Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Dave Grohl fell off stage, broke his leg, continues concert...
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:20

Foo Fighter Dave Grohl fell of stage after two songs and broke his leg at this evening's concert at Ullevi, Gothenburg. The concert was stopped but after a while Grohl came back
with a plastered leg and continued the concert. Never heard of anything like this before. Have you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 23:30 by Stoneage.

Re: OT: Dave Grohl fell of stage, broke his leg, continues concert...
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:23

That's great !!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:23

Cripes! That's dedication!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:28

One of my favorite moments in music history, starting at :48

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:30

"Never heard of anything like this before. Have you?"

Dave Grohl's former band colleague Josh Homme walked on stage at Rock am Ring in 2001 with a broken leg after a car accident. Don't remember if the accident happened the same day or the day before the gig. During the first song, he sat down on a barstool, but threw it away (4.25).
BTW: The concert is said to be the worst gig Queens of the Stone Age ever did.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Dave Grohl fell off stage, broke his leg, continues concert...
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:31

respect, the guy's a warhorse obviously. what is up with the edges of stages these days?

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:37

Nikkei
respect, the guy's a warhorse obviously. what is up with the edges of stages these days?

Theodore Roosevelt continued his speech for 2 hours 90 minutes after being shot in the chest.

Theodore Roosevelt’s opening line was hardly remarkable for a presidential campaign speech: “Friends, I shall ask you to be as quiet as possible.” His second line, however, was a bombshell.

“I don’t know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot.”

Clearly, Roosevelt had buried the lede. The horrified audience in the Milwaukee Auditorium on October 14, 1912, gasped as the former president unbuttoned his vest to reveal his bloodstained shirt. “It takes more than that to kill a bull moose,” the wounded candidate assured them. He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a bullet-riddled, 50-page speech. Holding up his prepared remarks, which had two big holes blown through each page, Roosevelt continued. “Fortunately I had my manuscript, so you see I was going to make a long speech, and there is a bullet—there is where the bullet went through—and it probably saved me from it going into my heart. The bullet is in me now, so that I cannot make a very long speech, but I will try my best.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 23:41 by tumbled.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:40

Dan

[www.youtube.com]

I'm not sure if I've heard of the Jesus Lizard before this but I know that their vocalist just became one of my favorites!

Someday I'll share the story of when I blacked out mid-song of my band's second set and resumed the set about 10 minutes later. Pretty unnerving to say the least. Much respect to the guy in the video.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:41

Please don't tell me "warhorse" is an actual term to describe veterans? I meant it in an iorr.org sort of sense.

Date: June 12, 2015 23:44

Apparently the concert hasn't finished yet. Here is the news in english:[www.aftonbladet.se]

Date: June 12, 2015 23:50

This photo is only a couple of minutes old. Looks likes Ullevi is pretty much sold out this evening.
Last time I saw the Stones there was back in 1998...

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:50

mr_dja
Dan

[www.youtube.com]

I'm not sure if I've heard of the Jesus Lizard before this but I know that their vocalist just became one of my favorites!

Someday I'll share the story of when I blacked out mid-song of my band's second set and resumed the set about 10 minutes later. Pretty unnerving to say the least. Much respect to the guy in the video.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Jesus Lizard is a true 'heavy' rock band. I love this song, it might not be for everyone, but it does have a kicka$$, killer riff:

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 13, 2015 00:04

If this is genuine, which I'm sure it is, lots of respect to Dave Grohl. smileys with beer

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 13, 2015 00:08

When they say "break a leg" to a performer before a show, it isn't meant to be taken literally.

Being such a manic performer and personality, he probably had lots of endogenous chemicals, like endorphins and adrenalin and the like, to sustain him for the remainder of the show.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 13, 2015 00:11

Lets see how the show goes once those pain killers kick in. Dave does give his all.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 13, 2015 00:13

& maybe the stuff they only give you when you can't dance!winking smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 13, 2015 00:18

What a trooper!
perhaps the regrets come tomorrow. or not.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: June 13, 2015 00:20

It's when sister Morphine comes around!!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 13, 2015 02:07

It's for real

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2015 02:11

"Break a leg" is an idiom in theatre used to wish a performer "good luck" in an ironic way. Well-wishers typically say
"Break a leg" to actors and musicians before they go on stage to perform. The origin of the phrase remains obscure

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 13, 2015 02:22

When you bow, you bend or break at the knee, hence the term "break a leg." It comes from Renaissance times and means to perform so well that you must bow to the audience's applause. At least that's one theory. There are several others, but I like that one the best.

Good for Dave Grohl, I rag on him sometimes because he's like Zelig, always appearing in every setting. But the man has a monster work ethic and you have to respect that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 02:23 by latebloomer.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 13, 2015 02:22

Rockman
"Break a leg" is an idiom in theatre used to wish a performer "good luck" in an ironic way. Well-wishers typically say
"Break a leg" to actors and musicians before they go on stage to perform. The origin of the phrase remains obscure

Better living through chemistry. Not sure I'd want to watch that.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 13, 2015 02:35

Dan

[www.youtube.com]

Wow that is one dedicated performer. Noticed the stage hand sweeping up at 2:57 has a Some Girls T-shirt on!

Dave Grohl: Pretty cool he continued on, much respect. As others have noticed I'm sure the morphine shot helped his motivation to continue on. That break looks painful and would certainly justify a narcotic injection. Probably as close as he's ever going to get to channeling Curt Cobain. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 13, 2015 05:26

this guy is the most over rated musician on the planet IMO. cool with Nirvana, but everything else sucks. i don't get the infatuation with FF. as a songwriter ,vocalist and a guitar player, he is 3rd rate.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2015 05:32

Yep I'm with you Midnight ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 13, 2015 05:35

I agree with midnight toker. overplayed. not that great. not that highly skilled on guitar

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 05:48

Dave's the man. I love Nirvana, but I'm not big on Foo Fighters. Well, I was as a teenager, when the first two albums came out. And I still love those two albums (well actually about 3-4 songs on each one), but I don't really care for anything after that. I liked them with Mick on SNL though, IORR was particularly great. Being a big music buff, Dave is really good at arranging covers, and he made that version sound more like the studio version than any Stones performance. Not that they ever really try to perfectly recreate it.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 13, 2015 05:52

That was enjoyable them with Mick on SNL, IORR.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 13, 2015 06:14

Midnight Toker
this guy is the most over rated musician on the planet IMO. cool with Nirvana, but everything else sucks. i don't get the infatuation with FF. as a songwriter ,vocalist and a guitar player, he is 3rd rate.

3rd rate guitar player, seems about right since he IS NOT the lead guitar player in the foo fighters and never has been. right now there are 2 other guitar players in the band.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 13, 2015 13:54

I wonder if they cancel the upcoming shows or if he performs with a broken leg. There are two sold out Wembley Stadium shows next week.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home