Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
anyone remember video rewind
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 24, 2015 17:49

i had this on vhs over 20 years ago and my VCR chewed it up and i have never seen it since. i thought it was funny and it left an impression on me. there is a clip in it of Norman Gunston interviewing them, he is an Australian who winds people up. anyway he says to the band why did you name the album some girls and keith answers '' because we forgot all their f---ing names'' lol its great. it had video's of she's so cold and some others. does anyone still have it or a link anywhere. sorry if this subject has already been posted im new on here.

Re: anyone remember video rewind
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:06

Some of us own it and I bet it's available somewhere to download if you ask in the "buy/sell/trade" section.

Date: June 24, 2015 18:20

with sssoul
Some of us own it and I bet it's available somewhere to download if you ask in the "buy/sell/trade" section.
thanks ssoul

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:32

hi,

a few seconds from norman...
[www.iorr.org]

mick and bill-scenes...
[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 24, 2015 19:02

thomashanck
hi,

[www.iorr.org]

mick and bill-scenes...
[www.youtube.com]

brilliant thanks. the iorr link seems empty. how do you go back and find stuff on iorr like that. would appreciate it if you can explain, cheers thomas

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 24, 2015 19:16

keefriffhards
thomashanck
hi,

[www.iorr.org]

mick and bill-scenes...
[www.youtube.com]

brilliant thanks. the iorr link seems empty. how do you go back and find stuff on iorr like that. would appreciate it if you can explain, cheers thomas

Use the Search function at the top of the page. You can refine your search using the drop down buttons.
[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: June 24, 2015 19:27

Deltics
keefriffhards
thomashanck
hi,

[www.iorr.org]

mick and bill-scenes...
[www.youtube.com]

Use the Search function at the top of the page. You can refine your search using the drop down buttons.
[www.iorr.org]

hi many thanks Deltics thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 24, 2015 19:38

Don't understand why they don't release their promo film/videos from 1971 onward. And I'm equally shocked ABKCO hasn't released their earlier videos in a DVD release.

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 24, 2015 19:45

I have only seen what is on Youtube. I am pretty sure I have never seen the complete show.
I have just seen Mick and BW talking but all of the videos are deleted along with whatever else.

"Keith must have ran off to get another bottle" BW
"That would be Keith" MJ

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 24, 2015 19:48

thomashanck
hi,

[www.iorr.org]

mick and bill-scenes...
[www.youtube.com]

All the videos on the norman thread are invisible now...I must not be worthy. sad smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 24, 2015 20:01

latebloomer
thomashanck
hi,

[www.iorr.org]

mick and bill-scenes...
[www.youtube.com]

All the videos on the norman thread are invisible now...I must not be worthy. sad smiley

Here you got:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 24, 2015 20:07

latebloomer
thomashanck
hi,

[www.iorr.org]

mick and bill-scenes...
[www.youtube.com]

It's not just you. Since the "upgrade" all videos have disappeared!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 24, 2015 20:21

Deltics
latebloomer
thomashanck
hi,

[www.iorr.org]

mick and bill-scenes...
[www.youtube.com]

It's not just you. Since the "upgrade" all videos have disappeared!

ok...it's not just my pc then....

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 24, 2015 20:25

keefriffhards
i had this on vhs over 20 years ago and my VCR chewed it up and i have never seen it since. i thought it was funny and it left an impression on me. there is a clip in it of Norman Gunston interviewing them, he is an Australian who winds people up. anyway he says to the band why did you name the album some girls and keith answers '' because we forgot all their f---ing names'' lol its great. it had video's of she's so cold and some others. does anyone still have it or a link anywhere. sorry if this subject has already been posted im new on here.

There's quite a few on ebay.......... [www.ebay.co.uk]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 24, 2015 20:38

I thought it was brilliant.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 24, 2015 20:46

It's so old that I remember I rented it. I don't think you could buy it back then. I was actually disappointed with it. I guess I wasn't expecting
the cheezy comedy bits and the heavy editing (lots of short clips). By now it's cult classic I guess...

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: June 24, 2015 20:55

Hi,

i can still see the videos behind the links, must be a browser-thing so that you should choose to Show "whole content".

Keith...
[www.youtube.com]

bill and mick...
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:00

Not sure why this wasn't released on DVD. Copyright issues? Either way this was a really good video and while I have the VHS tape, I would buy this pronto if re-released as DVd or Blueray.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: June 24, 2015 23:23

From todays point of view a nice and funny video collection. At least they cared about it filming Mick and Bill presenting the videos.
But I remember having mixed feelings seeing it in 1984 when it was released..
The situation in 1984? Being disappointed with NO Tour after Undercover in 1984. Just getting a disappointing greatest hits "Rewind" collection with no unreleased material (like they did on Sucking..) and a crap cover artwork. No rumours of a tour or a new studio album. Nothing. And then seeing Mick in the video in his jumpsuit like a statue in a museum.. only looking back.. nothing new ..gave me a bad feeling in my stomach that it could be over.
Luckily it wasn`t over but there were hard times in the 80s for Stones fans with mixed emotions..

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 23:25 by electricmud.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 24, 2015 23:30

loved this when it came out. Bill Wyman as a security guard and Mick as a 1973 wax figure that comes to life.

What's not too like? I also rented it...too expensive for me to buy at the time, I think it was over $80...hey, I was a kid!

Plus, I didn't even own a VCR, had to rent that too!

Date: June 24, 2015 23:34

Sucking had unreleased material.

Love Rewind thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:03

CLASSIC ..use ta have Rewind parties...neighbours
and mates would all come over ... we all knew every scene.. every word ...funnyshit

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:18

When I got into the stones in the late 80s it was the only video of them you could buy in the UK. I lapped it up but the video player chewed mine up too. The cuts were frustrating but it was very young in cheek and I liked that. Would love to get another copy for old times sake. We're relatively spoiled right now with the various re-releases available and opening of the vaults. Just need a decent quality cs blues and mocambo and...

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:20

There's a double dvd bootleg release with most of all their promoclips incl. the complete Video Rewind. This release was also copied by the Way of Wizardslabel.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:23

i bought rewind in 1989 around the same time as i bought stones in the park, around this time i was buying a lot of stones records in tape or vinyl form, and was discovering the band along the way.

i found rewind to be quite funny with some great videos and wonder why there hasnt been some sort of dvd in similar mode with all the best promotional videos of thier singles. this would sell well in my opinion.

Date: June 25, 2015 00:23

Stoneage
It's so old that I remember I rented it. I don't think you could buy it back then. I was actually disappointed with it. I guess I wasn't expecting
the cheezy comedy bits and the heavy editing (lots of short clips). By now it's cult classic I guess...

did'nt know it was a classic. think i just liked it because i was about 20 and it was like nothing i'd seen before. thats how i first saw LPTNT video from 81' tour we kept renting it out. in those days you got it for 24 hours and i just watched it over and over. then a week later we'd hire it out again lol. its all over u tube now. love the live in leeds one, really clear and close up.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 25, 2015 05:24

I remember scouring Video Rewind for all of the OTHER stuff they would fast forward through - trying to identify what was actually in there. And then trying to track it down on bootleg video!

J

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 25, 2015 11:15

VR had a great "through the years" Brown Sugar montage that began in the early '70's with Mick climbing through a hoop as the curtain went up.

Mick asking Bill in his best Cockernee to find that bloke Keith hit with his guitar and Bill using a really primitive computer to find "hits with guitar". So bad it was good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 11:22 by Father Ted.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 25, 2015 16:43

I still have my copy, but don't have a current working vcr player

Date: June 25, 2015 16:57

I have a VHS rip on DVD.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2225
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home