Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Rough Justice"--Is It Strictly A "Man" Song?
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: August 2, 2005 00:03

I had my wife listen to it, and she just snarled her nose and rolled her eyes. I said, "You don't like it? It's The Stones!" She simply replied, "Yeah, it is".

I suppose the same reaction was given by females when they first heard "Honky Tonk Women", "Brown Sugar", "Under My Thumb" or "Stupid Girl".

For that matter, I suppose that was the same reaction many women had upon first hearing Muddy Waters' classic "Mannish Boy".

Now, it's a given that rock n roll isn't strictly a man's world, but "the boys" aren't about to give up staking out their territory.

Do you women have a problem with that? (delivered with tongue planted firmly in cheek)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-02 00:05 by bassplayer617.

Re: Rough Justice
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 2, 2005 00:23

smile: put your tongue back where it belongs, Bassplayer! some men seem to really cherish the hope that women won't be grooved by this gloriously raunchy stuff. too bad! the Stones got the sustained drive, baby, and it works. :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-02 00:37 by with sssoul.

Re: "Rough Justice"--Is It Strictly A "Man" Song?
Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 2, 2005 00:38

I've played RJ for alot of people lately. I dont think it necessarily appeals to one sex or the other. Stupid Girl on the otherhand has always sucked as a tune. Cant believe the Stones put that out.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 2, 2005 00:48

i liked stupid girl since its release ages ago

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 2, 2005 01:31

The Rolling Stones music is about the most offensive music on the planet....it is sexist, racist, etc......their music has one basic theme.....how can I get more pus(*&^%$? Rock and roll was always about sex and great rock and roll still is......long live the Stones.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 2, 2005 01:36

to answer your question: no. My wife (and other women I know) loves alot of the rockers as much or moreso than the ballads/etc. She doesn't like RJ for the same reason I don't - it's not that good a song, IOHO.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 2, 2005 01:52

MY WIFE THINKS IT'S THEIR BEST SINGLE SINCE UNDERCOVER. I THINK SHE'S RIGHT!

Date: August 4, 2005 00:36

This just occurred to me--you who I think Mick is directly addressing in the lyrics to this song? Us--the hardcore fans, the ones who have stuck it out through good bad times & bad for the long haul. "you're gonna have to trust me and it's rough justice but you know I'll never break your heart"

Mick even takes a loving jab at us, as a reminder that while the hardcore is getting older, we still wanna rock, too. "so put your lips to my hips, baby, and tell me what's on your mind--I know you still got that animal attraction for me--it's been a long long time"

Think about it--taken in this context, it makes perfect sense. So, in that light, it isn't a "man" song at all--it's a "fan" song. This is exactly why so many of us fell in love with this song -- we subconsciously and instinctively felt he was talking to us, but didn't realize it until later.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-04 00:53 by bassplayer617.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 4, 2005 05:16

huh!??!!....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: KillRill ()
Date: August 4, 2005 08:20

I think RJ with all it's chicken, fox (sounds like f@cks), cocks and lips on the hips is surely a mannish song. Women are never pleased with rough justice on them smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-04 08:21 by KillRill.

Re: Rough Justice
Posted by: browneyedgirl ()
Date: August 4, 2005 15:14

I agree whole-heartedly, with sssoul! The Stones (& Rough Justice) got that marvelously sustained driving rhythm, baby, and it sure works for me!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 4, 2005 15:19

Yeah agree with sssoul and browneyedgirl...love it before and after my sex change.

ROCK wo MAN

Date: August 4, 2005 15:27

Okey-dokey, so much for my brief attempt to give RJ a unisex appeal--a "man song" it is LOL!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1118
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home