Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Hotel California
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 14, 2015 02:51

I want some of whatever carlorossi and KeithNacho been smokin'.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 14, 2015 02:53

great song, they're "Stairway To Heaven" or "Satisfaction".

Funny, I've always wondered whether the Beatles could be considered to have a signature song, and if so what it would be.

Hey Jude maybe?

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 14, 2015 03:12

treaclefingers

Funny, I've always wondered whether the Beatles could be considered to have a signature song, and if so what it would be.

Hey Jude maybe?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 14, 2015 03:27

great song from a great band and its not walsh its felder

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: July 14, 2015 09:28

melillo

Felder does the first half and Walsh starts the second half but is joined by Felder halfway through his own half with the harmony solo, if you know what I mean. The link is live in '76, start watching at 4:35 or so, as Felder finishes his bit. At 4:47, Walsh starts his part and they pretty quickly play it together.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 11:30

treaclefingers

Hey Jude maybe?

they don't have one. they are just the beatles. that is enough.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 14, 2015 14:02

treaclefingers

Hey Jude maybe?

Most definitely She Loves You! Tight as a pigs ass.

2 1 2 0

Date: July 14, 2015 16:36

Come On
treaclefingers

Hey Jude maybe?

Most definitely She Loves You! Tight as a pigs ass.

well maybe for early beatles but even for that, I'd go with I Want To Hold Your Hand.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 14, 2015 18:37

i stayed their once way back and had a salad with flowers in it , so i asked to speak with the chef and i told him if you are putting flowers in the salad ,how will anyone be able to wear them in there hair ?i was told that happens in San Francisco. (by the way the salad was very good it was at the Coronado Marriott at the "Marooned at the Marriott New Years party ")

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 19:41

Now that song... "bores the daylight out of me"

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 14, 2015 23:56

carlorossi
melillo

Felder does the first half and Walsh starts the second half but is joined by Felder halfway through his own half with the harmony solo, if you know what I mean. The link is live in '76, start watching at 4:35 or so, as Felder finishes his bit. At 4:47, Walsh starts his part and they pretty quickly play it together.

[www.youtube.com]
thumbs up

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 15, 2015 00:56

Sure it gets played a lot, because it's a great song. Big deal. Radio has meant nothing to me for years so frankly, I don't give a sh!t how much it gets played.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 15, 2015 00:58

melillo
carlorossi
melillo

[www.youtube.com]
thumbs up

Felder is a monster guitar player and sorely missed in the current Eagles lineup, imo. His book on his time in that band is a good read.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 15, 2015 00:58

Man, could you change the channel?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 15, 2015 00:59

Naturalust
melillo
carlorossi
melillo

[www.youtube.com]
thumbs up

Felder is a monster guitar player and sorely missed in the current Eagles lineup, imo. His book on his time in that band is a good read.

It's meaningless live without Felder.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 15, 2015 04:58

LuxuryStones
bigmac7895
I am a fan of the Eagles but I do not hear anything that resembles Stones-like sound with the Eagles. Solo like Taylor? Not to be critical but I do not see that either.

The melodic approach, timing, the bluesy feel and fluidity coming from Joe Walsh (?) definitely has a Taylorish feel to me. Or the other way around.
actually Don Felder the song's composer plays 90% of the leads on this. There is a lot of talent in the Eagles arsenal.

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: July 15, 2015 05:06

Terrific song. Horrible band.

Date: July 15, 2015 05:18

Chester

and there we have what couldn't be articulated up to this point, in 4 simple words.

thank you chester!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 15, 2015 05:30

Well, seeing as you're discussing Joe Walsh...Shot last week at Ringo's birthday celebration (shameless plug).

Date: July 15, 2015 06:49

treaclefingers
Chester

and there we have what couldn't be articulated up to this point, in 4 simple words.

thank you chester!

only 50% right.

horrible song, horrible band.

do like joe walsh though. james gang rides again!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 15, 2015 06:51

Turner68
treaclefingers
Chester

thank you chester!

only 50% right.

As a person, Joe Walsh is hilarious. James gang was good. I met him prior to the photo above, we chatted about his car (we were at the car wash) and when he got up to leave I told him The Eagles would have been nothing without him. He chuckled.

Date: July 15, 2015 06:55

roller99
Turner68
treaclefingers
Chester

thank you chester!

only 50% right.

As a person, Joe Walsh is hilarious. James gang was good. I met him prior to the photo above, we chatted about his car (we were at the car wash) and when he got up to leave I told him The Eagles would have been nothing without him. He chuckled.

you were right and he knew it.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: July 15, 2015 07:28

Turner68

I don't agree, but Dennis Leary did a hilarious bit about Don Henley back in the '90s, just ripping on him. He says, "Don Henley..... I got two words for Don Henley: Joe f&*^cking Walsh, alright?!"

Date: July 15, 2015 17:40

Turner68
roller99
Turner68
treaclefingers
Chester

thank you chester!

only 50% right.

J
their best albums are before Joe joined. Yes Walsh is a tremendous player but he's not Neil Young joining CSN.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 15, 2015 18:41

DoomandGloom
Turner68
roller99
Turner68
treaclefingers
Chester

thank you chester!

only 50% right.

J
their best albums are before Joe joined. Yes Walsh is a tremendous player but he's not Neil Young joining CSN.

by the way what's the story with their former bassist Randy Meisner threatening murder suicide?

Date: July 15, 2015 19:00

DoomandGloom
Turner68
roller99
Turner68
treaclefingers
Chester

thank you chester!

only 50% right.

J

we just disagree about them, which is fair. i think they don't have any good albums. i think they're an awful band. the beginning of corporate rock in many ways (although of course they sound nothing like foreigner).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-15 19:00 by Turner68.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: July 15, 2015 20:49

I'm a Californian, born and raised, and I agree with the Big Lebowski: I HATE THIS SONG!

Putting aside the music, the lyrics are daft. Petty philosophizing.

In the middle 1970s their music was everywhere along with Jackson Browne's and the other country rockers, and it was horrible, a living torture.

I must admit I like the Gypsy Kings version of the song in Spanish. I think there is a satirical elemet here:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 15, 2015 23:12

Oh, man, hard to believe this is still kickin' 'round here. Re the Lebowski post, right on!, regarding Lebowski's view. I loved the first two Eagles albums, though Gram's Grievous Angel album was my fave of that time and still rocks/rolls better than anything the Eagles have compiled. The Eagles changed after Bernie Leadon left or was forced out. Anyway, let's look at another popular group around at that time - Loggins and Messina. Yacht Rock at its's finest (and yeah, c'mon, admit it, the Eagles are yacht rock also).

Date: July 15, 2015 23:46

reg thorpe
DoomandGloom
Turner68
roller99
Turner68
treaclefingers
Chester

thank you chester!

only 50% right.

J

by the way what's the story with their former bassist Randy Meisner threatening murder suicide?
I don't know but in case he's watching, Randy made the Eagles great.

Posted by: SuperC ()
Date: July 17, 2015 08:34

Song is an absolute bore. The beginning of the end of the Eagles. From good Country rock/ballads to corporate, soulless radio friendly bile. See Poco for a like fade from country rock relevance to AM radio staples.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home