Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: iorr members other favourite bands or artists
Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 3, 2015 06:29

Disappointing to see how many like other groups as much as or more than the Stones...this is why they owe the fan base nothing. Most Rolling Stones fans are classic rock fans and would take The Beatles, Led Zep and/or other act. There are very few true Stones fans left.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 3, 2015 06:30

Good lists.. I will give 5 besides RS
Beatles
Allman Brothers Band
REM
Talking Heads
Bluesbreakers

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 3, 2015 06:48

Brstonesfan
Disappointing to see how many like other groups as much as or more than the Stones...this is why they owe the fan base nothing. Most Rolling Stones fans are classic rock fans and would take The Beatles, Led Zep and/or other act. There are very few true Stones fans left.

Are you serious? Disappointed? You don't have to like the Stones exclusively or even best to be a huge Stones fan, imo. Not that I believe the Stones owe there fan base anything but to insinuate they would if they singularly liked the Stones is a bit crazy.

I'd go so far as to say everyone who posted on this thread is a huge Stones fan. But hey we've been through this true and real fan stuff here many times and I think it's pretty meaningless. If you go so far as to say to be a true Stones fan you can't like other rock music perhaps you and onlystones are the only true Stones fans left on the planet. winking smiley

Date: July 3, 2015 07:09

Naturalust
Brstonesfan

Are you serious? Disappointed? You don't have to like the Stones exclusively or even best to be a huge Stones fan, imo. Not that I believe the Stones owe there fan base anything but to insinuate they would if they singularly liked the Stones is a bit crazy.

I'd go so far as to say everyone who posted on this thread is a huge Stones fan. But hey we've been through this true and real fan stuff here many times and I think it's pretty meaningless. If you go so far as to say to be a true Stones fan you can't like other rock music perhaps you and onlystones are the only true Stones fans left on the planet. winking smiley

Well, I consider myself a Stones purist and chose not to listen to other classic rock bands, especially ones like Beatles, LZ, Floyd, Eagles, who many constantly say are so much better than the Stones. I like the Who because Pete has always credited the Stones and not put themdown like Bob Plant, Bono, and others..

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 07:12

The Beatles
The Who
The Kinks
Dylan
Bowie
The Black Crowes
The Black Keys
Zeppelin
Muddy Waters
Johnny Winters
Skip James
Leon Russell
Joe Cocker
Mott the Hoople
Humble Pie
Yes
Deep Purple
Black Sabbath
Stax (all of it)
Howlin Wolf
Rev Gary Davis
Mississippi John Hurt
Taj Mahal
Buddy Guy
Junior Wells
Little Walter
Slim Harpo
BB King
Luther Alison
Bo Diddly
Dr. John
Fats Domino
Buddy Holy
The Isley Brothers
early Santana
Electric Wizard
Soft Machine
Can
CSNY
Pink Floyd
Buck Cherry
Jonestown Massacre
Beck
My Morning Jacket
Wilco
Blue Note jazz...all of it
Sinatra...most of it
Count Basie
Miles Davis
Police
Clapton pre 80s
Zombies
The Pretty Things
Iggy and the Stooges
Iggy
The Grateful Dead
The Tubes
The Faces
Rod Stewart pre 1975
Robin Trower
The Porcupine Trees
The Jam
The Clash
Brian Stetzer
The Stray Cats
Jerry Lee Lewis
Gene Vincent
Carl Perkins
Elvis
Dean Martin
Rachmaninov
Wager
Stravinsky
Staukhuasen
Ali Akbar Kahn
Ravi Shankar
Lou Reed
The Velvet Underground (sans Nico)
Tom Waits
Chuck E. Weiss (his new album has a great version of Exile on Main Street Blues)
The Band
The Talking Heads
Delbert McKlinton
Warren Zevon
Matt Guitar Murphy
Blind Boys of Alabama
Albert King
Stevie Ray Vaughn
The Vines
Wolfmother
The Burning Brides
KD Lang
Michelle Shocked
Janis Joplin
The Holies
The Flying Burrito Brothers
Canned Heat
John Lee Hooker
Willie Dixon
Chuck Berry
T Bone walker

Man a lot more...love music!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 3, 2015 07:24

Buck Cherry?

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 3, 2015 07:29

I'll give 5:

Stones
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Jimmy Webb / Glen Campbell
Chili Peppers
U2

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 07:31

Yeah, him and his band are pretty cool. An interesting rock/blues hybrid.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 08:54

I always feel extremely disloyal if I listen to anything but the Stones (or solo Stones stuff). I just love the Stones so much, and (to me) they are the greatest band there ever was or ever will be

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 09:51

Brstonesfan

Well, I consider myself a Stones purist and chose not to listen to other classic rock bands, especially ones like Beatles, LZ, Floyd, Eagles, who many constantly say are so much better than the Stones. I like the Who because Pete has always credited the Stones and not put themdown like Bob Plant, Bono, and others..

Put down? Its just opinion. And basing your (narrowing your) musical journey down so terribly just to be a Stones Purist is, frankly, sad.

