Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SOL = Visions of Paradise
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 3, 2005 13:18

I wonder if Jagger wrote SOL when he wrote Visions of Paradise from Goddess sure
sounds like a filler tune.

Re: SOL = Visions of Paradise
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 3, 2005 13:30

I think the reason that some Rolling Stones songs do resemble some songs released in the solo albums by certain members of the band is that in both cases the songs were written by the same person. No racket science. smiling smiley

OpenG, I don't claim that your theory is not true. SOL can be a filler from a Jagger solo, but I don't think it is a filler in the context of a Stones record. Usually people don't release fillers as the first single of the album. Jagger seems to direct his most ambitious ideas to his solos (don't need to fight with Keith?), and retain the simpler and more conservative ones for the use of good ol' Stones.

- Doxa

Date: August 3, 2005 14:02

Doxa,

Great disection as always but I think the best ballad that Jagger has wrote
is Out Of Tears off VL. Again Jagger took a song that he probably wrote during Wandering Spirit which was recorded during that same early 90's time frame when
VL and Wandering came out.

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: August 3, 2005 15:13

VOP is much, much better than SOL!!! Actually Don't Call Me Up was written for the Stones, Mick once said

Date: August 3, 2005 15:25

Out Of tears and Dont tear me up have that same opening INTRO if i remember and
feel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home