Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Ts... You know who you are...
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 12, 2015 23:18

Spending time with an assortment of lovely Stones fans during the tour, I have noticed a certain ... um ...tendency for gentlemen to take an inordinate amount of care and pride in their Concert Day wardrobe. In some cases to the exclusion of actually remembering to buy their ticket. I can imagine the lavish, almost fetishized preparation. The sorting, the memories, the laundering and loving folding... The planning for the next tour or show.

So, anyway, I noticed. And promised to makefun of the guilty parties. As is my wont to do. grinning smiley

Tell the tale of your favourite T. Pics if possible.

Re: Stones Ts... You know who you are...
Posted by: BrownSugar1980 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 23:25

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 13, 2015 00:36

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing STG, and why not? A Stones concert doesn't happen every day, so it's important to look your best. smiling smiley

I always bring a bunch of tees with me to share with whomever is going to the show with me. The tees are easy, it's what to wear with them...for an arena, it's jeans, usually. Outdoor stadiums are more of a challenge with the heat. I refuse to wear shorts, so that leaves lightweight jeans or a skirt. But I'm not going anywhere without lipstick.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 13, 2015 01:17

BrownSugar1980

lol. I can assure you I'm not that guy. Think I wore my Zeppelin Swan Song t shirt for this tour. Faded almost beyond recognition and wrinkled from the backpack.

Anyway...it's all about the shoes isn't it?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 13, 2015 01:46

I wear a stones shirt from the previous con:cert I was at.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 13, 2015 02:31

Naturalust

It seriously is. I can't tell you how long I spend staring at my shoes, deciding which will have a high enough heel/sole for me to be able to see something, while feeling comfortable enough to stand/dance in all night, and won't clash too horribly with the rest of my outfit. Then I wear the same pair of black boots I always wear. grinning smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 13, 2015 02:43

asking them to help make fun of themselves is bold and i like it.

wonder if they'll notice.

Date: July 13, 2015 02:50

They can make fun of me too if they like. I'm ridiculous. grinning smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 13, 2015 02:59

Aquamarine
Naturalust

It seriously is. I can't tell you how long I spend staring at my shoes, deciding which will have a high enough heel/sole for me to be able to see something, while feeling comfortable enough to stand/dance in all night, and won't clash too horribly with the rest of my outfit. Then I wear the same pair of black boots I always wear. grinning smiley

You were the picture of style in Nashville, Aqua...and, I might add, you looked quite comfortable too. I have learned to be practical about the footwear. Though I still can't seem to get out of town without bringing way too many shoes, the brown ankle boots usually win out. cool smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 13, 2015 03:29

How true. Some of the wiring in the brain of a man is connected only during tour time. I started to shine my shoes before a show and only after, after, after, I have my ticket. Thank you STG.

Posted by: BrownSugar1980 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 03:59

Naturalust
BrownSugar1980

lol. I can assure you I'm not that guy. Think I wore my Zeppelin Swan Song t shirt for this tour. Faded almost beyond recognition and wrinkled from the backpack.

Even though I posted that I actually did wear a Stones shirt to the Arlington show. I almost wore the same Bush T-shirt that I wore to see them at Texas Motor Speedway in '97, but since I have several cool Stones shirts I decided to wear one. It's pretty much par for the course at Stones shows, lots of people wearing various designs from over the years. It was kind of cool to check some of them out. I didn't really put much thought into my wardrobe selection though, just picked my favorite of the bunch, which is that one that has the dragon with the lips standing over the stadium.

Date: July 13, 2015 04:56

BrownSugar1980
Naturalust
BrownSugar1980

Even though I posted that I actually did wear a Stones shirt to the Arlington show. I almost wore the same Bush T-shirt that I wore to see them at Texas Motor Speedway in '97, but since I have several cool Stones shirts I decided to wear one. It's pretty much par for the course at Stones shows, lots of people wearing various designs from over the years. It was kind of cool to check some of them out. I didn't really put much thought into my wardrobe selection though, just picked my favorite of the bunch, which is that one that has the dragon with the lips standing over the stadium.

There was a time when wearing a Stones shirt was a badge of honor, the coolest and hippest thing in any wardrobe. Now it's like wearing Micky Mouse shirt or something, every family has got one. I do still like the folks wearing the true vintage shirts from the 70's though and the badge is kind of limited to who is wearing the oldest ones.

Date: July 13, 2015 11:29

latebloomer
Aquamarine
Naturalust

You were the picture of style in Nashville, Aqua...and, I might add, you looked quite comfortable too. I have learned to be practical about the footwear. Though I still can't seem to get out of town without bringing way too many shoes, the brown ankle boots usually win out. cool smiley

Well, thank you! smiling smiley And I think ankle boots are definitely the way to go, especially for those of us who are less than tall!

Date: July 13, 2015 15:49

Aquamarine
Well, thank you! smiling smiley And I think ankle boots are definitely the way to go, especially for those of us who are less than tall!

Being short on the floor is the worst. If I end up in Row 41 again, I'll be rocking some tasteful Stones-logo stilts. Along with my Keith Mountie T and tour earrings.

Date: July 14, 2015 00:44

^^ Wow, those are great! cool smiley

Date: July 14, 2015 00:50

Aquamarine

I think it would depend entirely where the piercing is.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 14, 2015 01:08

Guilty, I purposefully wore a shirt Saturday that would catch eyes. My wife and I included we were all checking out everyone's garb. Mine was Boston green with a list of Boston arena dates only thru the years starting in 1965 thru 2006. Shirt was Celtic green with clover green tongue on back and unique red tongue on front. There were a lot of great clothing in Buffalo!!

Date: July 14, 2015 03:47

Naturalust
Aquamarine

NONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!

(OK - secretly, always wanted tassles...)

Date: July 14, 2015 04:31

SomeTorontoGirl
Naturalust
Aquamarine

NONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!

(OK - secretly, always wanted tassles...)

So.....No really means yes? smoking smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 14, 2015 04:33

I saw a guy with a button up with little tiny tongues on it, which was pretty cool. I wore a bodysuit under jeans to the concert and bought a tee there to wear overtop. Wore jeans and chucks, but heat was never an issue because of the air conditioning.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2397
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home