Date: July 3, 2015 09:58

Brstonesfan
Naturalust
Brstonesfan

None of those are classic rock bands...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 3, 2015 10:52

Sex Pistols
John Lennon
Chet Baker

2 1 2 0

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 3, 2015 12:05

whitem8
The Beatles
The Who
The Kinks
Dylan
Bowie
The Black Crowes
The Black Keys
Zeppelin
Muddy Waters
Johnny Winters
Skip James
Leon Russell
Joe Cocker
Mott the Hoople
Humble Pie
Yes
Deep Purple
Black Sabbath
Stax (all of it)
Howlin Wolf
Rev Gary Davis
Mississippi John Hurt
Taj Mahal
Buddy Guy
Junior Wells
Little Walter
Slim Harpo
BB King
Luther Alison
Bo Diddly
Dr. John
Fats Domino
Buddy Holy
The Isley Brothers
early Santana
Electric Wizard
Soft Machine
Can
CSNY
Pink Floyd
Buck Cherry
Jonestown Massacre
Beck
My Morning Jacket
Wilco
Blue Note jazz...all of it
Sinatra...most of it
Count Basie
Miles Davis
Police
Clapton pre 80s
Zombies
The Pretty Things
Iggy and the Stooges
Iggy
The Grateful Dead
The Tubes
The Faces
Rod Stewart pre 1975
Robin Trower
The Porcupine Trees
The Jam
The Clash
Brian Stetzer
The Stray Cats
Jerry Lee Lewis
Gene Vincent
Carl Perkins
Elvis
Dean Martin
Rachmaninov
Wager
Stravinsky
Staukhuasen
Ali Akbar Kahn
Ravi Shankar
Lou Reed
The Velvet Underground (sans Nico)
Tom Waits
Chuck E. Weiss (his new album has a great version of Exile on Main Street Blues)
The Band
The Talking Heads
Delbert McKlinton
Warren Zevon
Matt Guitar Murphy
Blind Boys of Alabama
Albert King
Stevie Ray Vaughn
The Vines
Wolfmother
The Burning Brides
KD Lang
Michelle Shocked
Janis Joplin
The Holies
The Flying Burrito Brothers
Canned Heat
John Lee Hooker
Willie Dixon
Chuck Berry
T Bone walker

Man a lot more...love music!

now dude you love music. whitem8. brilliant. nothing there i dont like smiling smiley i love the band. last waltz. forgot about them for a while. cheers smileys with beer

Date: July 3, 2015 14:09

Led Zeppelin
ten years after
Humble Pie
and some of the guns and roses and the doors

Posted by: ash ()
Date: July 3, 2015 14:10

Brstonesfan
Naturalust
Brstonesfan

Brian Wilson loves Connection - he was there when it was recorded and it completely blew his mind so I guess it's ok for you to listen to The Beach Boys but i'd suggest you don't stray past 1971.
Do you listen to any of the many artists who influenced The Stones ? Chuck,Muddy,Howlin' Wolf, Elmore James, The Beatles ( winking smiley ) ...go on cut yerself some slack, there's a world of brilliant music out there - there's no point being faithful to Mick, he'll shag around on you sooner or later.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: July 3, 2015 14:23

Golbin (Italian Soundtracks)
Shinedown
Blackberry Smoke
Aerosmith
Dream Theater

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 3, 2015 14:31

DandelionPowderman
Brstonesfan
Naturalust
Brstonesfan

None of those are classic rock bands...

I assure you dandie those are classic rock bands. In fact, they pretty much define the genre.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 3, 2015 18:34

Can't believe none of the Scandinavians or the Dutch here share my love for symphonic rock...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 3, 2015 18:45

Big Twist and the Mellow Fellows were not mentioned ??? or Harold (TP)
Melvin and the Blue Notes?

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 3, 2015 18:51

keefriffhards
this is a rough idea. it probably changes from week to week. but just now this is the top 5 acts i enjoy listening to the most.
would be interesting to know what artists other iorr members enjoy listening to. thanks..

1st stones

2nd Aerosmith

3rd Guns & Roses ( only with Slash )

4th ErIc clapton

5th the who

Bowie
The who

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: July 3, 2015 20:49

The early Mahahavishnu Orchestra.

Allan Holdsworth.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 3, 2015 22:58

deardoctor
keefriffhards
this is a rough idea. it probably changes from week to week. but just now this is the top 5 acts i enjoy listening to the most.
would be interesting to know what artists other iorr members enjoy listening to. thanks..

1st stones

2nd Aerosmith

3rd Guns & Roses ( only with Slash )

4th ErIc clapton

5th the who

Bowie
The who

hardly anyone mentioned Bowie.

listening today to wild as the wind, ashes, heroes, absolute beginners, life on mars.. love it !!

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 3, 2015 23:12

no one has
traveling wilburies?

i have too many to mention

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 23:13 by CloudCat.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: July 3, 2015 23:16

The Beatles are my favourite band of all time. The Stones second but it's a close run thing.

Date: July 3, 2015 23:24

stones2000
I always feel extremely disloyal if I listen to anything but the Stones (or solo Stones stuff). I just love the Stones so much, and (to me) they are the greatest band there ever was or ever will be

100% correct.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: July 4, 2015 00:23

Stones
Townes Van Zandt
Bowie
EmmyLou Harris
Faces
Jazz (Art Blakey, Coltrane, Parker)

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 4, 2015 11:48

The Black Crowes
EELS

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 4, 2015 11:53

The usual suspects plus
Love
The Byrds
Flamin' Groovies
The Pretty Things
Joni Mitchell
The Clash
Teenage Fanclub
Primal Scream
David Bowie
Patti Smith
Velvet Underground/Lou Reed
The Stooges
MC5
New York Dolls

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: July 4, 2015 13:04

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Beatles
Dire Straits
Led Zeppelin
Bob Marley
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Doors
Faces
Plus many more....

But the band I listen to mostly nowadays (besides Stones) is Rival Sons. Great rocknroll band.... cool smiley

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: July 4, 2015 13:41

Brstonesfan

That's utter bollocks.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home