Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

what happened to my post
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:48

hi i made my first post here yesterday, saying hello and introducing myself, but the post kind of got put somewhere else in a thread about complaints about set list's etc, and then it changed names and got highjacked lol. well i dont understand why. help anyone.

Re: what happened to my post
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:54

This one..................

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:57

Our host BV merged your thread with the one about setlist complaints because the thread had become focused on complaints.
Then I gather some other threads were merged into that thread as well, which is why it seemed to "change names".
BV is really busy (among other things, at the moment he's attending all the shows) and doesn't explain everything he does.
He also doesn't like threads like this one, so please expect it to be merged, deleted or closed soon.

Read the forum policies: [www.iorr.org] , heed them well, and enjoy iorr. It's a great site!

Hope that helped, even though it wasn't cryptic enough to be deemed "cool" :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 23:58 by with sssoul.

Date: June 22, 2015 23:58

NICOS
This one..................

[www.iorr.org]

yeah the name got changed so no one would of seen my introduction saying hi to you guys

Date: June 23, 2015 00:00

yeah cool thanks for explaining. did i do something wrong ? i was just being passionate about the band i love.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:02

Maybe better to be passionate in some of the pre-existing threads for a while, to get the lie of the land?
And it really is good to get acquainted with the policies. Have fun!

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:03

Posts get merged here all the time, it is very common and seems to be done for a wide variety of reasons but I am not sure. If it was me I would not spend another moment thinking about it and just keep on rolling.

Date: June 23, 2015 00:04

cheers guys thanks

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:05

smileys with beer

Date: June 23, 2015 00:11

relms
smileys with beer
yeah cheers relms smileys with beer

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:20

keefriffhards
yeah cool thanks for explaining. did i do something wrong ? i was just being passionate about the band i love.

Yes. IT'S ALL WRONG is a great studio-outtake from 1977-79!

Date: June 23, 2015 00:26

RipThisBone
keefriffhards

Yes. IT'S ALL WRONG is a great studio-outtake from 1977-79!

sounds cryptic lol

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:29

What happened to my WELCOME post

By the way welcome keefriffhards.......I don't know why but your alias sounds so familiar as if you already post and hang out for years on this board

Date: June 23, 2015 00:33

NICOS
What happened to my WELCOME post

By the way welcome keefriffhards.......I don't know why but your alias sounds so familiar as if you already post and hang out for years on this board

hi NICOS no i am not computer savey. i put this name into login about a year ago but did not figure out how to send a post until yesterday lol im a bit thick. someone did have a similar name a while back though but it was not me.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 23, 2015 02:10

Two basic rules of posting:

1. If there is a thread about the very same subject then please use that one. Otherwise someone will report to me and I will merge the "not new" topic into the existing one.

2. Make a subject that is a meaningful subject. Short and like a summary. Not "Hi" og "Read this" or "Hello this is me", because nobody would know what that is without reading the entire post.

General:
There are more than 20,000 registered users (persons posting) on IORR. And 1-2 million persoins reading every year without posting. If each and ev ery of these 20,000 persons posted "Hi I am new on IORR" then it would be a complete chaos. Sure it is great to see any new person coming in here, so rather than posting somethingb generic like "It's me" or "Hi" or "Boring setlist" (that one will be merget into the complaints immediately), why don''t you turn it into something INTERESTING, POSITIVE and CREATIVE... After all, this is a fan site. FAN = Fanatic. A person who LIKES, not dislikes, the Rolling Stones. In case you lack fantasy here are some interesting topics:

- Selling my house to see the Stones in Quebec
- The Nashville show made me sleepless
- Mick Jagger please play Sway
- Keith Richards energy booster mystery
- Anyone here from Chicago?

The last one will be announced on stage by Mick tomorrow in Milwaukee, I am not sure he will get the "Pittsburgh/Philadelphia" reaction, or if Chicao and Milwaukee fans are great friends in sports and all other things in life.

Well I have to go. Like I said, make it unique, but please don't lie to us, honesty always last, while lies come after you. Enjoy IORR...

Bjornulf

Date: June 23, 2015 10:32

bv
Two basic rules of posting:

1. If there is a thread about the very same subject then please use that one. Otherwise someone will report to me and I will merge the "not new" topic into the existing one.

2. Make a subject that is a meaningful subject. Short and like a summary. Not "Hi" og "Read this" or "Hello this is me", because nobody would know what that is without reading the entire post.

General:
There are more than 20,000 registered users (persons posting) on IORR. And 1-2 million persoins reading every year without posting. If each and ev ery of these 20,000 persons posted "Hi I am new on IORR" then it would be a complete chaos. Sure it is great to see any new person coming in here, so rather than posting somethingb generic like "It's me" or "Hi" or "Boring setlist" (that one will be merget into the complaints immediately), why don''t you turn it into something INTERESTING, POSITIVE and CREATIVE... After all, this is a fan site. FAN = Fanatic. A person who LIKES, not dislikes, the Rolling Stones. In case you lack fantasy here are some interesting topics:

- Selling my house to see the Stones in Quebec
- The Nashville show made me sleepless
- Mick Jagger please play Sway
- Keith Richards energy booster mystery
- Anyone here from Chicago?

The last one will be announced on stage by Mick tomorrow in Milwaukee, I am not sure he will get the "Pittsburgh/Philadelphia" reaction, or if Chicao and Milwaukee fans are great friends in sports and all other things in life.

Well I have to go. Like I said, make it unique, but please don't lie to us, honesty always last, while lies come after you. Enjoy IORR...

thanks for the advise BV im finding my way better now lol. its a blast on here. you really have created a great way of sharing thoughts about our fav band. cheers enjoy the rest of the tour, got a feeling its just about to go to an even higher level than any of us thought possible. smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1099
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home