Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: No, Mick, a couple of slow songs next to eachother in the setlist is NOT a bad thing!
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:19

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
I feel the same way

Keith has created so much inside the Stones Universe that it would be nice to hear 3 or 4 songs...I and many others would love it. I also feel that if Keith wanted to do that many songs Mick probably wouldn't have an issue with it.

No Less

Why doesn't Mick just watch the rolling stones perform?

If he buys a ticket he's in...no free ride

Re: No, Mick, a couple of slow songs next to eachother in the setlist is NOT a bad thing!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 2, 2015 16:52

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
I feel the same way

Keith has created so much inside the Stones Universe that it would be nice to hear 3 or 4 songs...I and many others would love it. I also feel that if Keith wanted to do that many songs Mick probably wouldn't have an issue with it.

No Less

Why doesn't Mick just watch the rolling stones perform?

If he buys a ticket he's in...no free ride

I think he'd be up for that as long as he got a back stage pass so he could hang out with the guys.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 2, 2015 18:46

the beer lines would get very very long !

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 2, 2015 20:06

Feel on baby,sister morphine,down in the hole,love is strong,sleep tonight...,too rude,rough justice...

I could mention about 300 others, slow or not so slow

One love

Jeroen

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 18, 2015 20:04

mickschix
The only Keith tune worth hearing/seeing is " You Got The Silver" AND if he did " Can't Be Seen"...short of that, it is potty break time!! YAWN!!!!!!!!!

You rate 'Can't Be Seen' second only to 'You Got The Silver'?

I'd rate 'Can't Be Seen' as the weakest Richards vocal in the Stones catalogue and the one I'd deem least worth hearing.

Olly.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 18, 2015 22:05

Depends on what songs. I saw them first live in 1990 and they did Ruby Tuesday, Angie and Almost Hear You Sigh in a row. Being no great fan of these three songs, I was so bored I almost fell asleep.

But if they would play Memory Motel, Let It Loose and Shine A Light I would be delighted and would probably swoon. (If they would do Streets Of Love, Blinded By Love and Sweethearts Together I would leave the show and call my lawyer to make him get my money back.)

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 18, 2015 22:10

Two slow songs in a row has been a sweet spot in the set list on their tours. you gotta move and prodigal son. Sweet Virginia and LIV. Far Away eyes and LIV.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: July 19, 2015 00:22

On Nov 10 1969, back when The Stones didn't give a shit about what the "majority" might want to hear, they played, in order:

Prodigal Son
You Gotta Move
Love in Vain
I'm Free
Under My Thumb

This quintet of slow to mid-tempo songs was preceded not by a rocker but by Stray Cat Blues. So, six songs in a row which didn't "rock out," by any beats-per-minute measurement.

But this was WAY back in the hazy mists of time, when the band had the courage of its convictions and was certain of the quality of their material.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 19, 2015 15:37

LongBeachArena72
On Nov 10 1969, back when The Stones didn't give a shit about what the "majority" might want to hear, they played, in order:

Prodigal Son
You Gotta Move
Love in Vain
I'm Free
Under My Thumb

This quintet of slow to mid-tempo songs was preceded not by a rocker but by Stray Cat Blues. So, six songs in a row which didn't "rock out," by any beats-per-minute measurement.

But this was WAY back in the hazy mists of time, when the band had the courage of its convictions and was certain of the quality of their material.

It seems strange to me that the Stones don't include more slower songs.

Obviously I'd expect the majority of songs to be fast-paced, especially the first couple of numbers, but given the increasing age of the majority of the audience and the fact that even fans on the pitch in stadiums seem to be encouraged to sit, a section featuring slower songs would have made sense.

I also think the fact that, with the exception of San Diego, Richards performed two faster songs influences the overall feel of the setlist. A slow song to start Richards' set gives a welcome change of pace.

Olly.

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: July 23, 2015 10:32

In 1995 in MunicĀ“s Olympia Stadium they played Beast Of Burden, Angie and Shine A Light in a row and 70.000 people liked it.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 23, 2015 14:40

I think we need to separate "slow" and "ballad". Slow songs work; back to back ballads are show killers. I'm so glad I didn't get the WH/MM combo some cities were exposed to. Thankfully I've never seen WH in 6 shows. I went into MM with an open mind, and yawned. At least you can clap, or stomp your foot to YGM.......what the hell do you do during MM/WH?!? Cross your arms and watch the air leave the stadium. I think MJ has got this all wrong. Stadium shows feed off the energy of 40,000+ people. Blank stares aren't from obscure songs; Blank stares happen when you kill the tempo and interaction. When people start sitting down in a stadium, that's when your in trouble....

By the way, Prodigal Son a "slow" song??? Don't confuse "Acoustic" with "Slow."

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home