Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

50 years ago...
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 25, 2015 14:20

Exactly this date - 25the of June, 1965 - The Rolling Stones performed for the very first time in my home country, Finland, in Pori Yyteri Midsummer festival. According to some sources - but not confirmed - the band played there for the first time live their latest - just and only in US released - single "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction". According to some story, the song was played in a radio (someone from YLE seemingly had a copy of the single from overseas), the band heard it and thought people be familiar with it, and seemingly decided to play it. The single, however, was released in Finland, like elsewhere in Europe, not until August.

True or not, here is some rare colour footage from that gig (no sound, except the mentioned single as soundtrack):

[www.youtube.com]

The whole gig was filmed by YLE, but unfortunately only a small piece of footage is survived. It is in their archives, only available for Finnish customers. Couldn't find it from youtube.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 14:21 by Doxa.

Re: 50 years ago...
Date: June 25, 2015 14:24

Hmmm... odd... for some reason I couldn't make the clip to work.... so I put the 's' back to the address, etc.. so you can click yourself if you want.

- Doxa

Date: June 25, 2015 14:31

IORR has had an upgrade, Doxa. It will take some time before the video thing will work normally again, said Bjørnulf.

Good to have you back, btw thumbs up

Date: June 25, 2015 14:34

Two days prior to their finnish gig, they visited Norway for the first time:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 25, 2015 14:37

Decades later, Keith Richards still seems to remember the giggrinning smiley.... from 3:20 on...

[www.youtube.com]

- Doxa

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 25, 2015 14:37

Now that's what I call a good comeback, posting a clip from the old days like that.
Almost as good a comeback as the Steel Wheels album was at the time. Thanks for posting
this footage. And yeah, the video problem is annoying. On the other hand, the little
shield on the right top side of the screen makes it easy to spot if a page contains
any videos (for Chrome users that is), so we don't have to scroll through the page.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: June 25, 2015 14:42

DandelionPowderman

Good to have you back, btw thumbs up

Thanks. Well, like I said I will be back for sure. Was just having a little breath... now back on duty..grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 25, 2015 14:59

Doxa
Decades later, Keith Richards still seems to remember the giggrinning smiley.... from 3:20 on...

[www.youtube.com]

- Doxa

Fantastic. I am now going to go back and watch the Keith interview again.
This interview was 88 and Keith was doing Winos and The Stones WERE going to do
SW/UJ.

Back on topic 50 years ago was two years before I was born. I still enjoy everything Stones, no matter what the era. I had never seen that footage before.

Cool!!

The sunshine bores the daylights out of me..MJ

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 25, 2015 15:06

marcovandereijk
Now that's what I call a good comeback, posting a clip from the old days like that.
Almost as good a comeback as the Steel Wheels album was at the time. Thanks for posting
this footage. And yeah, the video problem is annoying. On the other hand, the little
shield on the right top side of the screen makes it easy to spot if a page contains
any videos (for Chrome users that is)
, so we don't have to scroll through the page.

Brilliant! I hadn't spotted that before.
Thanks!
>grinning smiley<

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: June 25, 2015 15:16

The big blank spaces in those posts makes it easy to spot, too smiling smiley

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 25, 2015 15:35

welcome back Doxa! looking forward to more of your erudite analysis.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 25, 2015 15:39

peoplewitheyes
welcome back Doxa! looking forward to more of your erudite analysis.

thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 25, 2015 15:48

Very cool early footage (( In living color))!!
Nice.

Date: June 25, 2015 16:00

Doxa

[www.youtube.com]

- Doxa

From Oslo 1988, right?

I remember Keith, while he was in town, being interviewed prime time on the TV news on NRK, norwegian public broadcasting, sipping Jack Daniels. I reckon he was the first and the last to do so grinning smiley

Date: June 25, 2015 16:38

Yeah, the interview was done in Oslo, promoting TALK IS CHEAP. Heh, I met the Finnish interviewer some years later, and she told me funny stories about that interview. She was staying in the same hotel as Keith, and actually met him occasionally at the hotel bar in the previous night. They got friendly and end up drinking rather heavily, and since it was so informal and fun, she didn't dare to mention that she is going to interview him the next day. "Oh shit, it is you.. hahahaha", was Keith's reaction when they started doing the interview the next morning, both having a hangover (well, you can see that it is not Keith's best day, even though he gets it sorted out...drinking smiley) ... Keith was the most chrismatic and coolest person she had ever met, she told me...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 16:43 by Doxa.

Date: June 25, 2015 16:39

thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home