Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Bigger Bang?
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 2, 2005 03:15

I will never sell the amount of copies celine dion has sold. But I don't like her music for that.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 2, 2005 18:36

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're so young, my son....

I know. But most of the boots I own is from the golden age. And I really love them. But there's stuff from this very late period that I find equally good. Like the DVD Voodoo In Buenos Aires is as good as the DVD Aux Abattoirs in my opinion.

I, for one, see them as a great band that doesn't keep going just to make money.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: August 2, 2005 19:16

"live in the studio" approach of VL over the "studio-stale" B2B!

Couldnt agree more; VL is a classic.

Not surprised about the "review" by Mathijs; he seems to thrive off negative energy and somewhere in his strange mind believes his "talents" are superior to the Stones. Get a life buddy! You arent Keith Richards, just some dork on a forum. I bet Mathijs lives at home with his mommy. Crawl back in your hole and take your "reviews" with you.

Date: August 2, 2005 19:26

Just stop attacking people with a different opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

You like it, he doesn't. Period.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-02 19:27 by BowieStone.

Posted by: bianca ()
Date: August 2, 2005 19:42

My thoughts so far:

Couldnt care less about the artwork or name of album.

Like RJ alot...like BOMH...ONNYA too hard to tell until I hear studio version, and SOL I don't dislike, but not my cup of tea.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: August 2, 2005 20:01

Honestly reading this post by Mathjis makes me wonder why I bother to read this board. Saying the Stones sound too Stonsey, they are done as a recording band after hearing only a few songs from an album that is not released. Its the same old thing, they either sound too much like themselves or they are being trendy. Can't anyone just enjoy new Stones music without making stupid comments. I know its all a matter of opinion but I feel sorry when people have to analize every little thing and write off a whole album as being crap when they have heard 3 songs. Sounds like many people hear wished they called it quits a long time ago.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: August 2, 2005 20:04

jamesBurton : Not surprised about the "review" by Mathijs; he seems to thrive off negative energy and somewhere in his strange mind believes his "talents" are superior to the Stones. Get a life buddy! You arent Keith Richards, just some dork on a forum. I bet Mathijs lives at home with his mommy. Crawl back in your hole and take your "reviews" with you.
BowieStone : Just stop attacking people with a different opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
You like it, he doesn't. Period.

Not really.
For example you don't like Celine Dion - no problem - but are you writing stuff on Dion's board claiming you are a big fan and then adding weeks after weeks
- i don't like her hair
- i don't like her voice
- she can't write a song
- her last show was crap etc etc
If i say : i love my wife then she's too fat, she's a dumb blonde, i can't stand her voice...
I would agree that you advise me to leave my wife.

So i advise to the "negativists" to give up the Stones and this board.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: August 2, 2005 20:09

Wow all I can say is I have never seen such negative people. I know everyone is free to express their opinion but I am still amazed that people on this site like the Stones.

Mathijs, I could have predicted what you were going to write even before the songs were released. If the Stones released Satisfaction in 2004 you'd call it crap or its typical Stones and sounds like this or that.

However I do recall you saying a show from the Licks tour was the greatest thing ever than months later saying they suck live now or are a Vegas act or something along those lines. S o maybe another contradiction is on its way.

Date: August 2, 2005 20:24

Mathijs is a huge stonesfan. He only doesn't like what they are doing now. And some things in their past that he doesn't like.

I also don't like everything they do. SOL & BOMH are very poor songs IMHO. RJ rocks and I think ONNYA will be a great rocker.

This is a board for stonesfans - Past, Present & Future. He is a stonesfan. A critical one - that's good IMO.

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: August 2, 2005 20:31

I'm a little more optimisic than i was before hearing these new songs - they are considerably stronger than those new songs included on Forty Licks.
I've never had expectations that the Stones were going to record some new classics so i'm not as disappointed as some.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: August 2, 2005 23:02

Mathijs Wrote:

> Anyway. Why am I still here? Because they will
> always and forever be the Greatest band in the
> World. With the press conference I was sitting
> behind the computer live online, and I had the
> same nervous feeling as at a live gig. They
> completely surprised me with how they looked, and
> how raw they sounded. Of course I will be the CD
> within 5 minutes when its out. Of course I go see
> them live. I will not go to big stadiums anymore.
> but an arena is o.k. with me. No, I don't think
> they play that well live anymore, but every gig I
> have seen there's always that 5 minutes of magic.
> There's always a moment that they become the
> Greates Band in the World again.
>
> Mathijs

I like this statement; it couldn't be written by anyone but a true Stones fan. There's a lot of whining on his posts, but I want to pay respect to Mathijs: keep it up, mate, it's always interesting to read your posts on the forum!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: August 3, 2005 00:00

Hee people i`m not agree with Mathijs, but i have respect for his statement, and i understand what he means, but to call him names and take this thing personal is wayyyy to far.
Look this is a forum where everybody can make his point of view, it`s also a forum were people can say what they want about THE STONES.
And you can have a discussion with everybody, but let`s have RESPECT for each other!

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home