Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wish List In your Dreams
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 29, 2005 04:45

The wish list from the RS website is just bullshit . They are going to play whatever they want to know matter what you say or think . Just another gimmick to get more pub for the same show they have been doing for years . And to answer some smart ass from another post . Yes I have seen this band many times. But they just aren't worth it to me anymore. I will just be content to listen to the Cds and not bother getting ripped for $450 a pop to hear them play the same shit that I have heard a dozen times. One more observation . I was watching the Club show from Four Flicks and all I saw was guys in the crowd. What gives with that. IS this just a band with a bunch of guys with penis envey ? Very strange.

Re: Wish List In your Dreams
Date: July 29, 2005 05:19

I would have replied to this post earlier but,I was too busy banging your mom in the a*s.One very good reason the Rolling Stones have many male fans is because of their lyrics and style of music.Look,as I have posted a couple of times before,each tour is different.Look at how many different songs they have performed live.These are facts and can't be argued with.Yes there are like 7 songs they play at almost every concert but this accounts for less than half of the set.Maybe you've had bad luck.The Stones feel obligated to do this because of the reactions of large crowds consisting of many first timers.Each tour they play songs rarely played before,a couple of new cover versions,new songs,& they always bring out a couple of songs they have never played live before.They don't want to repeat set lists from previous tours.They are not stupid.You,sir,however are pretty damn stupid. People who don't have a penis get penis envy.No wonder why you can't earn enough money to afford $450."You can keep the money,pal."

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: July 29, 2005 06:05

lapetomane-u r not a real fan. u complain about prices and use that as an excuse to not go. u can get cheap tickets and at least experience the show without being up front. a real fan just wants to hear and be a part of the show. their stages and entourage cost alot and they would never tour without there being a profit. so stay home fairweather fan and enjoy ur solitude.

p.s. i enjoy most of the songs they play every tour and if u don't u should listen to britney spears and christina u fool!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 29, 2005 06:34

they should play more songs they never played before ,,hell theres more 3 yr. olds than 15 yr. olds in the audience anymore...

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 29, 2005 07:05

First, what does it mean for the RS - or any band - to "play the songs the fans want"? You and I likely have different setlist preferances, and surely they are different from 75% of the audience who want the hits. I recall a longtime (saw them in '65) so-called critic for the Boston Globe complaining the '94 show was 'slowed down' (funny I recall this - it annoyed me) by too many unfamiliar songs. Dinosaur Jr, the 'alt rock' band, are just doing numbers from thier first 3 (most famous) albums this year on their reunion tour. Nothing new. Pixies and other bands way younger than the RS frequently do something similar. Ever see the Ramones? (RIP) Or reunited Sex Pistols?
Second, as they have toured with greater frequency in the past decade (since '94 this is their fifth US tour)they have, as Thief notes, played new and/or rarely/never heard songs and covers (just since the Stripped tour an amazing array of numbers have been done, including ones I'd never have expected like 'You Got the Silver', 'Moonlight Mile', 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking', 'Some Girls', 'Thru & Thru', 'Love Train', 'Dance', etc, etc)
Third, I didn't pay 450$ for my seat - couldn't afford it, so I went for the $165 or whatever the 2nd price is. Most fans agree the high prices are self-defeating, keep away younger/poorer fans, and that is a worthy criticism imo
Fourth, of course they will play what they want & is fun for them, and what they believe works w/ audiences - a 'balance' of big hits, fazed cookies, & newer stuff - and we may quibble about the specifics. I never need to hear 'Honky Tonk' live again. Someone else may hate 'Thru & Thru', a highlight of the last tour for me. I don't know what the rs.com send-us-your-setlist is really about, tho my guess is the RS are interested in what songs fans want, even if it does not have much effect on the final setlists. Maybe they'll get a report from underlings, like politicians do with polls/contacts from voters.
Finally, I go because they have helped shape my life and values, and because they have given me a great deal of joy over the past 34 years since I bought my first Stones album, and they seem to work hard and play hard, and clearly want to maintain their legacy - that drive (besides the money) intrigues me. Yes, they can drive me up the f**king wall, w/stupid mortage ads, they can frustrate & sadden me when addictions which interfere with priorities, I can contort myself into a pretzel trying to decide what I think of every new album. But in the end, they are master musicians, cultural icons, living history, and I have had some of the greatest times of my life at the dozen or so shows I've attended since 1975, not to mention rock & roll's most extraordinary catalog.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 29, 2005 08:03

Lapetomane wrote: "...To hear them play the same shit that I have heard a dozen times."

"Shit" JJF, HTW or Gimme Shelter ??.

No, you are not an old stinking fart. You are simply an unsaccesful sham. Hey, hypocrite, try again. Change some of your words and then - perhaps- a bunch of naives will believe that you are a fan of the Stones.

