Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What's with the rehearsals page here?
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: August 2, 2005 20:10

In the past, IORR has been on top of it. Now there are no updates & no info. Should we all just go to Shidoobee? They seem to have information posted there at least. I don't know what's happened here...but IORR is slippin'.

Re: What's with the rehearsals page here?
Posted by: davido ()
Date: August 2, 2005 20:30

The Stones have been rehearsing here in Toronto
at a local private school near Davisville and
Mt. Pleasant Avenue. Also on set in an airplane
hanger (I'd guess the Air canada one they used
before) out at nearby Pearson Airport.

I may go sometime but friends tell me there's lotsa
groupies and hangers on, can get to be a bit of a mob
scene. Kinda makes me cringe. The camcorder videos
from last time suggest to me that the boys, especially
Keith, sometimes found it a nuisance, gave folks the
fingers etc. Most of the time one only got a fleeting
glance of them anyway. I really have no desire to piss
them off, tho suppose it could be fun too................

No doubt there are others here, who frequent the IORR,
who've been going down to check it out or know more,
can give us a better picture? For example, can
you actually hear them rehearsing? If so,
what have they been playing?

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: August 2, 2005 20:44

I really don't get it. Where are all the details concerning songs that's been rehearsed so far.
Are people so afraid of pissing keith off so they don't dare to get anywhere close to the Stones camp.
Are the Hell's Angels in charge of security again or what's going down here? I'd like full coverage on
possible songs to be played on the new tour. Maybe a Bon Jovi cover this time?

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: August 2, 2005 20:48

I've posted a similar thread a couple of weeks ago. No one replied! Any information we have ist from shidoobee. I wonder why it is so this time.... also remember last tours when iorr gave all information about rehearsed songs and so on....

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: August 2, 2005 20:53

There is more information on sheedobee's side

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 2, 2005 22:06

May be you should try a refresh?

Bjornulf

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: August 2, 2005 23:01

So the list of songs rehearsed so far below thats an OK setlist please skip Miss You! Any more?;

Oh No Not You Again
Bitch
Start Me Up
Get Off Of My Cloud
Gimme Shelter
Love is Strong
Far Away Eyes
She's so cold
Under my thumb
Jumpin Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Harlem Shuffle
As Tears Go By
Miss You
You Got Me Rocking
Just My Imagination
Ain't Too Proud to Beg
Some Girls
Shattered
Midnight Rambler
All Down the Line
Going to A Go Go
Hang Fire
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Paint It, Black
Hot Stuff
It's Only Rock 'n Roll
Rough Justice
Respectable
Sympathy For The Devil
Memory Motel

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 2, 2005 23:26

and there are undoubtedly more songs missing from this list. apparently, it's much tougher to listen in this year than in times past.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 2, 2005 23:31

I HEARD THEY ALSO REHEARSED SLAVE AND LSTNT

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 2, 2005 23:35

Forget Sympathy ,,, give me Slave,,,No Sway om there thou

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: August 2, 2005 23:39

Chippy -they can't do SWAY without - TAYLOR!@!!!!!!

MLC

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: August 2, 2005 23:48

I know I can look on Shidoobee to find out...but since this is a Stones site...I thought BV would post the songs here too. If we should all go to Shidobbe for info, why is there an IORR site?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 3, 2005 00:47

sdstonesguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If we should all go to
> Shidobbe for info, why is there an IORR site?

Why? So we don't have to go to the Rocks Off site, of course. You think, Gazza? :-)

Date: August 3, 2005 00:58

Apparently they couldn't do Sway live with Taylor either.I think the main reason they never played it is Richards dislikes or is jealous of the song.I remember reading in a magazine interview a few years back his comments about it.Richards was saying something about Jaggers electric guitar skills (or lack thereof) and the guy doing the interview said "but Sway is Mick(J.) on electric".KR replied "exactly" and then elaborated on why he thought Jagger's electric guitar work on the track wasn't very good & why he didn't like the song.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 3, 2005 02:42

Keith has also praised MJ's guitar rhythm playing in other interviews.

Date: August 3, 2005 09:25

First of all I don't just copy info from other sites. Secondly I never print anything unless it is first hand info. Thirdy I can't see what value a long list of warm-up songs at early stage rehearsals have of real value. Given the info is not 100% accurate may be. Unlike previous rehearsals it is really hard to hear what they play as it is a closed location, and I would not just print a long and nice list of many songs unless I knew who said so and when they played what song and all of that.

Bjornulf

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 3, 2005 09:33

I'm very anxious that they play each and every song I requested thru rs.com
But bv has a point - the 7/31/02 setlist graphic at that site lists songs we never heard during 2002-03 (and they did play quite a broad selection imo, especially as it was tied in w/ a 40th anniversary comp), like "I'm a Hog For You Baby" and "Short & Curlies" - and look at the Woodstock '78 rehearsals - "@#$%& Blues", "Tell Me", "Hip Shake", "The Fat Man" etc, etc....

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: August 3, 2005 10:38

You should read Chuck Leavell's tour diary to get a real insight. He makes it sound like it's he and Mick that are deciding on the setlist. I won't disparage the man since I don't personally know about it, but I would have thought that Charlie, Keith and Ronnie might have had more of a say than Chuck. But maybe that isn't the way it is done anymore in the Stones!

Chuck does say that Rough Justice is sounding really good! That's encouraging! 26 days until Ottawa!

