Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My Cover Of No Expectations
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: August 2, 2005 22:58

I recorded a version of 'No Expectations'. It's only guitar and vocals, but there's a bunch of overdubbed vocals. The vocals arent up front cuz I wanted it to focus more on the guitars. Also, youll here in the back ground this kind of "Ahhh" type vocal. Lol, that was just to give it more of a "relaxed" feel. I'm not quite happy with how the "Ahh's" turned out, but I guess it's fine. Download it through my site and let me know what you think. In the media section

[www.angelfire.com]

Re: My Cover Of No Expectations
Date: August 2, 2005 23:39

by the way, I if anyone has any files of themselves doing stones songs I can put those up as well

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 3, 2005 05:03

Hey deuce,
where did you hide it? I can't find it.
Maybe you should think about the site navigation - there is a home button but no back button, even my browser won't go backwards (firefox)

regards

Date: August 3, 2005 06:36

The file should be easily found now. I also added the navigation you suggested.

Date: August 3, 2005 07:16

let me know if it doesnt work

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 3, 2005 16:19

Found it - & quite where I expected it. The navigation works fine too.

The acoustic guitar is nice and the song would be ok, if that soloing guitar wasn't so prominent.
The song starts fine but after 2.nd verse it gets a little out of hand.
IMO there's no need to fill space with solo noodeling.
I would prefer slide, personaly.
Also, if it was played a little more gentle, that would add dome depth.

well, after some open words, I hope you don't have the feeling to lynch the critic

keep it up, pal

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: August 3, 2005 21:01

Nice version, allthough it sounds a bit messy sometimes. Just keep on recording, it's fun to do! Get the mikes close to the guitar. With software like Adobe Audition you can easily mix all kinds of reverb or other effects.
For a bass part you can use the low-E of your guitar and make it sound more like a bass using Audition, for instance! Try it, it's great!

Some years ago I also recorded No Expectations myself (no vocals though, can't sing) but it was pretty close to the original. I used acoustic guitar, one part for the rhythm and the other the slide part. It sounded quite good. Too bad my videorecorder don't work anymore because that's how I recorded the song.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home