I'm so satisfied seeing that the people who hate the Stones cannot hide their fury before every tour!

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: July 29, 2005 09:41

"The wish list from the RS website is just bullshit . They are going to play whatever they want to know matter what you say or think ."

That's a valid point.
As for the rest of the post I don't see why or more to the point how anyone could disagree.
They're great but charge more than any act in the world is worth - and yes it's all subjective.

As for Theif in the Night's rather eloquent comment of....

"I would have replied to this post earlier but,I was too busy banging your mom in the a*s".

I would love to see people like you say this to the faces of people that you spit these ridiculous comments at.
Of course you wouldn't because you are a super cyber hero hiding behind a keyboard.

And believe me my dear pusilanimous little chap that dares to call others stupid, it is you that has done nothing but display stupidity at its finest with your Forrest Gump type response.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Date: July 29, 2005 23:36

How does that response have anything to do with Forrest Gump,buddy?Is that a line that he used?I don't think so.Do you seriously believe that a band does not want to know what people who buy their tickets want them to play?That sounds 50 times more stupid than anything I've posted.They won't play a dream set list verbatim but,they will take them into account.Can't You Hear Me Knocking was the fan choice in '02 and hey,they did it.I'm not trying to be eloquent over here.I'm trying to express the way I feel about some of these ridiculous posts that contradict concrete facts.Can you comprehend economics,inflation and the fact that these prices wouldn't be charged if there wasn't a market for $450 tickets?Yes it would be great if these tickets were more inexpensive but,that's life.One positive about expensive tickets is that the prices keep most of the trash out.It's kind of like a dress code at an upscale club although,I don't believe that was the intention.Hiding?My address is 60 Georgia Avenue / North Kingstown,Rhode Island 02852 U.S.Maybe you would like to repeat some of this to my face?Bitch.

Date: July 30, 2005 00:55

U R right theif ,,in 02 they did CYHMK for the fans who were askin for it before the tour started,,,hey,, so maybe they will do alot of the fan requests,,,i sure as hell hope so ,,, ILL TAKE SWAY & LADY JANE.....

Date: July 30, 2005 01:35

No wonder theif in the night says ignorant things like the vulgar comment about My mother . Being from Rhode Island and putting your trailor address on the internet says it all . I think the only one who got my point is Monkey Man . I am and have been a huge fan of this band since I saw them in 72 for the first time . As for saying I am tired of hearing the same old shit that was misunderstood or maybe in my case misstated. But my whole point is that I am extremly disappointed in the Stones these days. As it ihas been stated many times on this site how much money is enough for them . I mean they toured a few times with limited new material. And lets face it They just can't play like they used to and the prices they want for the privledge to see them in my opinion is just not worth it. IT just seems to me that they will pull any stunt to try and get more money out of there FANS. If they really cared about the fans they wouldn't charge you $100 extra just to buy $450 tickets early. OR charge $650 for field seats at Giants stadium. And so on and so on. There are a hundred stories on here about how they feel about the prices. Now as to the title of my subject I just think it is another ploy on there part to somehow part you with a few bucks. I bet you can't vote on what your Dream set should be without being a member . That will cost you $100. SO if I have stirred the pot up a little well that is what a forum is for. And there is no need to be rude if you disagree .

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 30, 2005 02:30

So what, isn't it fun to put some songs together...
Dont Stop
Rough Justice
Saint of Me
Worried About You
Can't Always Get What You Want
That's How Strong My Love Is
Wild Horses
Dead Flowers
If You Can't Rock Me
Oh No Not You Again
Slippin Away
You Got the Silver
Sympathy for the Devil
Can You Hear Me Knocking
Stray Cat Blues
Miss You
New Song from New Album
Cherry Red
Out of Control
Gimme Shelter
Jumping Jack Flash

Date: July 30, 2005 03:20

lapetomane,,express yourself,, its cool here,,but im goin to @ least 3 shows ,,,i cant F%CKIN WAIT...

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 30, 2005 03:44

Lapetomane says "They just can't play like they used to and the prices they want for the privledge to see them in my opinion is just not worth it."

I say: Fortunately now they are not only the greatest rock band but also the wiser rock band! I appreciate their well - balanced play. To be honest, i enjoy Forty Flicks much more than the arena show of the LSTNT video. So don't tell us what it is worth or not. That's a personal choice.

