Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No new Soundboard Bootlegs
Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: July 7, 2015 22:32

Hi guys,

I was wondering why there are no soundboard boots of the >2012
shows available.
Are the sound engineers not corrupt anymore? whants wrong?

Any insides ? ideas ?

Cheerio,

DeeGee

Re: No new Soundboard Bootlegs
Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: July 7, 2015 22:40

DeeGee
Hi guys,

shows available.

Any insides ? ideas ?

Cheerio,

DeeGee

Assume you are talking about IEM recordings;
we haven't had a true soundboard in years.
I would certainly imagine IEM's are being captured....

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 7, 2015 22:40

DeeGee

I was wondering why there are no soundboard boots of the >2012 shows available.

Because they'll be later on available as "From the Vault" series .... winking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 7, 2015 22:48

DeeGee
Hi guys,

shows available.

Any insides ? ideas ?

Cheerio,

DeeGee

No doubt every performance is recorded on multitrack but I doubt Dave Natale is going to slip anyone a feed from the stereo bus or share his recording of it with anyone outside of the Stones. He is too well paid, too professional and too visible in his role. It would likely risk his employment because everyone would instantly know the source.

I've mixed live shows and given feeds to people who I liked who promised on their mothers grave they were only for personal enjoyment and seen them on boots a couple months later. Pissed me off enough to know better next time. Anybody who mixes FOH has probably been similarly burned.

As much as I have enjoyed boots, the recording of the show is still creative property in my mind and I think we need less theft of it in the industry not more. You wonder why record companies don't develop artists long term anymore and all we get are manufactured pop acts who are shoved down our throats by Vevo, devaluation of creative property is one of the reasons.

I know lots of people here love their boots, love to get everything for free and my position may not be popular, but I don't mind paying for what I get. I end up valuing it more and I can't think of a better industry to support with my money than music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 22:50 by Naturalust.

Date: July 7, 2015 23:15

Someone feel free to correct me, but weren't the 2012 PPV and the 2013 Glastonbury shows soundboards?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:19

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Someone feel free to correct me, but weren't the 2012 PPV and the 2013 Glastonbury shows soundboards?

I was thinking the same. At least we have pro-shot footage from both. winking smiley

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:38

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

Yeah, but they are playing so much better now, and I say that from personal experience.
Keith has improved to the point that they are simply rockin.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:45

When was the last time we got a true SB?
Buenos Aires'95 with "Sympathy For The Voodoo Cult"?

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:48

dcba

Buenos Aires '95 was a FM recording!

We got the almost excellent soundboard from Brixton '95 not too long ago.
And don't forget the not so excellent Circus Krone '03 soundboard!

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: July 8, 2015 00:52

The 2 London showsfrom 2012, the ppv, Toronto on june 6th 2013 and Glastonbury are all sbd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 01:06 by geordiestone.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: July 8, 2015 01:13

Both O2 Shows from 2012 SBD ???

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 8, 2015 01:29

PPV feeds are not soundboard but compressed production mixes for mass consumption...and the O2 shows are IEM/Aud matrixes if you are referring to the EVSD stuff.

A true soundboard would an unproduced unaltered feed to the main speakers on the stacks aimed at the audience and is usually not enhanced with EQ or FX in anyway...see SF81 or LA81 as just 2 examples of true SBs...

Date: July 8, 2015 02:09

Munichhilton
PPV feeds are not soundboard but compressed production mixes for mass consumption...and the O2 shows are IEM/Aud matrixes if you are referring to the EVSD stuff.

A true soundboard would an unproduced unaltered feed to the main speakers on the stacks aimed at the audience and is usually not enhanced with EQ or FX in anyway...see SF81 or LA81 as just 2 examples of true SBs...

Thank you for clarifying, but I think my way of differentiating is better..."Can I hear drunks clapping/shouting to each other? No. Can I hear each instrument clearly? Yes. Is there any/much distortion? No. It's probably a soundboard." spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 8, 2015 03:03

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Munichhilton

"Can I hear drunks clapping/shouting to each other? )

This describes the Stones on many a soundboard...

Date: July 8, 2015 03:08

Munichhilton
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Munichhilton

>grinning smiley<

Date: July 8, 2015 05:50

Munichhilton

My mistake. I apologise for my ignorance on the subject. But the recordings i mentioned are truly excellent.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 07:09

Munichhilton
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Munichhilton

Excellent post

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: July 8, 2015 08:13

Question! Who has ever listened to boots recorded by someone that goes by Krystal Kat Records? Have a MSG from Jan 98 thats his recoding and its as good as any 1990s and up soundboard I've ever heard.Just wondering.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 09:30

Naturalust
I know lots of people here love their boots, love to get everything for free and my position may not be popular, but I don't mind paying for what I get. I end up valuing it more and I can't think of a better industry to support with my money than music.

