Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: 'Done up in lace, done up in rubber': your favourite outfits worn by the Stones
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 26, 2015 06:44

ROCKMAN

Re: 'Done up in lace, done up in rubber': your favourite outfits worn by the Stones
Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 26, 2015 06:48

Pic # 14) Keith pic by Robert Altman, LA, 1968. Just look at Keith's whole look here-super cool.

Date: June 26, 2015 06:51

Pic # 15) Mick, 1973, Vienna, Austria by Anwar Hussein. I love his casual clothes look.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 07:01 by tauk.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 26, 2015 07:03

Rockman

the lighting in this photo really accentuates his...chest.

Date: June 26, 2015 07:09

Pic# 16) Keith in wonderful textured shirt with wrap around scarf is stealing the scene from who-know-who-the-usual-scene-stealer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 07:12 by tauk.

Date: June 26, 2015 07:21

Pic # 17) Keith Richards, Musician, Fashion Icon, Male Model.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 07:23 by tauk.

Date: June 26, 2015 07:27

SomeTorontoGirl said:
"Low point - Mick's knee pads."

I SO agree-I wince whenever I happen to see that type of outfit on him..I really don't like that period of MJ'S outfits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 10:42 by tauk.

Date: June 26, 2015 07:30

mighty stork

Good outfit, good pic-I've never seen this one before.

Date: June 26, 2015 07:34

Naturalust
Can't really beat rock star wardrobe Keith had in the 70's. He made just about anything look cool. Perhaps it was the Anita factor.

But gone are the days of crocodile skin boots and otherwise fancy footwear. These days it's more just about the color of the sneakers they will be wearing, cause they're all wearing them.

Naturalust-yes, it's kinda sad not having the same fashion sense these days....Keith's looks were so consistently cool & fashion-forward. I kind of wonder if he & Anita had to design & custom make some of his stuff because it didn't even exist yet. Perhaps I'll know more when I ever get around to reading up more on them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 07:47 by tauk.

Date: June 26, 2015 07:43

self-delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 08:01 by tauk.

Date: June 26, 2015 07:57

brokecollegestudent
tauk
latebloomer
I think of the striking contrast of Keith's dark hair with his bright red jacket, Mick looking positively feline in his white sparkly jumpsuit, and Charlie so incongrously perfect in that Cuban shirt. No band looked more beautiful on stage than The Rolling Stones.

to latebloomer: Truer words have never been spoken.

Agreed^

I love every outfit I've seen them wear live at the two shows I have attended so far this summer.. As for the past, any outfit where Mick is shirtless or wearing a barely-there top winking smiley But in all seriousness, one of my favorite outfits of his would have to be the all black number with the red scarf & quarter-sleeved shirt with his astrology sign, Leo, on the front worn during 1969. And quite frankly, Keith looks bad ass in whatever he wears/has worn.

More recently, I really liked the shirts I saw Ronnie wear in Pittsburgh (a few of the same in different colors), obviously Charlie's socks, and Mick's Hats!

Additionally, I've been loving Lisa's outfits as well... she really sparkles.

To brokecollegestudent- "Charlie's socks"?? Do tell..? wow, you must be very observant & have better eyesight than most people--unless there was something that really stood out about Charlie's socks at the shows you've been to ! Ha! LOL.

I really like the 1969 zodiac outfit too, probably is my favorite. The pants & top were navy blue. Mick in that outfit made the cover of Newsweek, see below.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 10:47 by tauk.

Date: June 26, 2015 08:11

self-delete self-censure---
3 hours ago at around 10:10 pm I wrote a remark in response to that black & white onstage Mick pic posted & re-posted above on this page 2. My remark was veiled but a just a little too racy for my usual taste, and also, just not the real me. It happens to almost everyone, sometimes, and on the internet esp. it seems easy.

3 hours later now (1:30 am approx) I've thought about it and decided to erase it because I didn't feel comfortable about my little joke. Because I've always said I don't think I or anyone should say anything re. a Stone that they wouldn't say directly to the Stone(s). And I would never have said that directly to MJ.

Thanks for your patience with me.
I know I really need to start getting out more.:

So anyway, hurray for the EDIT button. (RESPECT & LUV TO YOU MICKEY XXXXXXOOOOOO"s IN CASE YOU'RE READING THIS.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 12:00 by tauk.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 08:35

Mick said L'Wren was inspired by Gustav Klimt paintings, that also inspired her commercial fashion line of that year.

Date: June 26, 2015 08:46

I like that jacket...and it goes well with the skinny black pants & black top

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 26, 2015 10:16

- 1971 by Dominique Tarle

Date: June 26, 2015 10:56

Pic # 18)"Keef Keef! Watch out, you're walking on the hems of your jeans"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 11:18 by tauk.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 26, 2015 14:45

Would look ridiculous on anybody else. Boring even. but theres one man who could wear just about anything in the 70s. And that is one Mr Richards. Edit: also note the amp. I would probably give my left kidney for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 14:47 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: June 26, 2015 14:50

Again. Anybody else would look just like anybody else. But not Keith. No, he looks like something else. And he is somebody else. It helps to know he was a master of the guitar in 1977.

Date: June 26, 2015 14:53

Flashy? Well, no shirt. But other than that. A jacket, green sneakers, jeans. Wrangler? Could look boring on somebody else. Not on Keith.

Date: June 26, 2015 14:54

Date: June 26, 2015 14:57

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 26, 2015 15:00

Redhotcarpet

Flashy? Well, no shirt. But other than that. A jacket, green sneakers, jeans. Wrangler? Could look boring on somebody else. Not on Keith.

Anyone know the model, or style, of Keith's sneakers?

Date: June 26, 2015 15:02

Thats what Id like to know. Looks like Adidas but other than that...

Date: June 26, 2015 15:07

Date: June 26, 2015 15:12

Date: June 27, 2015 03:15

Redhotcarpet

So perfect, omg i think i'm beginning to get a crush on keith in addition to my usual Object Of Affection, MJ.

Date: June 27, 2015 04:41

tauk
Pic # 15) Mick, 1973, Vienna, Austria by Anwar Hussein. I love his casual clothes look.

That is a great outfit.

Date: June 27, 2015 04:52

to brokecollegestudent: Thanks. There's several different photos of M in that outfit from that same photo shoot. It's such a conservative/normal look for M compared to what we usually see of him,isn't it? Variety is important...

And the more I'm really looking at Keith's style I am so impressed!

This whole foray into the RS which I began in earnest about 7 months ago, is a never ending Bonanza of Beauty!

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 27, 2015 04:54

I don't have a picture or anything but I do have something I love that Keith wears every time: His Nike shoes and one of his bandanas!

-RS

Date: June 27, 2015 04:57

to brokecollegestudent: Wait a minute before you go, please tell me about Charlie's socks-I'm in suspense.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home