Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rollin' With The Stones
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 28, 2005 18:03

The following article is courtesy of Joe Warmington, entertainment writer for the Toronto Sun (in today's edition, July 28th). Enjoy!:

Talk about getting some Satisfacion.

Oh to be a fly on the wall of that party. A lot of people were wondering why Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones weren't out on the town Tuesday night to celebrate his 62nd birthday. Well, that little fly on the wall tells us the boys brought the party to him at the school at Davisville and Mount Pleasant.

"Let's just say there was some beautiful ladies who brought their own poles to swing on," says an insider. "It was all in good fun."

In other words, it brought a whole meaning to the words 'Start Me Up'. It was all as a surprise to Mick. "It was good, clean fun," said another source. "One of the ladies was a belly dancer."

No wonder the Stones didn't make it to the Silver Dollar as was rumoured. Wild Horses couldn't have dragged them away from that. Apparently the food was exquisite as usual - - salmon, salads and pasta.

Some people, as it turns out, can always get what they want.

----------

You may not be able to party with the Stones but you can with their entourage - - as they will be performing on stage at Stone's Place on Queen West in Parkdale on Saturday night.

"It will be lots of fun," says owner Jerry Stone, a friend of the band for 40 years.

Amongst those getting up will be Stones' back-up musicians and singers Blondie Chaplin and Bernard Fowler - - as well as Keith Richards' guitar tech Pierre and Charlie Watts' drum tech Michael Cormier. And who knows, one of these times some of the Stones just might show up at Jerry's place too - - although he makes no promises. "Hey, they are working getting ready for the big tour," he said.

Incidentally, Jerry has been at some rehearsals and says fans are going to be blown away. "They are back to the old Stones' kick-butt tunes," he said excitedly. "I have never seen Mick have more energy. Wow. He's really got it together and it's going to be an incredible show."

That's great but I'd still like to see that belly dancer.

----------

All kidding aside, those Stones sure have been great with the fans. Actress Kate Todd, who wanted to get the album 'Beggar's Banquet' signed for her dad, tells a great story.

She was standing at the barricade outside the school and yelled for Mick to sign. "He stopped, backed up and started walking down the sidewalk towards me" before signing his only album of the day. It probably had nothing to do with Kate's beauty. Just a coincidence. She later got to meet Ronnie Wood as well - - also a coincidence. What Mick and Ron may not know is Kate is a singer from Innisfil - - and one of the stars of the TV show 'Radio Free Roscoe' who would make a fine back-up singer. Hey, just trying to help out some rich guys. And if she gets the gig, maybe they'll invite me to the next Stones' birthday party.

----------

Re: Rollin' With The Stones
Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 28, 2005 18:34

For her DAD???!!!

Re: Rollin' With The Stones
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 28, 2005 18:45

Yeah, I know.....makes me feel my age! And theirs.....LOL!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home