I absolutely share your view. The fact that people are used to getting music for free and it is a natural thing today, is one of the main reasons of the current state of the music industry and the music itself.

However, I would love to buy CDs of the shows I attended, I would love to give The Stones my money for that. If I only could...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 8, 2015 10:04

TheBlockbuster
dcba

"FM recording"? I really don't think so... It was very dry and it had no audience input in the mix. FM recordings are always compressed and an audience soundis added to the mix.

As for the other two toy mentioned they're not SB stricto sensus, rather rips from video tapes.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 8, 2015 10:46

dcba
TheBlockbuster
dcba

"FM recording"? I really don't think so... It was very dry and it had no audience input in the mix. FM recordings are always compressed and an audience soundis added to the mix.

As for the other two toy mentioned they're not SB stricto sensus, rather rips from video tapes.

I haven't listened to BA '95 in a long time but I know that it was broadcasted both on tv and radio. So the bootleg should be sourced from one of them. TV broadcasts are sometimes very dry sounding - just listen to Chorzow 1998.

Do we really know if Brixton is sourced from video? To me it sounds like an unfinished multitrack mix, so not raw soundboard indeed! smiling smiley

Those miserable folks in the ''inner trading circle'' probably has the Brixton pro-shot though. thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 10:50 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: July 8, 2015 11:46

TheBlockbuster
Those miserable folks in the ''inner trading circle'' probably has the Brixton pro-shot though. thumbs down

Consider yourself lucky to have heard the audio... it was rather a good surprise at the time.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 8, 2015 12:17

geordiestone
The 2 London showsfrom 2012, the ppv, Toronto on june 6th 2013 and Glastonbury are all sbd.

Never heard of that Toronto show being a SBD ?

The London O2 shows are an IEM matrix as was mentioned above and if we're going that road the Tokyo 2014 shows also came out in that format. No other IEM matrix I can think of?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 8, 2015 13:32

i will say it till i am blue in the face , why cant the Stones sell offical sounboard CD's/pro shot DVD's of all of there live shows ? i would pay for the quality.Bruce sells sounboards of his shows .

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: July 8, 2015 13:44

TheGreek
i will say it till i am blue in the face , why cant the Stones sell offical sounboard CD's/pro shot DVD's of all of there live shows ? i would pay for the quality.Bruce sells sounboards of his shows .

Maybe beacause there are too many embarrsing moments? I mean Honky Tonk Women in Milwaukee, Can't Be Seen in Oslo, Start Me Up in Raleigh - the list is long.

I also think that Mick is thinking long term and about how his grandsons grandson will get royalties from the ''From The Valut: Petco Park 2015'' release in 2085.
The Rolling Stones would not do this instant live kind of thing. They're too smart (greddy) for that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 13:47 by RaiseTheKnife.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 8, 2015 13:51

The IEM recordings from the O2 2012 are superbthumbs up

I had the privilege to attend both of those fantastic showssmiling smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 8, 2015 13:53

TheBlockbuster
dcba
TheBlockbuster
dcba

I haven't listened to BA '95 in a long time but I know that it was broadcasted both on tv and radio. So the bootleg should be sourced from one of them. TV broadcasts are sometimes very dry sounding - just listen to Chorzow 1998.

Do we really know if Brixton is sourced from video? To me it sounds like an unfinished multitrack mix, so not raw soundboard indeed! smiling smiley

That Pro-shot of Brixton was shown at the shepherds bush empire back in 1999 at a fanevent. As far as i know it´s not in circulation at all, but someone obviously got it.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 8, 2015 15:09

RaiseTheKnife
TheGreek

Maybe beacause there are too many embarrsing moments? I mean Honky Tonk Women in Milwaukee, Can't Be Seen in Oslo, Start Me Up in Raleigh - the list is long.

I also think that Mick is thinking long term and about how his grandsons grandson will get royalties from the ''From The Valut: Petco Park 2015'' release in 2085.
The Rolling Stones would not do this instant live kind of thing. They're too smart (greddy) for that.
it is leaving money behind . which is dumb . oh by the way Stones fans love the Stones warts and all .i was in Milwaukee and Chuck messed up the cowbell intro to honky tonk ,then the song went off without a hitch. moral to the story Charlie or Bernard should hit the cowbell intro not Chuck he should concentrate on his job

Date: July 8, 2015 15:35

gotdablouse
geordiestone

The London O2 shows are an IEM matrix as was mentioned above and if we're going that road the Tokyo 2014 shows also came out in that format. No other IEM matrix I can think of?
Rskinno put a version up at the time for a few days that i got that's perfect in every way.

Date: July 8, 2015 15:44

geordiestone
gotdablouse
geordiestone

Rskinno put a version up at the time for a few days that i got that's perfect in every way.
And he said it was a SBD that he obtained from Greece.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2511
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home