Date: August 3, 2005 18:14

Chuck is making the set list. Then Mick says a go. Then there are two empty slots saying Keith-1 and Keith-2 which Keith is filling in. The set list is based upon what they played last time around and what is popular in the area etc. So that is why they play "Out Of Control" in Milan 2003. Or "Far Away Eyes" in Nashville 1997. Or "Dead Flowers" in Oslo 1998. Milan did not get a BtB show. These other places are country music crazy. And so on. All this is in the computer. Lots of work. Chuck is taking care of it with lots of input and comments from Mick of course. Charlie don't really care as far as I understand. He care about the look and image of the tour and the designs of material as he is also a designer but he says he is just the drummer. And I have never seen comments about Ronnie deciding on set lists.

Bjornulf

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: August 3, 2005 18:31

An interview I saw with Keith he says that it's the singer who choses the songs - after all, he has to sing them. However, I don't doubt Chucks input - especially in getting the rare numbers in - he is the "book keeper".

Keith would like to see more rare stuff in and greater chances taken (I've read several interviews where he states this) but his view is that if Mick can sing it, him and the rest of the band will play whatever he chooses.

The exception is, as BV pointed out, the two Keith songs - where he is lead singer, afterall.

However, I still reckon he pressures Mick to put in some interesting stuff in general - even if not trying to influence individual set lists.

Date: August 3, 2005 18:43

That is so bad, Chuck in charge of this. You know thats it for me, Stones can play for themselves, I not wasting my time with a chuck Levell set list, shame on you Keith!!!

Date: August 3, 2005 18:44

That is right. Some times Mick has got slight problems with his voice, so they don't do Angie or Fool To Cry or other stuff which puts stress on his voice. Some times I have even seen those songs being replaced after the actual set list has been done, as his voice some times gets dry or hoarse just before show time. And if Bobby Keys is not there you would not get Can't You Hear Me Knocking. And if Lisa is ill you don't get Gimme Shelter. I have been at shows when these things occured. And if it looks like it will rain and it is outdoor then I don't think they do songs with acoustic guitars. May be they don't work that well in rain, or may be they get damaged.

Set lists looks easy to build but you have to take into account many things. Even Brown Sugar sounded flat with Tim Ries on sax, even if Tim is a world player and one of the best. Don't know why. That song simply belongs to Bobby...

Bjornulf

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 3, 2005 18:51

Think they'll actually take into account any of our suggestions? Around and Around, etc..?

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: August 3, 2005 18:54

BersaGurra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is so bad, Chuck in charge of this. You know
> thats it for me, Stones can play for themselves, I
> not wasting my time with a chuck Levell set list,
> shame on you Keith!!!

What?? If Chuck didn't make the set list you'd be hearing the same thing every night. To me this is one of the greatest things he has done for the Stones... Opened up their song book and got them to play songs they had never done before or hadn't played in years.

Date: August 3, 2005 19:36

I am sure they are looking through all the set lists submitted through RollingStone.com and discussing what they should do. It's not just a gimmick on the web. The rehearsals are in fact more talking and discussing than actually playing.

Bjornulf

Date: August 3, 2005 22:19

But the sad fact is always that the set list is not varied much if at all. The country in Texas, Far away eyes and Out of control in Italy are no brainers which would not need a lot of thinking. Look at Bob D or Springsteen or even U2. Where is Keith and Charlie when the selection of songs takes place? Dont get me wrong, Chuck Level looks like a nice guy, but to he bores the daylights out of me musically with the Stones, so when I see him with the decision making of the set list I dont get a good feeling, sorry.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 3, 2005 22:39

U2 HAS DONE THE SAME CRAP FOR 20 YEARS! HEY, WE NEED SOMEONE ON KEYBOARDS AND HE DIDN'T SHOW UP. LET'S PULL SOME"RANDOM" PERSON OUT OF THE CROWD TO PLAY. THEY USE THE SAME OLD ACT AND SONGS FOR 20 YEARS.

Date: August 9, 2005 00:07

Set list rehearesed so far, where is She was hot, Parachute or some good suprises??? So far only As Tears Go By and possibly Hang Fire/She so Cold is any different from the last tours except the new songs of course.

Oh No Not You Again
Bitch
Start Me Up
Get Off Of My Cloud
Gimme Shelter
Love is Strong
Far Away Eyes
She's so cold
Under my thumb
Jumpin Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Harlem Shuffle
As Tears Go By
Miss You
You Got Me Rocking
Just My Imagination
Ain't Too Proud to Beg
Some Girls
Shattered
Midnight Rambler
All Down the Line
Going to A Go Go
Hang Fire
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Paint It, Black
Hot Stuff
It's Only Rock 'n Roll
Rough Justice
Respectable
Sympathy For The Devil
Memory Motel
19th Nervous Breakdown
Streets of Love,
Back of My Hand,
Neocon
Rain Fall Down
Out Of Control
Saint Of Me
Love Train
Sister Morphine
Moonlight Mile
Thru and thru
Rocks off
Worried about you
Everybody needs somebody to love
Too Rude
Little T&A

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: August 9, 2005 03:00

Some of you just critizised BV for his "lack" of work!!!

I think his answer was great, and he is doing a really great job for everyone of us!!

Come On!!

Date: August 9, 2005 08:56

I don't think you will find more accurate Toronto rehearasals info anywhere else on the net. If you find it then it is taken from IORR. Soon to come i.e. in a few hours - lots of fact's from today's rehearals plus more. OOC. Shattered. Heartbreaker. Onnya. RJ. Beast of Burden. Memory Motel. Lots more coming in a few hours time. Sounds good?

Bjornulf

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home