Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Matt Clifford
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 21, 2015 12:57

Some people have their mission in life to dislike any person the Stones might add to their lineup. Jealousy or besserwissen may be. Some say they play the guitar better than Keith Richards too...

I see it the other way around. The Stones work with the best people in the industry. The complete band on stage make up the shows we get to attend. Matt Clifford is a multitalented musician like Tim Ries, he plays many different instruments, and he is adding depth and sound to the shows.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: July 21, 2015 13:08

bv
Some people have their mission in life to dislike any person the Stones might add to their lineup. Jealousy or besserwissen may be. Some say they play the guitar better than Keith Richards too...

Er, no, they just don't like his musical contributions. Jealousy? Really?

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 21, 2015 13:36

JTHanis
Blueranger
What can Clifford contribute to The Stones?
I'll tell you: He can keep track of things and holding things together on stage and behind it. So many times he has saved Keith and Charlie's butt when they can't keep time. It's probably why they have hired him again. Sorry, but those so-called 'Stones-Fans' who puts Clifford down because he interrupts their glorified picture of The Stones, will have to think again. Live with the fact, that they now need other musicians to keep it together, while they are performing.

Are you saying one can't be a true Stones fan without respecting Matt Clifford?

No, I'm saying that there are Stones fans who will not accept that they are hiring people to argument the sound, because it ruins their glorified picture of the band. And to put all the blame on Clifford because The Stones wanted a more MOR sound, is downright wrong. It's laughable that some fans really do believe that Clifford had so much musical power. It was The Stones themselves who wanted that sound at the time.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 21, 2015 13:55

Stoneburst
bv

In a lot of cases, yes.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 21, 2015 15:53

Blueranger
No, I'm saying that there are Stones fans who will not accept that they are hiring people to argument the sound, because it ruins their glorified picture of the band.

I wonder what those fans think of Bobby Keys, Stu or Mac.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: July 21, 2015 15:55

More Hot Rocks
Stoneburst
bv

In a lot of cases, yes.

That's BS. Jealousy has nothing to do with it. What it's called is having an opinion. Just as some people don't like Chuck's contribution some don't like Matt's. Besserwissen mein Arsch.

Date: July 21, 2015 16:13

Just to make it clear, it is against the policy on IORR to discuss individuals. You may write a contert report where you state what you feel like about the performances of each band member, but to start a discussion where you want to express negativity or doubts or invite ohers to do so about an individual, a person, on or off stage, is a campaign, and it is against the IORR posting policy. Because anyone may anonymously express extreme comments. Like here I see people say they don't like and so on. For no reason. I don't want to have these negativity threads here, for info. This one will be closed pretty soon.

Fan = Fanatic. Not un-fanatic...

Unless you want to express support of Matt Clifford, I can't really see any reason for posting here.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: July 21, 2015 16:17

Excuse me? It's against IORR policy to discuss individuals, except if you want to write something positive about them? Despite them all being public individuals and artists whose work is by its very nature open for critical discussion?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 21, 2015 16:20

Koen
Blueranger
No, I'm saying that there are Stones fans who will not accept that they are hiring people to argument the sound, because it ruins their glorified picture of the band.

I wonder what those fans think of Bobby Keys, Stu or Mac.

Don't talk mess about Bobby...he's a Stone

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: July 21, 2015 17:19

Having an opinion is not a campaign BV. It's simply thinking something different from others. Your view is misguided.

Secondly, your definition of a "fan" is also distorted. Fans have passion about this band, good and bad. We like what we like, and what we don't like we discuss. What this board has become is what your view of the Stones is or should be, not a board for fans to discuss their favorite band. It's sad.

Third, perhaps you should open your mind rather than label different opinions "negativity". Why have a board if you can't handle when someone thinks differently than you? All you want is praise for everything so your mission is to shape the opinions expressed on this board. Fear of other's people views leads to censorship which, let's be honest, is what this board is all about. It's not a fan forum, it's your forum for your views alone. Those who comply, stay. Those who don't, are banned under the guise of leading a "campaign".

Since this is my last post before being banned---which has happened before-- let me just say that I've enjoyed a lot of the people here but now this board is all about securing BV's spot. Maybe you'll go on a bike ride and find another private show, randomly.

Keep shutting down threads you don't like. In the end, it's an indictment of you and your hubris.

Date: July 21, 2015 17:30

JTHanis

Sorry, I don't buy into the narrative that Clifford adds anything useful to the Stones.

That is a completely meaningless post, because all it says is you don't like Matt Clifford. No explanation or reason. No mention of any songs, what he does, when he playes, what show you are referring to, what date, just "I don't like this person". Hate post. Internet is full of hate, too bad.

Fact is Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have asked Matt Clifford to be on stage with them. They want him on stage, and he is the main responsible for Can't Always Get, otrherwise they would have taped the choir and let Chick backplay it.

It makes no sense to have these posts on IORR:

- I don't like to have (fill in any name) on stage with the Stones

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home