Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

virgin- jagger
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 2, 2005 13:39

Im sure i just heard on virgin radio that they are going to interview sir mick jagger on thier drive home show starting at 16.00 uk time.

Re: virgin- jagger
Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 2, 2005 14:32

When talking about Virgin - is this the last album with Virgin (contract) or are there more to come.....?

If not, will they make another contract with Virign or another company?

Does anybody know?

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 2, 2005 14:35

Is the title of this thread the biggest oxy-moron ever?

smiling smiley

Ross

Date: August 2, 2005 14:43

Christ whats the matter with you people, all im doing is supplying information that virgin radio are advertising that they will be doing a interview with mick jagger will be on the radio anytime after 16.00 hrs.

Ross do me a favour?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 2, 2005 17:24

country honk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When talking about Virgin - is this the last album
> with Virgin (contract) or are there more to
> come.....?

this is the last one
>
> If not, will they make another contract with
> Virign or another company?
>
> Does anybody know?

thats the million dollar question, isnt it?

Hard to see a band of the Stones' age being signed to a long term contract, lets face it.

Date: August 2, 2005 18:11

odean73 Wrote:
> Christ whats the matter with you people, all im
> doing is supplying information that virgin radio
> are advertising that they will be doing a
> interview with mick jagger will be on the radio
> anytime after 16.00 hrs.
>
>
> Ross do me a favour?
>

I think you missed my point, Odean73. My intention was merely to point out that I thought the juxtaposition of the word "Virgin" with "Jagger" was funny. An "oxy-moron" is the combination of opposites (like "Jumbo Shrimp", or Military Intelligence)! I saw "Virgin" and "Jagger" (Jagger certainly being the opposite of a Virgin!) combined in the thread title and got a kick out of it. That's all.

I hope you didn't interpret it as me calling you a "moron" or a put down of you or your post in any way. I just thought the title was funny.

Thanks for the heads up on the interview!

Ross

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-02 18:14 by Ross.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 2, 2005 18:22

Gazza Wrote:
> thats the million dollar question, isnt it?
>
> Hard to see a band of the Stones' age being signed
> to a long term contract, lets face it.

Gaz: Do ya' think they'd sign a one record contract??? So that they only sign for a short period every time.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 2, 2005 18:28

I was surprised when they signed w/CBS after 14 years w/ Atlantic/RS records, surprised again when they signed w/ Virgin after all of them except Ron were past 50. I do think how the new album sells might influence what happens next.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: August 2, 2005 18:35

thanks odean 73 micks on at 6-15pm british time ot there abouts..yes you cant win, try to give people info and there go all weird.thats the trouble with the net it attracts these cranks

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 2, 2005 18:42

I dont think there was anything cranky about this one - just a misunderstanding. Of course there are some real gems in the archives.....

Date: August 2, 2005 18:57

Terry,

I am not a crank...I was just amused! I thought my joke was obvious, but I didnt take into consideration how easily things can be mis-interpreted on boards like this.

Am I the only one that sees the humor in the juxtaposition of the words "Virgin" and "Jagger" with Jagger being perhaps the most legendary cocksman of all time?

I dont see how pointing out a mildly amusing oxy-moron is being a crank! I think you and Odean just completely missed my point. Maybe a language-barrier?

Ross

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 2, 2005 22:48

I think any record company that wants to sign the Stones will want to do so mainly to get their back catalog of albums from Sticky onwards. I'm sure alot of the albums are consistent sellers still. Do a repackaging similar to Virgin in 94 but now with the advent of Dual Discs, etc., they can do a huge re-release. DVD flipside with interviews, clips, etc.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: August 3, 2005 01:49

ok ross point taken mabe not a crank..yes ive noticed humour dont travel well..i know some of the jokes ive made in the past have fallen flat. example..since ive brought a water bed, me and the wife have drifted apart..now one guy from the states on here said to me, well i hope you get back together soon lol

Date: August 3, 2005 09:37

Please accept my apologies ross, my misunderstanding.

Date: August 3, 2005 14:53

No prob! It happens!

Ross

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1378
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home