Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: HELP!!! Need to authenticate newly found signed photo from 1964
Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: July 21, 2015 04:29

Hi Jozo;

As many people have said already.. sadly those signatures are not real, although two do look good.. Remember back then the Stones received many,many letters from fans. Although they did write and sign many,letters they just didn't have the time to answer all of them. That's where the head of their fan club and others authorized by the band signed their name for them. I believe Autographs are probably the most difficult to believe if they are real. So many people get ripped off by counterfeiters claiming they are real. I have always tried to have a photo taken of the person signing the item that I am having them sign or having them holding it up. One can't do it all the time but if one can they should do it. The best thing to do is check the signature or signatures with other signatures they did from that time period (I have seen the band sign things different ways over the years) Check where or whom you got it from. Check the history of the place or person that is selling it, if they have a good reputation. Good luck with buying or selling an autgraph

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 21, 2015 04:42

Back in high school, my buddy's uncle had a job with one of Pittsburgh's teams. The uncle was a drinker, so he'd pick us up after school and drive us downtown to the arena. He would drop us off and head to the bar. If there was any little shit he had to do, we did it. If not, we would do whatever. Stuff like ride our bikes through the arena/etc. He'd show up just before game time. During the intermissions, we would go back to his office and get the gossip of the game. I don't know how many times, ushers and the like, would show up with other people's pics for the players to sign. I'm talking those expensive ones from the pro shop, even jerseys. Bam, the uncle would scribble on them and back they went. He said to try and get the first letter of their first and last name close to the real deal.

So after seeing that for years, I always doubt autographs unless I see them signed in person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-21 04:45 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 21, 2015 10:16

VideoJames
As many people have said already.. sadly those signatures are not real, although two do look good..

I agree that the chances of the signatures being authentic are probably pretty low. However, I also don't think it's possible to say definitively that they're all "not real," though without handwriting analysis it's pretty much impossible to tell either way.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 21, 2015 15:28

Always beats me why anybody would want to buy an autograph anyway. But that's just me.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 21, 2015 19:53

Thanks Jozo for posting that very cool memorabilia stuff, much appreciated.
While on the Fan-club I wonder if some of you have already seen a picture of Annabelle Smith ?

HMN

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: July 21, 2015 22:00

Hi after looking at these signatures .. i see 6 (six) different ones ...

i hope its genuine good luck

keep us updated okay ?

Posted by: Jozo ()
Date: July 22, 2015 00:31

The one at top left says "Dear Judy", so it's only 5 signatures.

Thanks again for your input, everyone. VideoJames: Unfortunately, I think you are correct, although I am still holding out hope that maybe one or two are for real. After some poking around, I think they may be.

I am still waiting verification from JSA and I do trust their findings. My other passion/hobby is sports and sports memorabilia collecting (especially teams from the great state of Maryland), and JSA is considered the bottom line in authentication. As I indicated earlier, they spent a lot of time doing scans and other identification procedures to my material and it is now in the hands of their R&R experts. I should hear from them soon.

I'm hoping they will give me an appraisal of each signature.

In any case, this stuff will looked great framed & protected with UV glass in my museum.

Will keep you all posted........THANKS!

Posted by: Jozo ()
Date: August 4, 2015 02:08

Over the weekend, I received a package from JSA Authentication. After examination, they are unable to certify the legitimacy of the photo & signatures.

They cite irregularities, such as atypical letter slants, shape, formation, spacing, etc.... blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, I was pretty bummed after spending $250. Poured a tumbler of bourbon, lit a nice cigar and listened to Sticky Fingers & Exile on Main Street to cheer myself up.

I'll get it framed without any certificate of authenticity and it will look great in the museum.

I still may take advantage of some of the other resources some of you provided, especially the Bill Wyman contact info.

Only positive is that I discovered this forum and enjoyed discussing with you fine people. Will stop by from time to time to check out threads.

Cheers!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 4, 2015 02:48

Much thanks for reporting back to us Jozo. Sorry the signatures couldn't be authenticated but together with the letters you still have an amazing piece of memoribilia! Now at least you will personally be able to enjoy them since I assume their value if authenticated might have made them to tempting to sell.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home