Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Australian Stones interview 2006. Cheeky Lady delves a little deeper than most.
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 26, 2015 00:18

Yes i admire this Australian interviewer for having the nerve to delve a little deeper than most into Mick and Keith's relationship.
Sorry if its already been posted but i really enjoyed this one.
Maybe some of you have not seen it..
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-26 00:27 by keefriffhards.

Re: Australian Stones interview 2006. Cheeky Lady delves a little deeper than most.
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 26, 2015 00:57

vvvvv

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-26 01:06 by Rockman.

Re: Australian Stones interview 2006. Cheeky Lady delves a little deeper than most.
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 26, 2015 00:58

Good watch.....oldie but a goodeeeeeeee ...

I don't know if his seafaring abilities are up to scratch .....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 26, 2015 01:03

Rockman
Good watch.....oldie but a goodeeeeeeee ...

I don't know if his seafaring abilities are up to scratch .....

HA HA i loved Mick in this interview. He is usually more reserved.

Posted by: BrownSugar1980 ()
Date: July 26, 2015 12:37

Great watch, the guys are entertaining as always. I don't care for the interviewer though, I thought she was pretty tacky and condescending. All she seemed to care about was drama, and seemed to be trying to create some of her own. I thought they handled it pretty well though.

Date: July 26, 2015 13:45

BrownSugar1980
Great watch, the guys are entertaining as always. I don't care for the interviewer though, I thought she was pretty tacky and condescending. All she seemed to care about was drama, and seemed to be trying to create some of her own. I thought they handled it pretty well though.

Yeah they let her get away with murder lol.
That lady was full of confidence, a dominating Character. I think they found her amusing. For some reason i don't understand i found her strangely attractive confused smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 26, 2015 14:23

Good interview, thanks for posting. Pretty selfish of Keith smoking in an enclosed space knowing the reporter was pregnant.

Date: July 26, 2015 14:46

Bliss
Good interview, thanks for posting. Pretty selfish of Keith smoking in an enclosed space knowing the reporter was pregnant.

I thought that.
Maybe only Mick noticed she was pregnant.
Mind you attitudes towards smoking have changed drastically in the last 9 years and even more so since the smoking ban.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 26, 2015 16:58

keefriffhards
Bliss

I thought that.
Mind you attitudes towards smoking have changed drastically in the last 9 years and even more so since the smoking ban.

Mick is much to smart and classy to mention a pregnancy unless he is 100% sure. He surely did his due diligence on this interviewer ahead of time and was briefed on he condition, I doubt it was something he just noticed.

As far as the interview goes it was OK, but it was a low point for the Stones, imo. Ronnie and Keith both hopeless drunks you just got this feeling it wasn't going to end well. Also seeing the look on Micks face when he's talking about Keith is rather painful and seeing Keith somewhat emasculated by Jagger's comments also difficult. You just get the feeling this was not a merry band of brothers and the business interests were the only thing holding them together.

Thankfully both Ronnie and Keith sobered up and the vibe got much better again for this last tour. I don't think Mick tolerated that whole 1/2 the band are raging alcoholics thing too well.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 26, 2015 17:03

Keith's unhesitating "Me love the man" is very sweet.

I'm of the school that in most cases if the interview was good it's because the interviewer was good.
I don't have to like her, but she did a good job drawing them out, which is what she was there for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-26 17:27 by with sssoul.

Date: July 26, 2015 17:17

Naturalust
keefriffhards
Bliss

I thought that.

Mick is much to smart and classy to mention a pregnancy unless he is 100% sure. He surely did his due diligence on this interviewer ahead of time and was briefed on he condition, I doubt it was something he just noticed.

As far as the interview goes it was OK, but it was a low point for the Stones, imo. Ronnie and Keith both hopeless drunks you just got this feeling it wasn't going to end well. Also seeing the look on Micks face when he's talking about Keith is rather painful and seeing Keith somewhat emasculated by Jagger's comments also difficult. You just get the feeling this was not a merry band of brothers and the business interests were the only thing holding them together.

Thankfully both Ronnie and Keith sobered up and the vibe got much better again for this last tour. I don't think Mick tolerated that whole 1/2 the band are raging alcoholics thing too well.

With all due respect what are you talking about, until recently keith and ronnie had been pissed or stoned or both for decades. Im sure Mick had learned to except that years ago. I thought Keith was charming in that interview, He is and always was a nice drunk IMHO. Even as a total junkie keith still had class he never messed with woman or young girls. He is a good spirit with a good soul.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 26, 2015 17:24

nice. interesting. difficult to watch the tensions between Mick n Keef.Fortunately they seem to be getting on much better now.
Jeroen

Date: July 26, 2015 17:49

keefriffhards
Naturalust
keefriffhards
Bliss

I thought that.

