the top of my head of what I would consider superior lyric writing and as good as anything he's ever done.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: July 28, 2015 17:01

If Mick and Keith could sit down together for just a couple of weeks I think it's safe to say we can get a few new tracks to listen too and then we can formulate our opinions as to wheatear or not they are any good.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 28, 2015 17:05

jahisnotdead
Swayed1967
And Jagger's 'lyrical wizardry' disappeared about 40 plus years ago.

You honestly think Mick Jagger hasn't written good lyrics since 1975?

I have to politely disagree. "Saint Of Me" and "I Go Wild" are two examples off the top of my head of what I would consider superior lyric writing and as good as anything he's ever done.

Tempered by Pretty Beat Up or Sparks Will Fly right?

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: July 28, 2015 17:06

MrThompsonWooft

But the word is there might be a new Stones album>grinning smiley<

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2042
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home