Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones in Billboard Mag "Gross $360 million since 2012
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:11

Brstonesfan
RipThisBone
Buying a ticket to see U2? Me not. They don't swing (poop drummer) and Lousy guitarist that Edge. Boring...zzzzzz. Could not even play a proper Gimme Shelter RIFF at MSG when MICK JAGGER joined a few years back. They had to put on an overdub guitar on the official release.>grinning smiley<

100% correct.

As it continues with the people that don't get it...

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:25

Exactly. If you don't like U2, great, but the clueless shots at their ability/talent are laughable and ignorant. Let me know when you've won 22 Grammys. They've crafted songs every bit as timeless and classic as the Stones.

They are also still making great music (new album is damn good), and have always delivered live.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 29, 2015 19:41

I saw U2 in Denver earlier this month because I couldn't make it to Arlington. I thought it was a very good show - that massive screen is cool, and I love B-Stage sets. The other advantage is that it is a LOT cheaper to get a good ticket to see U2 than the Stones.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:24

drbryant
I saw U2 in Denver earlier this month because I couldn't make it to Arlington. I thought it was a very good show - that massive screen is cool, and I love B-Stage sets. The other advantage is that it is a LOT cheaper to get a good ticket to see U2 than the Stones.

In fact I think 'cheaper' might be the single best way to describe it.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:49

They are not remotely close to the Stones in any fashion and their Grammy's are meaningless. I do not know one of my friends who likes the Stones who also like U2. Totally different sound and U2 is highly overrated.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 2, 2015 22:08

And what about the net profits for the core band? These are more interesting than "total grosses".

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 2, 2015 23:42

U2 is far too polished compared to the stones. U2 always has the synthesizer gloss mixed way down low to give it a polish. Coldplay glosses their shit too. fortunately, the stones don't polish for the most part.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:30

Bashlets
U2 is far too polished compared to the stones. U2 always has the synthesizer gloss mixed way down low to give it a polish. Coldplay glosses their shit too. fortunately, the stones don't polish for the most part.

Backing vocalists, keyboards, the horn section, the choir and french horn on YCAGWYW - the Stones don't polish their live sound? Uuuuuuhm - should I blame it on bad acid the last time I saw them live? Was it really just the four of the core band and DJ on bass?

Date: July 3, 2015 00:55

Brstonesfan
They are not remotely close to the Stones in any fashion and their Grammy's are meaningless. I do not know one of my friends who likes the Stones who also like U2. Totally different sound and U2 is highly overrated.

Well, we're obviously not friends...

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 3, 2015 01:11

Brstonesfan
Unfortunately, we will lose to U2 again. Remember ABB grossed over 550 million, but sadly, the "Claw" destroyed our gross with over 780 million...U2, a horrible group by any objective standards, seems to resonate with the clueless masses out there today...

"We"?

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 4, 2015 06:13

Yes "we" Stones fans. We at least had the #1 grossing tour of all time until U2 de-clawed us. We do not have the album sales of other classic rock bands, but we had #1 all time gross, and now that is gone as well...

Date: July 4, 2015 15:13

Brstonesfan
Yes "we" Stones fans. We at least had the #1 grossing tour of all time until U2 de-clawed us. We do not have the album sales of other classic rock bands, but we had #1 all time gross, and now that is gone as well...

ah well no trophies...we'll have to assuage ourselves with the fact that at least we have the music after all is said and done.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home