Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Norman Gunston
Date: February 12, 2012 10:47

I seem to recall seeing a clip of Norman Gunston humorously interviewing (albeit very briefly) the Stones as they were coming off stage! Does anyone else remember it!? I'm sure it was the '78 tour! I remember Jagger jokingly saying something about boxing! I would love to see this clip again! Cheers!

Re: Norman Gunston
Date: February 12, 2012 10:52

I seem to also recall another '78 interview where Norman Gunston ask's them why they called the album 'Some Girls', in which Keith replies, "...cause we don't remember their fcuking names' (or words to that effect)!

Posted by: howled ()
Date: February 12, 2012 10:54

Date: February 12, 2012 11:23

I am aware of this clip! There has to be two other clips out there somewhere.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 12, 2012 11:30

Mick coming off-stage 81 tour chased by Gunston ...end of Rewind video....Great Stuff

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 12, 2012 11:32

Gold Coast Slave Ship
I seem to also recall another '78 interview where Norman Gunston asks them why they called the album Some Girls ...

right, and what the title Let It Bleed was about, and Keith tells him "your face, if you'd been there!" and cracks himself up.
that interview is really famous and everyone loves it but it's practically impossible to track down -
it would be brilliant if someone would post it or point to where we can find the whole thing, but no one ever seems to be able to

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-12 11:32 by with sssoul.

Posted by: django ()
Date: February 12, 2012 12:53

Gold Coast Slave Ship
I seem to also recall another '78 interview where Norman Gunston ask's them why they called the album 'Some Girls', in which Keith replies, "...cause we don't remember their fcuking names' (or words to that effect)!

And he also said something like "I don't have a problem with drugs, I have a problem with the police, man".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-12 12:54 by django.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 12, 2012 18:33

A couple years ago I got all the BEGGAR'S BANQUET back issues and in one issue Bill German summarizes the Gunston piece and says he interviews Charlies Watts. Never seen that bit. I'm dying to see the whole thing!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 12, 2012 19:22

Rockman
Mick coming off-stage 81 tour chased by Gunston ...end of Rewind video....Great Stuff

No thats 1978 actually. Great clip. anyone have the dvd box with Gunstons interview with the band minus Mick? What Id like to see and hear is the whole clip including the comment on Brian. Keith was on fire, like it or not, it's rock n roll.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: February 13, 2012 19:46

Hi,

the first seconds of this clip ...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 13, 2012 21:17

Gold Coast Slave Ship
I seem to recall seeing a clip of Norman Gunston humorously interviewing (albeit very briefly) the Stones as they were coming off stage! Does anyone else remember it!? I'm sure it was the '78 tour! I remember Jagger jokingly saying something about boxing! I would love to see this clip again! Cheers!

Jagger's acting like he's being interviewed after winning a boxing match. His first words were 'you wanna see the f**king state of HIM, mate' and then as Gunston asks him questions he keeps changing the subject 'I thought I had him in the 3rd round....' etc before telling him to 'f***k off' as he almost follows him into the limo.

Pretty much all the clips mentioned here are on Rewind. I think the only one that isn't is the one that was broadcast in the show where Gunsten interviews Mick on his hotel room bed in Memphis ("Do you sleep in this bed with Mr Keith Richards?" )

Title5Take1
A couple years ago I got all the BEGGAR'S BANQUET back issues and in one issue Bill German summarizes the Gunston piece and says he interviews Charlies Watts. Never seen that bit. I'm dying to see the whole thing!

I think that clip is on 'Rewind' as well. Charlie is talking about his love of sheepdogs!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-13 21:22 by Gazza.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 14, 2012 06:53

"I thought you were GREAT... couple of bum notes"

that is so funny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 06:54 by hbwriter.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 14, 2012 07:13

>that interview is really famous and everyone loves it but it's practically impossible to track down -

It's on REWIND, not that hard to track down really. A dvd release of REWIND would be nice.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 14, 2012 11:25

Glam Descendant
It's on REWIND, not that hard to track down really. A dvd release of REWIND would be nice.

the entire interview isn't on Rewind - at least not on the copy i have.
at least ... one assumes those are excerpts from an entire interview!
but i guess it's possible that's all there is ...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 14, 2012 12:19

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 25, 2015 05:18

with sssoul
Gold Coast Slave Ship
I seem to also recall another '78 interview where Norman Gunston asks them why they called the album Some Girls ...

right, and what the title Let It Bleed was about, and Keith tells him "your face, if you'd been there!" and cracks himself up.
that interview is really famous and everyone loves it but it's practically impossible to track down -
it would be brilliant if someone would post it or point to where we can find the whole thing, but no one ever seems to be able to

I am amazed that additional footage has not surfaced on YouTube or anywhere for that matter.

BTW the post show material is from Memphis. Gunston was given unprecedented access to the band for this stuff, apparently because The Stones found him hilarious.

I have heard that Gunston actually approached the stage during the show to do a bit with Jagger. Asking him for a comment and Mick telling him to, essentially, f**k off. I haven't checked any audience tapes for any kind of interruption.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 25, 2015 09:22

JMARKO
with sssoul
Gold Coast Slave Ship

I am amazed that additional footage has not surfaced on YouTube or anywhere for that matter.

BTW the post show material is from Memphis. Gunston was given unprecedented access to the band for this stuff, apparently because The Stones found him hilarious.

I have heard that Gunston actually approached the stage during the show to do a bit with Jagger. Asking him for a comment and Mick telling him to, essentially, f**k off. I haven't checked any audience tapes for any kind of interruption.

i wonder if someone filmed that bit where he approached the stage, would of been hilarious. i love the bit where Jagger gets in his limo and Gundston says, Mr Mick Jagger i have loved you ever since you were with the Beatles lol

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: June 25, 2015 11:35

I believe it was during a sound check. I saw it on TV at time. This one is gold:
[youtu.be]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2406
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home