Posted by: murphysc ()
Date: July 30, 2005 04:05

long time Stones fan - first time forum guest. Dream Set - here it goes:

1. Under My Thumb
2. Start Me Up
3. Get Off My Cloud
--Just Mick, Keith, Ronnie & Charlie on stage!

4. Rough Justice
5. Oh No Not You Again
--Bring the rest of the band out on stage.

6. Slow: Sweet Virgina, Waiting On A Friend or like Sister Morphine
7. Let It Bleed / Dead Flowers

8. Its Only Rock N Roll - Original version
9. Midnight Rambler
10. Gimme Shelter
--Intros --

11. New Keith Ballad
12. Before They Make Me Run / You Dont Have To Mean It

13. Sympathy
14. Cant You Hear Me Knocking
15. Bitch / Rocks Off / Rip This Joint
16. Honky Tonk Woman
17. Jumping Jack FLash

B Stage
18. Wild Horses / Angie
19. Time Is On My Side
20. Street Fighting Man

Back To Real Stage
21. Brown Sugar
22. 19th Nervous Breakdown / The Last Time

Encore

23. Paint It Black
24. Satisfaction

For the $ being shelled out - they should play no less than 22 songs per show.

Date: July 30, 2005 08:36

Hey,I do not live in a trailor.Rhode Island is a great place in the spring,summer,and fall.It inspired the Led Zeppelin song "Down By The Seaside".It is also where Richards found his weather stick that he carries around.I don't think anybody associated with the Rolling Stones believes people will pay $100 to submit a dream set list if they wouldn't join for the chance to get good tickets before the brokers got their hands on them.

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: July 30, 2005 08:57

I dream because I can ,now a wish list what a loaded question after reading the Big Bang theory and havin accessibility previous tours setlist my conclusion is plausible a chunk of warhorse tunes keith's set plus a few new songs which leave for a few more jewels into the mix so com'n people focus be logical you bet your ass the stones themselves are log in too, and lastly will we be the soul survivors after A BIGGER BANG ?

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: July 30, 2005 09:28

Theif Man i freaking love you man. I dont have the energy to show how i agree with you. But I just loved how you were called out and responded right back. Your great, and this is why I love the true Stones fans. God Bless ya theif. All you other yackers dont criticize the man after he answered your questions. If you like them back in 72 good for you brother and I'm sorry you can't see how things do change. You have to adjust. Take care.

~~TOM

Date: July 31, 2005 21:21

Theif you are so full of shit. You back woods country ass shithead. There are a helluva lot more important things in this world then a Led Zeppelin song and a stick that Keith Richards found . Or so you say. So you can keep your trailor trash country ass up in Rhode Island . No one cares about Rhode Island. It and you could fall in the ocean and no one would even notice. Must have been a tough decision for you this year. Spend six months rent on your trailor or go see threee concerts. Oh well. Guess it will be a long winter for you .

Date: August 1, 2005 05:53

lapetomane u r insane. why are u 100 % negative 100% of the time. all u do is attack the band and attack anyone who responds to u. i understand u will now call me out and cuss at me and call me a backward ass country ass or something. all i know is -----I'M SEEING THE STONES AT LEAST TWICE U KNUCKLEHEAD WHILE U SIT HOME DRINKING COCOA!have fun in ur misery u pathetic negative dork.

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: August 1, 2005 08:58

hahahaha.

Amazing. What age are you? Real tough. hahahaha.

Giving an address somehow proves you're a tough guy huh?
I notice you hide your email also.

I'm in Australia you backward phuk so getting to RI just to visit you might be what I might consider the biggest waste of time the world has known since your parents began trying for you.

And as for "Maybe you would like to repeat some of this to my face?"...
why would I want to repeat to you the points (I use the term loosely) you're making to me?

hahahaha.

Idiot.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-01 09:04 by monkey man.

Date: August 2, 2005 04:54

Well JJflash since you asked for it here it here it is you dumb shithead. You can go and waste all the money you want . Maybe a better thing for you to do is to give you money to someone who REALLY needs it. How about spending some of that money to feed some people. Instead of giving it to a band that doesn't give two shits about you . And please don't be so dumb as to think that these guys care about you . They don't . I will give you an example on how I came to that conclusion . I was at a show in D.C . 5th row center. Couldn't get any better right ? The crouwd was loud. The band was cooking. And there was Mick Jagger jumping up and down yelling @#$%& You to the crowd. Without his mike of course.
Taught me real quick how he really feels about his fans. And to answer your post. I am not miserable at all. I will have a great evening not see the band when them come to my town. Not that big a deal .

Date: August 2, 2005 06:43

why even bother to go to this website with nothing but negative bitter stories to tell. What did u want, Mick to blow u kisses? I've been up front for 12-15 shows and never seen Mick swear at his loyal fans. Hell, once I was 7th row center and I pointed at him and he looked at me and pointed. So I guess it's like I got that kiss u were searching for. Sorry !

Date: August 5, 2005 21:38

?

Date: August 5, 2005 21:56

LAPE U CAN DISH IT, BUT U CAN'T TAKE IT!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1437
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home