Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

did Keith use the same bass recording?
Posted by: berlinjive ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:57

Was he a Precision user? Sounds like it to me & obviously there is the Circus performance.

Anywhere anyone talks about having "Keith's bass" when they loaded in for recording? Wonder if there was a single one in the 60's-70's he and Brian-MT would have on hand.

... not sure why it matters but Woody used a P-bass with Rod, makes it a bit more Keith-y.

Anyone?

Re: did Keith use the same bass recording?
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:13

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:26

As with 6-string (or 5-string) guitars, very likely he would have a taste and feel for a variety of models.

Here is in RCA Studios in the mid-60s (c. 1965-1966) with Bill's bass.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 19, 2015 03:41

berlinjive
Was he a Precision user? Sounds like it to me & obviously there is the Circus performance.

Anywhere anyone talks about having "Keith's bass" when they loaded in for recording? Wonder if there was a single one in the 60's-70's he and Brian-MT would have on hand.

... not sure why it matters but Woody used a P-bass with Rod, makes it a bit more Keith-y.

Anyone?

Errr... Bill plays the bass on the R&R Circus songs...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 19, 2015 03:49

HearMeKnockin
berlinjive

Anyone?

He's obviously talking about the supergroup with Lennon, Clapton and Mitch Mitchell.

P-basses are the baddest thing to ever happen to the lower end, I imagine Keith could have figured that out pretty quick.

peace

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 19, 2015 03:51

Naturalust
HearMeKnockin
berlinjive

Anyone?

He's obviously talking about the supergroup with Lennon, Clapton and Mitch Mitchell.

P-basses are the baddest thing to ever happen to the lower end, I imagine Keith could have figured that out pretty quick.

peace

Forgot about The Dirty Mac. I've clearly been trying to forget about Whole Lotta Yoko ever since I heard it...

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: June 19, 2015 08:50

berlinjive

Anyone?

I just got one of those “Ask Keith” FB things the other day & that was my question, something like “In the studio if Bill wasn’t there what Bass would you or Mick Taylor use? One of Bill’s short scale Basses are did you always go for a Fender P Bass” in the Rolling Stones Gear Book there’s a photo of a Red Fender P Bass that is Keith’s & these days he favors a Hofner Senator,

BTW RE: Ron Wood, Judging how happy one of my fellow Bass fanatics was to score a Bass just like Woody used in the Jeff Beck Group, it seems Ron used an early Fender Telecaster Bass,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 08:56 by usetobesampeg.

Posted by: berlinjive ()
Date: June 19, 2015 18:06

wow just google imaged and your right! Ronnie on a Tele bass. I did see one shot of him many years ago in a record shop and he had a P...

Any photos of the red P? God i want to get the RSGB book.

“Ask Keith” FB things" as in Facebook? a one or two pickup model Senator?

thanks for the info people. anymore?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 19, 2015 18:32

usetobesampeg
berlinjive

Anyone?
woods bass was an early version of the Precision before it was redesigned around 1957. a Telecaster Bass is it's reissue in 1968 or so.

I just got one of those “Ask Keith” FB things the other day & that was my question, something like “In the studio if Bill wasn’t there what Bass would you or Mick Taylor use? One of Bill’s short scale Basses are did you always go for a Fender P Bass” in the Rolling Stones Gear Book there’s a photo of a Red Fender P Bass that is Keith’s & these days he favors a Hofner Senator,

BTW RE: Ron Wood, Judging how happy one of my fellow Bass fanatics was to score a Bass just like Woody used in the Jeff Beck Group, it seems Ron used an early Fender Telecaster Bass,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1946
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home