Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Talk is Cheap
Posted by: 72hotrocks ()
Date: July 17, 2015 05:08

I loved it from the first listen.It came out when I was 16.
I remember me and my friends not loving DW quite as much as Undercover(we still played them both).Then TIC came out and it was "Yeah!,This!" It was like a great Stones record w/o Mick,whom I love,but he was not necessary.
I have not listened to it for a few years,and after listening to 'Trouble' today I am currently diving back into 'Talk'
It still sounds great,I still love this record.

So I am still looking forward to hearing the rest of Crosseyed Heart,but I am curious how y'all feel about the terrific Talk is Cheap.
What say you?

Re: Talk is Cheap
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 06:19

I love it! I think Keith is definitely the biggest musical genius behind the Stones, and Talk is Cheap and Main Offender are both absolutely fantastic albums. Crosseyed Heart looks awesome too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 06:24 by stones2000.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 17, 2015 06:23

A little overrated , but better than anything MJ has done...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 06:25

It's great. Best stones album since some girls.

Posted by: 72hotrocks ()
Date: July 17, 2015 07:02

Turner68
It's great. Best stones album since some girls.

^this

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 08:02

^ this

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 17, 2015 11:10

This album has the typical 80 's sound ... not fun! 2/5-album ...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 17, 2015 11:44

TIC is a very good album, with a huge sound, great guitars and a very good vocal performace by Keith. Is a very rock, strong album with also very good ballads. But I also think that is a little bit overrated. I find something of some Ry Cooder's albums (I'm thinking about ''The Slide Area'' or ''Borderline'' or in general an american approach regarding the composition of the tracks) listening to TIC.
And of course it's better and more elegant than MO.

What about the new album?
From this album I expect something more 'than we have already heard of Keith soloist: two albums well played but with some gaps in composition, great moments alongside a very low moments when you can feel the limits of songbirds Richards and also some limits regarding the composition by the band (a band that is a guarantee for those who will play but sometimes even a limit).

I think this is an opportunity for Keith to give space to particular songs, musical choices and collaborations that maybe the Stones would not find fertile ground; or simply time to do something different.

From the other hand Keith has not to prove anything.
No pretense, but only small great songs, played with class and passion.
I would be enough, do not imitate the Keith Richards of days gone by, or representing a new Bitch that will not have , today, the same effect and the same force as the original during the 70s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 11:46 by pepganzo.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 17, 2015 17:12

If my memory is correct, this was my first ever CD purchase! I was previously an 8-track and then vinyl person. I played it to death!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 17, 2015 17:34

It's the best LP ever...once it even pulled me from the surf and administered CPR...no Mick album would do that

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home