With all due respect what are you talking about, until recently keith and ronnie had been pissed or stoned or both for decades. Im sure Mick had learned to except that years ago. I thought Keith was charming in that interview, He is and always was a nice drunk IMHO. Even as a total junkie keith still had class he never messed with woman or young girls. He is a good spirit with a good soul.

Actually Mick has spoken that it was difficult for him to deal with Keith's drug problems. And as Keith and Ronnie got older there is no doubt their drinking was affecting the music and shows, there are plenty of examples of both of them almost derailing the train, it wasn't pretty and I doubt Mick ever accepted it...reluctantly tolerated it at best, imo.

I'm not questioning Keith soul or character, he seems like a happy drunk for sure but it got to a point with him and Ronnie that it was effecting the music. If I noticed it you know damn well Mick and many others did. What works for someone in their 20's and 30's doesn't always work as well in their middle and old ages and drugs and alcohol seem to have a way of taking away from things that they once may have enhanced. The booze certainly seemed to be taking away from the music, imho.

Date: July 26, 2015 19:33

Naturalust
keefriffhards
Naturalust
keefriffhards
Bliss

I thought that.

Actually Mick has spoken that it was difficult for him to deal with Keith's drug problems. And as Keith and Ronnie got older there is no doubt their drinking was affecting the music and shows, there are plenty of examples of both of them almost derailing the train, it wasn't pretty and I doubt Mick ever accepted it...reluctantly tolerated it at best, imo.

I'm not questioning Keith soul or character, he seems like a happy drunk for sure but it got to a point with him and Ronnie that it was effecting the music. If I noticed it you know damn well Mick and many others did. What works for someone in their 20's and 30's doesn't always work as well in their middle and old ages and drugs and alcohol seem to have a way of taking away from things that they once may have enhanced. The booze certainly seemed to be taking away from the music, imho.

Yeah spot on i agree, the drink caught up on them for sure.
I misunderstood your post.
The point i was trying to make was that just because Mick is always sober and Keith was always drunk, don't make Mick the better man.

Date: July 26, 2015 19:57

keefriffhards
Naturalust
keefriffhards
Naturalust
keefriffhards
Bliss

I thought that.

Yeah spot on i agree, the drink caught up on them for sure.
I misunderstood your post.
The point i was trying to make was that just because Mick is always sober and Keith was always drunk, don't make Mick the better man.

Fair enough, but I have no idea about the better man stuff. That is so subjective and unanswerable I'm not going to touch it.

I will say I'd probably rather have Mick as a business partner and Keith as a drinking partner. smoking smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 26, 2015 20:41

I was surprised to hear Mick mention Keith's drunkenness. He's usually very much buttoned up about airing dirty laundry in public.

Posted by: BrownSugar1980 ()
Date: July 26, 2015 21:37

Bliss
I was surprised to hear Mick mention Keith's drunkenness. He's usually very much buttoned up about airing dirty laundry in public.

It was pretty smart actually. He offered up some dirty laundry that everybody already knows and doesn't care about (drink is legal and not the worst thing Keith has done) in order to put an end to a line of questioning that was looking to dig up more dirty laundry.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 26, 2015 22:27

BrownSugar1980
Bliss

It was pretty smart actually. He offered up some dirty laundry that everybody already knows and doesn't care about (drink is legal and not the worst thing Keith has done) in order to put an end to a line of questioning that was looking to dig up more dirty laundry.

but normally he would just say "I'm not gonna talk about Keith" so he was still giving more than he normally does.

Date: July 26, 2015 23:13

alieb
BrownSugar1980
Bliss

but normally he would just say "I'm not gonna talk about Keith" so he was still giving more than he normally does.

Yes it was unusual for Mick to be so open in that way.
I thought it was funny when she asked Mick does he ever want to punch Keith and he said no violence does not work with Keith lol. I would bet winking smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 26, 2015 23:45

keefriffhards
Bliss

I thought that.

If anyone watched the YouTube they would know Keith also mentioned her pregnancy. She could have asked him not to smoke, it's a two way street. Great interviewer, she knew who stuff and what questions to ask. Loved it when she talk to Keith about his fingers...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-26 23:51 by Maindefender.

Date: July 27, 2015 00:01

Maindefender
keefriffhards
Bliss

I thought that.

If anyone watched the YouTube they would know Keith also mentioned her pregnancy. She could have asked him not to smoke, it's a two way street. Great interviewer, she knew who stuff and what questions to ask. Loved it when she talk to Keith about his fingers...

Yes he said his fingers don't hurt him, although they have arthritis.
That answers a lot of questions iorrians have been debating for a while now.
His fingers don't hurt but those knobbly bits must hamper his playing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home