Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: More Boxscores from Billboard
Posted by: keefed ()
Date: July 10, 2015 03:23

lem motlow
these figures look a little off- the stadium in dallas is HUGE and the place looked packed.

47000 in that place would've had alot of empty seats and i didnt see any.all shows have some but there it would've been really obvious and it looked full.

to give an example the record for the AT&T is 104,000 for a george strait concert.even though that was in the round if the stones had less than half that it would've looked empty.

i've been to many,many stadium shows over the years and i would guess that crowd as being closer to 65 or 70,000 easily.

Yes, i was there too. Traveling from Europe I checked out the box ofice, and there were only bad seats.
The stadium was packed. Been to Columbus and Atlanta, too, those places were full as well
I think the number in Dallas is closer to 70,000...and Columbus 55,000, Atlanta 45,000...

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 10, 2015 05:08

No...the stage has been moved way forward and rield cut off...largest show will remain Columbus at over 59k,,,,Pitt with 54k...No other venues have or will hit 50k. Nonetheless, the gross is 7-9 million a show!!!!!!!! Less people, less work, more $$$$$-that's called working smart !!!!

Date: July 10, 2015 05:11

lem motlow
by the start of bigger bang in 2002 the stones were 40 years into their career,a place U2 wont be until around 2020 or so.

if bono and the boys do a stadium tour and average 66,000 people a night 5 years from now i'll concede the point.

having said that,i like U2. we're lucky to have a rock band who are that popular in this day and age,selling records and touring.
i haven't seen them live since vertigo but they are a damn good band.

They are not that great a band...unfortunately the young people who grew up with them in the 80's don't know what good music sounds like.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 10, 2015 05:23

Brstonesfan
lem motlow
by the start of bigger bang in 2002 the stones were 40 years into their career,a place U2 wont be until around 2020 or so.

if bono and the boys do a stadium tour and average 66,000 people a night 5 years from now i'll concede the point.

having said that,i like U2. we're lucky to have a rock band who are that popular in this day and age,selling records and touring.

They are not that great a band...unfortunately the young people who grew up with them in the 80's don't know what good music sounds like.

Elegantly put by someone that refuses to acknowledge good music from a band other than the Stones. You're right though, about U2, they're not that great a band - they're fantastically great.

Date: July 10, 2015 06:22

GasLightStreet
Brstonesfan
lem motlow

Elegantly put by someone that refuses to acknowledge good music from a band other than the Stones. You're right though, about U2, they're not that great a band - they're fantastically great.

Stones are fantastically better and Bono is a world class hypocrite.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 10, 2015 06:32

Brstonesfan
GasLightStreet
Brstonesfan
lem motlow

Stones are fantastically better and Bono is a world class hypocrite.

Again...

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: July 29, 2015 01:35

New updates just published -- [www.billboard.com]

So that's pretty much it -- [en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 01:40 by Milan.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: July 29, 2015 05:46

These numbers are interesting and certainly give a good idea of where the Stones fan base is;
That Dallas number is pretty poor when you consider they didn't play anywhere else in Texas; especially when compared to the Indy & Columbus numbers.
I'm thinking that may be the last show they ever play in TX.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 2, 2016 22:36

Info for the first four dates of the new tour:

[www.billboard.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

Impressive... and expected.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-02 22:38 by Milan.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home