Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Presale Sucked!!!
Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: August 2, 2005 17:37

What the hell was the point of the Albany pre-sale. Right at 10AM I put in my code and there wasn't any tickets available of any kind through the promotion. $100 well spent.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Re: Presale Sucked!!!
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 2, 2005 17:48

and i was just offered 4 seats in the 14th row of the front-center floor section.
the way TM releases tickets is really weird - but if you weren't offered any tickets at all, it sounds like you might want to read this thread over on shidoobee:

[p081.ezboard.com]

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 2, 2005 18:49

You gotta keep trying over and over. Thats the way TM goes. They release tickets in spurts. Cant count how many times people have mentioned it in this board and others. If tickets dont popup initially then try putting in a more specific or vague request. Example: With tickets to Chicago Soldier Field I found that if I put in best available for everything it simply would find NO tickets, but that if I put in a certain price, IE: 100/160 it would find LOADS of tickets. Keep at it my friend.

Posted by: Pedro99 ()
Date: August 2, 2005 19:30

Use the venue presale "arena" is the password.

Posted by: db44 ()
Date: August 2, 2005 20:06

Drake is right. At 16.01 (Dutch time) I was offered 17th row (Q) center floor-section 2. The price of the ticket was 350 Usd. Then I try the 99 Usd price and I was offered a bad seat (section 201) considering that I was using my pre-code. After trying some other price-options for about ten minutes I said goodbye to Ticketmaster. At 16.45 I tried again and I was offered 5th row (E) center floor-section 2. The price of the ticket was ......... 99 UsD. So keep trying and maybe you've got some luck.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 2, 2005 23:00

WOW! IF U TYPE IN ARENA AS A PEPSI ARENA PRESALE CODE I GOT 118 ROW D!THANX PEDRO!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 2, 2005 23:53

Yes yes yes yes yes,

My friend got us 3 in section 119 on (KR's side). I love it, third show in 6 days !!

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: August 3, 2005 01:04

db44 YOU CANNOT BE TELLING THE TRUTH! NO WAY WOULD IT COME UP $99 FOR A 5th ROW SEAT! WHY WOULD YOU BE OFFERED A $350 seat FOR $99? NO FRIGGIN WAY!

Posted by: Pedro99 ()
Date: August 3, 2005 01:10

Tickets in section 107 available now using "arena" code

Re: Presale as usual
Date: August 3, 2005 01:14

there are some $99 tickets in the first five rows at just about every Stones gig.
you just have to be very blessed to get them.

- Keith

Date: August 3, 2005 01:17

TELL ME HOW THAT HAPPENS! WHY WOULD I PAY $350 for a side section and someone else pay$99 for 5th row and WHO Sets that price!?

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 3, 2005 01:26

i think they beleive the 1st 5 rows are actually 2 close ,so u get the lower price ,,,but i thought it was for the stadiums only ...

Date: August 3, 2005 02:10

OK CHIPPY, THAT SEEMS LIKE A REASONABLE ANSWER. I have 2 extra pair( Actually my boyfriend bought them) in sec 118, rows D and E. Email me if anyone wants to buy. Mickschix@hotmail.com OOPS, I will have to post this on BUY&SELL, Sorry!

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: August 3, 2005 02:43

db44 How old was your membership code if you don't mind me asking? I was wondering if for some reason the oldest codes were somehow bringing up tickets like that, but then your first attemps were not that good. I guess it is mostly luck then.
Fred Hardin
SAV/GA
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: August 3, 2005 06:37

Hey Debra, I just posted something about this subject. I bought row 8 at Anaheim off of e-bay..paying a decent amount assuming it was a $4xx ticket it reads $99.

Even worse in Miami...over ticketmaster...paid for a "hot Seat"for over $600 in row 13, to discover had I just hit $99 at the time, I would have probably gotten in the first five rows. This is the ticket I feel the worst about since whatever the concept of the hot seat involves, it apparently was such a bad idea, it was pulled from the market.

I applaud the Stones for giving some of us a break, and I feel no rancor toward anyone that lucked into the $99 seat. I just feel that we early shoppers should have been made aware of all the possibilities, I might have done a lot differnt.

Date: August 3, 2005 08:38

>> had I just hit $99 at the time, I would have probably gotten in the first five rows. <<
it's not that simple, actually - there is no sure tactic for getting those $99 miracle tickets. they come up in presales, in postsales, in public sales, when you enter "best available", when you enter "$160", when you enter "$450" - whatever. those tickets are a miracle, not an entitlement; and rancour over some folks being blessed that way would be a symptom of a lack of roughage in one's diet. i'm glad that you're not that way, Kahoosier! :E

- Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-03 08:42 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: August 3, 2005 09:51

Presale codes which are released before 9th May have a better access to seats at a much lower price. I found this out also for the west coast shows.
When you bought a platinum code after 9th may you mostly had to pay 350-450 USD for very good seats. Though sometimes you are lucky.
However like the Hollywood bowl I did not even come near the terrace seats excet if I would have taken one.
So if you would like a very good seat at a reasonable price you should use your pre 9th May code except for those who still are waiting for the clubshows.

Posted by: monkeyman36 ()
Date: August 3, 2005 11:13

just tried the "arena" password for the VENUE PRESALE for the Albany show and no dice...anyone have any suggestions?

Date: August 3, 2005 18:54

Well Kahoosier, I'm not sure if RANCOR is the right word but it may be close to what I felt when I read about the 5th row for $99, considering that I try so DAMN HARD to get these great seats. It's almost as if at my age I feel entitled to ONE BREAK in price, JUST ONCE! I have, as you have, been paying top dollar, thru the nose for seats we really want and it would be a miraculous thing to ONE TIME GET A BREAK! And I really don't believe that's whining or asking too much for 42 years of alligence to this band! I bet I paid for Mick's first divorce BY MYSELF! Someone pointed out earlier that rows 1-5 MAY Be considered obstructed views because they are too close to the stage. Yeah, right, I'd like THAT PROBLEM???

Posted by: db44 ()
Date: August 3, 2005 23:10

Debra, I was telling the truth. I can't help it neither that the ticketing for this tour sucks. It really makes no sense at all. Just like the marketing (announcement shows for example) and the outrageous ticket prices. Bjornulf has written in another thread that for every concert there are always some 99 Usd tickets for seats in the first five rows. Only singles. So when you're lucky you hit the jackpot and got a bargain. It's a lottery. I don't know why they don't use the system of first comes, first serves. That should be fair. Especially for fans like you Debra. But I got the feeling that these days it's all about business.
Fred, I was using my presale-code before 9th May. I've bought this membership in november 2004.
Kahoosier, I agree with you that the RS-fanclub should have mentioned the several possibilities of ticketing.

Date: August 4, 2005 00:17

OKAY, db44. I believe you and now I'm actually happy for you but wish I could one day hit the STONES LOTTERY!

Posted by: Blueyz12002 ()
Date: August 4, 2005 09:45

Ok, I may be showing my ignorance here but where exactly are you supposed to use the code "arena"? I thought you got your own individual code to be used once only children, and that it was given to you after your offering of the hundred bucks to the "fan club" gods. Do you use it for the pre sale or during regular ticket master general public on line sales? Please, I gotta know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home