Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
First Show
Posted by: minimick1009 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 05:11

First stones show ever! #SO EXCITED

Re: First Show
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 11, 2015 05:35

Don't let it be the last too.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 11, 2015 05:37

How exciting!!!! The Stones should be considered one of the wonders of the modern world..You will have a life changing experience!!!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 11, 2015 06:21

I'm an old @#$%& man -- my first time was 40+ years ago on Mick's 29th birthday and my third time was a great show at Rich Stadium in Buffalo, a great Stones town, in August 75, but I am jealous of you in many ways. Tour momentum seems to be in top gear and this has all the makings of a great show.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 06:47

Hello everyone. "Minimick1009" is my 8 year old son. We are taking him to his first Stones show, the Buffalo show. This will be my 15th show, but I have a new kind of excitement this time to be able to take my son. He loves the music and I think he will have a great time. We will stop by Hammers Lot, before going to our 8th row seats! We will be wearing matching Union Jack capes. "Minimick1009" is excited for the show and has been following the action here on iorr. He took it upon himself to set up his own iorr account. Welcome aboard son!

Dad

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: July 11, 2015 08:11

Have a blast! Hopefully this will be just the first step in breaking the world record....

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 11, 2015 08:18

minimick1009

mickjagger1009
Hello everyone. "Minimick1009" is my 8 year old son. We are taking him to his first Stones show, the Buffalo show. This will be my 15th show, but I have a new kind of excitement this time to be able to take my son. He loves the music and I think he will have a great time. We will stop by Hammers Lot, before going to our 8th row seats! We will be wearing matching Union Jack capes. "Minimick1009" is excited for the show and has been following the action here on iorr. He took it upon himself to set up his own iorr account. Welcome aboard son!

Dad

Priceless!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 11, 2015 08:37

relms
minimick1009

mickjagger1009

Dad

Priceless!! smileys with beer

Priceless indeed. And like MingSubu wrote, don't let it be the last. Enjoy it while you both can. We already have cmc and RS here, and it's always good to see two generations sharing the same passion. thumbs up

Date: July 11, 2015 08:54

I am just happy to see that although good music tastes seemed to have skipped a 15-20 year segment of kids... it looks like the next group coming up is going to revolt AND SAVE ROCK AND ROLL and the world!!!

Get these kids some guitars, basses and drumsets
and help them avoid the dangers of autotuning, rap and shows like American Idol.

The world is going to be OK as it long as it has little rock and rollers like miniMick and RS spreading the good word of THE ROLLING STONES!!

HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT WORLD, THE ROCK AND ROLL KIDS ARE COMING!!!

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 09:37

Minimick will be hooked by the first 2 notes in JJF and beg you to go to Quebec. Enjoy!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 11, 2015 09:46

Mimmick,let us know what your favorite parts of the show are.

And as "an older person" I can tell you that you will NEVER forget those parts.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 11, 2015 10:22

Great! Enjoy. My son is 3 years old and I really really hope that will tour Europe let's say in 2020. (2016 Europe, 2018 album and US tour, 2019 Americas, Asia, Australia, 2020 Europe...)

Date: July 11, 2015 14:23

Ok

Date: July 11, 2015 14:26

Yup that is all true smiling smiley

Date: July 11, 2015 16:08

I first got into the Stones when I was 12. It was 1989, during the Steel Wheels "come back". It got me hooked. I remember the jokes about their age back then! If you told me at that time that I would be almost 40 years old and be able to take my own 8 year old son to see the Stones, I would have bet EVERY penny against it. I would have laughed so hard, like it was a complete joke. Here we are, and the Stones are still a great show. I wouldn't be taking Jr. if it wasn't still a great product.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 11, 2015 17:20

mickjagger1009

Dad

That's so lovely! Minimick1009, you're going to have an absolutely fantastic time tonight - enjoy!!! hot smileyhot smileysmiling smiley

Date: July 11, 2015 21:30

relms
I am just happy to see that although good music tastes seemed to have skipped a 15-20 year segment of kids... it looks like the next group coming up is going to revolt AND SAVE ROCK AND ROLL and the world!!!

Get these kids some guitars, basses and drumsets
and help them avoid the dangers of autotuning, rap and shows like American Idol.

The world is going to be OK as it long as it has little rock and rollers like miniMick and RS spreading the good word of THE ROLLING STONES!!

HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT WORLD, THE ROCK AND ROLL KIDS ARE COMING!!!

I do take drum lessons.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 11, 2015 22:00

Hi Minimick, have a great show with the Stones and much fun with your drum set! My son (we live in Germany) is 7 years old and tomorrow he will go with me to his very first concert: AC/DC ... He likes them more than the Stones!cool smiley

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 11, 2015 22:07

mickjagger1009

Dad

Yes, that was a fantastic experience for me too when I took my son for the first time to a Stones concert, Stade de France 2003. Unforgettable

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: July 11, 2015 22:21

mickjagger1009

Dad

HAVE A BALL, mate!!!!! Jealous to the bone.... Take it away!!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 11, 2015 22:59

Welcome to the board minimick1009. Have a great time. Enjoy the show with your dad

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 11, 2015 23:05

like everything in life, nothing is ever as good as your first time. Enjoy smileys with beer

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:25

I remember my first Stones show. I wasn't "#SO EXCITED", because # was just what you pressed after putting your number in somebody's pager. But the first time was the best time for me, hope you have a blast.

Date: July 12, 2015 07:02

And what a great show it was to see !!! We listened in by periscope and it sounded GREAT!

MiniMick, Be sure to thank your Dad for a long time ever for taking you to this show. Someday you will be the coolest cat in the room when you say at age 50 (in 2057) "Oh yeah, I saw The Stones with my Dad back in 2015 in Buffalo and it was awesome".

Might I also suggest somehow (maybe over time) obtaining for yourself 4-5 shirts from this show in sizes small, medium, large, extra large and XXL and keep them in mint condition over the years, then pull them out an wear them when the time comes. Keep playing those drums. It ALL starts, and is guided along, with the drum beat.

Papa Mick you did great, props to you!! thumbs up

Date: July 12, 2015 07:41

Hope MiniMick and his son had a great show! I'm sure we all expect a full report from both of them! winking smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 08:05

Yeah I demand a review, love first time perspectives.

Date: July 13, 2015 02:18

Very memorable experience. A lot of walking and tough getting around at times for little legs, but he did well. Jr really caught his second wind for the later half of the show, once we settled in, and really loved hearing some of his favorite tunes. Hammers Lot was cool, thanks again. I have a good picture of my son and I in front of his Stones sign. Is there a way to post the picture in this thread?

Date: July 13, 2015 02:23

Congrats

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 13:22 by relms.

Date: July 13, 2015 16:38

mickjagger1009

Dad
Dad don't embarrass me

Date: July 13, 2015 19:52

minimick1009
mickjagger1009

Dad
Dad don't embarrass me
I am not, you did great son! Great time, great memories forever! Why don't you tell us your favorite songs from the show, maybe your favorite memories.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home