Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Live and Wicked -DVD Keef 1992
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 1, 2015 14:10

Just got it from the Library.
Keith and the Winos in Cologne Germany 1992.

A Must see and Listen!!! Great gig and gets me, hopefully you, in the mood for some solo gigs from Keith !!

Jeroen

Re: Live and Wicked -DVD Keef 1992
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 1, 2015 15:39

Nice gig. Been there. It was screened in TV.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 1, 2015 20:44

CousinC
Nice gig. Been there. It was screened in TV.

I've been there, too. The funny thing is: It was screened on German television on the very evening the show took place (the screening started just a little later, maybe one or two hour – when I returned from Cologne after the show to Essen my girl-friend had already seen parts of the show on TV)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 1, 2015 21:27

I used to own that show, but I gave it away. I remember it appearing to be enormously hot on the stage -
Keith was drenched in sweat, flung his scarf to the floor and seemed to be pretty distressed,
at least during the first few numbers. If I recall right his spirits improved later in the show, though
Edit: Apparently I wasn't recalling that right.
Keith looking unhappy on stage is not the way things should be, and that's why I gave the DVD away.
I'm glad if people who were there enjoyed the show, though - that's who it was for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-02 12:36 by with sssoul.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 2, 2015 00:35

with sssoul
I used to own that show, but I gave it away. I remember it appearing to be enormously hot on the stage -
Keith was drenched in sweat, flung his scarf to the floor and seemed to be pretty distressed,
at least during the first few numbers. If I recall right his spirits improved later in the show, though!

I still have it. Great vocals when he remembers his lines, but not such a good recording, although judging by the enthusiastic German audience i got a feeling is sounded good to be there.
Interesting thing happens one third into the show i think, a drunk guy repeatedly shouts out mick jagger mick jagger over and over and keith seems to look visibly saddened and depressed by it.
He is a pro and carries on, but i was shocked that keith was that sensitive to let it bother him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-02 00:36 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 2, 2015 03:12

I have it on VHS video, but no videorecorder. Have not seen it since 1995 I think.
Saw the next show live in Rotterdam near the front left. Waddy was way too loud in the begining of the show and turned down his volume at request from the crowd.
I remember this as a great show.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 2, 2015 10:01

I don't remember the drunk shouting but I do remember Keith appearing quite unhappy/uncomfortable on that stage,
which is why I wound up giving the disk away. I'm glad it was a good show for the people who attended.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 2, 2015 10:15

with sssoul
I don't remember the drunk shouting but I do remember Keith appearing quite unhappy/uncomfortable on that stage,
which is why I wound up giving the disk away. I'm glad it was a good show for the people who attended.

I will try to find it and maybe my son can tell me how to post it on you tube or something. Its between songs you can hear it. Its very noticeable. i thought Keith looked unhappy through most of that show

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: August 4, 2015 00:41

i picked this up within the last 2 years on amazon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home