Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: stoned drunk or straight?
Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:38

Lipsgogreen
I don't mean any offence but you are all a bunch of amateurs.

Sex, Drugs and The Rolling Stones.

Thanks.

Tim

Amateurs? Hey Pro -You know what a Fear and Loathing car trunk is ?
Thanks

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:53

Great thread! I was affraid of asking this, because I alwawys thought I´m the only here in the iorr-community who likes a little bit of weed and beer before, during and after a gig ... To be honest, that's the reason why I can´t write deep reviews about concerts. I like this easy (!) befuddled perception of the music, the mood, the audience, the venue. It's a bit like beeing in a parallel universe. And so it is I do not care whether Keith/Ron or whoever has his best day or not ... I'll take care, when I hear the music at home ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 19:27 by muenke.

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:57

StonesHood
Lipsgogreen

Thanks.

Tim

Thanks

Not exactly, Please educate me. If its something cool we could try it a the next Stones show. I am up for it.

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: June 24, 2015 19:11

Lipsgogreen
StonesHood
Lipsgogreen

Thanks.

Tim

Thanks

Not exactly, Please educate me. If its something cool we could try it a the next Stones show. I am up for it.

From the book " Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas " by Hunter S. Thompson

" The trunk of the car looked like a mobile police narcotics lab. We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug-collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

Like I stated above in My first reply. I go to all shows since 2009 dead sober. And as someone here also said , a good show can give its own great natural buzz for weeks after.- Atlanta did that to Me on June 9th.

P.S -You should read the book Tim - I think You would enjoy it.
Take care - SH

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 24, 2015 19:38

I've seen the movie and have been meaning to read the book. I will do that between Zip Code and hopefully, South America.

I have done everything on the list except for the ether binge (not sure I am up for that), I think it would leave you with a terrible headache.

Went around for many, many years with a head full of snow. It gave me cocaine eyes.

Thanks, SH for the reference. I now want to go back and watch Keith's interview with HST.

Tim

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 25, 2015 05:34

josepi
Completely straight. I don't drink at all and only smoke weed on my annual trip to Colorado. During the show I don't talk, I don't sing along, I don't flail my arms, I don't wave signs, etc., and just barely bounce up and down. I just focus my eyes intently on the band and focus my ears totally on the sound. You would not like going to a show with me, but I never miss a thing the Stones are doing or playing and I always remember little details that many others never noticed in the first place. For instance, NOBODY seems to have noticed that for Pittsburgh Keith changed the Happy lyric to "when I can F*CK all night long". That's a pretty big change that I don't think he ever did before. And the look on his face when he sang it was priceless.

I am exactly the same at a show. Except I find a few hits off a joint just before they come onstage helps my focus, and also enhances my hearing as only marijuana can do.
I've never understood how drinking can enhance a show. Unless I don't want to pay attention to the band, want to forget everything I see and hear, and generally be distracted.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 25, 2015 05:39

Yes.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home