Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Metallica Opening in Frisco
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 4, 2005 22:18

It may or may not be true but I have no reason to doubt it really. That was probably GNR's asking price for any gig based on their popularity at the time. And it drew in a lot of people who otherwise wouldn't have bothered thus putting even more money in the Stones pockets. In the end its really only a few bucks out of every ticket sold. Also I paid $35 total so some of that was the TM charge. Did Keith *really* hold a gun to Axl's head? I never heard that one before.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: August 4, 2005 22:25

Yepp kaskatanas
The Helsinki Licks ticket sale begun in December of 2002 and they sold some 30k the first day, then just about nothing. Then ZZ was added during springtime and the ticket sale jumped immediately. As I said, ZZ Top has for years been big in Finland so a lot of people came just to see the warm up band.
This can happen. It once did happen to me, ACDC was in Helsinki at the same stadion where Stones play, Helsinki Olympic Stadium. I don't care much for them and I was not at all planning to go and see ACDC as I have som 450 km drive down to Helsinki. But then they confirmed the warm up band which was George Thorogood and his Destroyers. That's it, I'M GOINGsmiling smiley

A funny thing happened at the consert actually:
I was digging the warm up band (Thorogood) and all ACDC fans around me were looking like huhh, look at him, he is digging the warm up act! Then the paus music in between the acts was on AND I went nuts, digging like anything and again all ACDC fans around me were looking at me, huh that guy must be crazy. Well the paus music was the complete Satanic elpeesmiling smiley plus lots of other Bleed, Sticky and Exile songs. THEN, the main act ACDC was on. All guys around me were jumpin like anything and I was standing there and hoping the awful noice would stop so I could drive another 450 km back home. Guess if the ACDC guys were looking at me again....

Jan Richards
www.stonesvikings.com

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: August 4, 2005 23:31

Dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The 2nd show isnt anywhere near 80% sold out.

Umm where are you getting this info, I posted the 80% sold for second show because it was reported on KFOG radio, where did you get the info on it being nowhere near 80% sold?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 4, 2005 23:51

The info was pretty much derived by checking Ticketmaster availability - 12 together in all prices ranges suggest many many unsold seats. I don't have exact figures of course but I doubt the radio station does either.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: August 5, 2005 00:02

Dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The info was pretty much derived by checking
> Ticketmaster availability - 12 together in all
> prices ranges suggest many many unsold seats. I
> don't have exact figures of course but I doubt the
> radio station does either.

fair enough, maybe it was a bogus report on KFOG, it is weird though in San Fran, because at first it sounded like they were not selling tickets for the first show all that fast but then it sold out a few days later. But if you can get 12 tickets together in all sections then I would agree it does not sound like it is 80% sold, sorry if I passed wrong info here.

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: August 5, 2005 07:42

When the Stones play "Miss you" at these gigs can one get away with at least thinking 'this town' should be called San Frandisco?

Btw, Metallica suck.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-05 08:08 by monkey man.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home