Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

If you were a journalist !
Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: July 28, 2005 10:33

Hi,
Tough job to be a music journalist, and especially if you have to interview a band like the Rolling Stones which has been on the road for more than 40 years.
We have the feeling to know everything about them.
what kind of questions could be asked ?
uhh..uhh...(journalist embarassed), Mick, what is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning, or in the afternoon maybe when you're on tour ?..
stupid question isn't it ?
or, (journalist more and more embarassed), do you wash your teeth after a show ?
I know Mick it's a stupid question but I'm not gonna ask you again and again : is this your last tour ?? you see I don't want to be fired !!

I mean, it's more and more difficult not be stupid in front of such guys.

Is there a question which has never been asked before ?

tough, tough, tough...

Re: If you were a journalist !
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 28, 2005 10:36

Good point!

Maybe: Is this your last tour?

Date: July 28, 2005 10:36

LOL !!
Harm, you're fired !!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 28, 2005 10:50

Are you financially satisfied NOW? Because you weren't during an interview a few years ago (or many years ago)

Date: July 28, 2005 10:53

oh yeahh good one ! it was asked in 69 I think.
I'd like to hear Mick's answer now...but you knwo, he does not like to talk about money.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 28, 2005 14:23

I think we already know the kind of questions that the lazy-arsed journalists will be asking the stones...

So, what was your inspiration for naming the album....

How does this record compare with Exile?

Will this be your last tour?

How do you write songs?

To which we wioll get the same old pre-prepared answers (in no particular order)...

5 strings, 3 notes, two fingers and one @#$%&...

We don't write songs, its like an antenna - you know, stick your finger in the air and see what's coming...

This album was a real adventure for us. [Replace a bit about recording drums on stairs or amps in fireplace with something about using a homemade broom-handle bass]

And Bob's your uncle, the usual familiar round of magazine articals in Mojo, Q, Uncut and NME.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: July 28, 2005 14:45

If I'm gonna be fired anyway, I'll play the role of an agressive journalist, so I would ask them:

- What are your comments about your hardcore fanbase thinking you should reduce the number of people on stage and throw the metronomes away?

- Why is it so difficult for a financially healthy band like yours to buy your piano player a real piano?

- Why is so difficult for the guitar players in this band not to pose and concentrate in what they do best which is playing?

- Do you think the ticket prices will atract young people to your gigs?

- Will you turn the guitars up so they are dominating your live sound?

- When will you be aware of your legacy and release part of your hidden-in-the-vaults treasure?

- Can I have all the money, pal? And a miserable 0.5%, then?

- Would you mind to introduce your daughters to me, Keef?

- Can I be your tour assistant, then? grinning smiley

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: July 28, 2005 17:31

The first 6 are good questions Bruno .The rest is rather personnal ,is it?
I would add some more.

- Sir ,could you get your lead guitar player to practise his solos?

- When are you going to satisfy you hard core fans supporting you for so many years and play jewels like Jigsaw puzzle,soul survivor ,sway .....?

- who killed the Kennedys?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 28, 2005 17:55

interviews are pointless at this stage. the stones aren't going to divulge anything of interest that we don't already know. and very few journalists are knowledgable enough about the band to ask anything of interest in the first place.

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: July 28, 2005 18:08

I'd always wanted to ask:

'In the studio, when you heard the ready mix for a song like Gimme Shelter, SFTD or JJF, did you ever realise or feel that this is some serious shit that you have just created? Did you feel that this song will last for ages and become an anthem?'
'Or was it just annother song among others?'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home