Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Somebody is missing Bill wyman?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 3, 2005 20:47

I miss him and his playing.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: August 3, 2005 21:38

He´s now where always he wanted be... not?? I´ve never see him in live.. (my first show was on Voodoo Lounge)... from what Ive listen on DVDs or Boots.. I think than I dont miss anything.... but of course, I can´t judge properly.. I guess...

be HAPPY

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: August 3, 2005 23:44

Sure we miss "Old Stones Face" Bill Wyman. But luckily soon after returning from NYC (9/19) he will play my hometown on 9/25. So it's a good cool down from NYC...

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: August 4, 2005 02:21

kaskatanas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He´s now where always he wanted be... not?? I´ve
> never see him in live.. (my first show was on
> Voodoo Lounge)... from what Ive listen on DVDs or
> Boots.. I think than I dont miss anything.... but
> of course, I can´t judge properly.. I guess...
>
> be HAPPY

Listen to Handsome girls and Hamton '81!!!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: August 4, 2005 12:03

Beside all honour to Bile, fine, but Daryl is far underestimated, de does swing and fits well in the band, you just can't compare musicians!
Take Taylor - Wood for example, both have their own sound and quality, it's impossible to compare!

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: August 4, 2005 13:17

Shedooby took my nick... SHEDOOBEE didn't write "Beside all honour...". Shedooby did. ok...? But till miss Bill. We're taking him out to celebrate his 69th birthday Oct 24th, in Oslo.

Posted by: sir_carlos ()
Date: August 4, 2005 13:20

Sure miss him on Satisfaction and Pain IT Black

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: August 4, 2005 21:37

Sorry shedooby, Daryl is not underestimated. He is an accepted and technical seen great bass player when it comes to play jazz (he played for Miles Davies) or when it comes to play that Madonna stuff.

What Mathijs (among some others) say, Darryl does not fit with the Stones in no means. And as a bass player I have also to agree that his bass sound is the most awful I've ever heard (saw him using an Ampeg cabinett in March when he played with Ronny at the Royal Theater but that doesn't help much as long as he plays his solid state sh..).

If you listen to the Stones with Bill and you compare what they play today you will notice that the bass stand for itself. There is no chemistry between drums and bass like in former times. More awful he regret to play things like Bill did. That doesn't work either. Just take Start Me Up. Important for the song are some octave runs by Bill that made the song. Darryl plays some other sh.. there. Take Brown Sugar where Darryl plays some wild 1/32 notes that makes me sick.

To make a long story short: Even though Bill is no versatile technical player HE IS THE STONES GROOVE. His secret is that you never really hear which notes he is playing but it swings and it has the groove!

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: August 21, 2005 16:44

Oh! Just heard rumours that Wyman has said he's interrested in doing guest appearances with his old band during the European leg of the tour! GREAT news, if the rumour is true. Did anyone else hear this? If this is gonna happen, I'm going to see to that I'm there! I wanna see and HEAR this.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 21, 2005 16:51

Yes, I'm missing him. Allot. I feel he was of great importance to the Stones' sound. Also, check out what happened to them after Bill left. Every song got slowed down... I think it is because Bill really is a player that can play things fast and still sound good. Daryll is a more groovie, jazz-kind off player. Daryll's just not a rock 'n' roll bassplayer. Bill definetly was. His base on the live versions of Street Fighting Man is amazing!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: August 21, 2005 17:04

shidoobee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh! Just heard rumours that Wyman has said he's
> interrested in doing guest appearances with his
> old band during the European leg of the tour!
> GREAT news, if the rumour is true. Did anyone else
> hear this? If this is gonna happen, I'm going to
> see to that I'm there! I wanna see and HEAR this.

Where did you hear this? Could be great news, although I'm not sure Mick and Keith would grant him a guest appearance...

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 21, 2005 17:06

Get real. That's never going to happen. The Stones and Wyman are finished.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: August 21, 2005 17:13

That's exactly why I'm curious to where Shidoobee heard it. Oh, and yes: I miss Wyman. Don't think it's a pleasant guy, but he's an essential part of Stones. Sound, image and memory.

regards, e.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 21, 2005 18:02

Pointless living in the past

he left of his own accord, as did Mick taylor.

thank you guys for your contributions, but life goes on..as does the band.

and the "I've just heard that Bill may make a guest appearance" nonsense has come up now on all four world tours that the band have announced since he left. I wouldnt hold your breath.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 22, 2005 08:00

Yes, All of us miss him..............

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 22, 2005 08:32

Bill Wyman and Daryl Jones are 2 great bass players... How are the Stones going to go wrong either way ??

By the time they auditioned Daryl they could probably have had about 90% of the bass players out there...

Heck they might even have got Flea to join the band !! Seriously almost any bassplayer would give anything for this gig.

Anybody who doesn't think Daryl is up to the job has obviously not attended any concert with him playing...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1239
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home