Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Is This It For North America?
Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: June 16, 2015 17:26

Now their priority is South America after the ZipCode tour. The South American tour is set for October-November this year, starting in Chile. Nothing is signed, and nothing will be signed until the end of the North American tour due to an insurance policy. But everything is ready!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 17:27

Mick in a recent interview has said that he's thinking about next Tours...
Ronnie in a recent interview has said that after the death of L'Wren Scott, The most important matter to Mick is the band...
1+1=2

two touring years at least:Europe and North American big cities...Maybe South America if economical situation is cheap with a new "concept" with a massive worldwide UMG advertise for a new studio album...Sure!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 16, 2015 17:31

There wont be a new album...
The guys will be touring, fortuntely, until one of them kicks the bucket.

jeroen

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 17:39

If they'll touring next year in Europe again there will be a new album, surely!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 16, 2015 17:41

Naturalust
treaclefingers
This will be the last time, for these particular markets. I think they'll be back with this new formula as long as are physically able.

Hmmm. Which new formula is that? Shorter sets and shorter tours to bigger audiences? I seriously doubt they will try another stadium tour in the USA in any market. I also doubt they will be happy with smaller venues or longer tours, they are likely going out with the biggest bang they can muster....this tour.

It's hard to look into the crystal ball with these guys but I've got this feeling that one of the reasons Keith is having such a good time is that he knows it's the last blast. Keith and Charlie are the key here and, sadly, I wouldn't bet a dollar that we will see more of them here in the USA.

Of course roller we are all speculating here, it the nature of this thread. If you have information that is more "based in reality" or more complete information, feel free to share it.

peace

My 'basis for reality' is probably no different than your own. Your coming from the glass half empty position. No need to get me to 'justify' my glass half full.

We both have the same info, which is to say, nothing. I will agree with you on one point, this is all just speculation.

BTW, I never said they'd continue doing stadium tours, just the formula of doing a handful of shows over a few months, then break.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 19:42

Hahaha, their priority is where they can make the most money.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 16, 2015 19:46

treaclefingers
My 'basis for reality' is probably no different than your own. Your coming from the glass half empty position. No need to get me to 'justify' my glass half full.

We both have the same info, which is to say, nothing. I will agree with you on one point, this is all just speculation.

BTW, I never said they'd continue doing stadium tours, just the formula of doing a handful of shows over a few months, then break.

My question question about reality was actually directed at roller99 who suggested my post was lacking it and based of conjecture. I was just curious what you thought the "new formula" was, and you've answered that quite well, thank you.

Of course, the only reality is that they are touring this summer and nobody has accurate information about what the future holds. I'm generally optimistic about most things and would be about the Stones future too, but my views are tempered by the age of Charlie and the miles on Keith. It's just hard for me to imagine them getting the ball rolling again after a break.

Surely they will need one after they play South America and possibly Europe again. Knowing that Charlie will be closer to 80 than 70 when, and if they try to start up again, just doesn't make the possibility sound very plausible to me.

One thing I am sure of is that I don't want to see them trying to perform this kind of show when they are at a stage where their skills are more noticeably effected by their age. At times it's hard enough watching Keith's arthritic hands trying to infuse the music with the raw intensity that was once so easy for him. It's one thing for the old blues masters to sit in a chair and belt out their tunes with some sparse accompaniment on guitar but quite another for the Stones to do the same with their set list.

All that being said, to my delight, they are indeed still putting on an exciting and convincing rock show in 2015 and I'm both proud of them and amazed at their ability to pull it off.

peace

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: June 16, 2015 19:50

Seattle or Vancouver - PLEASE.... just one more time !!

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 20:09

umakmehrd

Oh man I sure hope so! I wonder if Victoria would be a realistic possibility? The Save On Foods Memorial Centre can hold about 9,000 for concerts. Is that way too small for a Stones arena show?

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 21:46

stones2000
umakmehrd

Oh man I sure hope so! I wonder if Victoria would be a realistic possibility? The Save On Foods Memorial Centre can hold about 9,000 for concerts. Is that way too small for a Stones arena show?

9,000 doesn't make sense unless you can get $500 AVERAGE ticket price...
which isn't going to happen in PNW...

Honestly, I see one more US pass with NYC, Boston, Philly, Chicago, Toronto, LA & SF - 2 shows in each thats another 14 shows, and that would be it...

Date: June 17, 2015 04:47

stones2000
umakmehrd

are you kidding? I'd have to take the ferry from Tsawwassen then to Saanich...that's 95 minutes I'm never getting back. Plus, you have to deal with the 'Sunshine Breakfast' while killing time on the boat.

I hope I never see the day.

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 17, 2015 09:38

They ought to be touring the east coast next year to promote the new album. Now that would be great. And I should have said: we need a new album. I think I speak for all the fans here when I say that we need new Stones music. Am I right, people? How quickly I forgot about the 'shalt not wanting'... Not that I'm attempting to take the Lord's name in vain.... Anyway, I'm guessing they'll be back in America next year, touring the new album.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 17, 2015 15:33

The Stones will be back, they always come back!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 17, 2015 15:52

treaclefingers
stones2000
umakmehrd

are you kidding? I'd have to take the ferry from Tsawwassen then to Saanich...that's 95 minutes I'm never getting back. Plus, you have to deal with the 'Sunshine Breakfast' while killing time on the boat.

When you finally get the Internet in Canada you can probably find a faster alternate route...I don't know, maybe.

Date: June 17, 2015 16:12

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
stones2000
umakmehrd

When you finally get the Internet in Canada you can probably find a faster alternate route...I don't know, maybe.

Yeah, this writing out my IORR replies on the back of a napkin, and mailing it to my cousin in Seattle to post for me is getting old!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 17, 2015 16:34

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
stones2000
umakmehrd

Yeah, this writing out my IORR replies on the back of a napkin, and mailing it to my cousin in Seattle to post for me is getting old!

Damn that's fast...never fails to impress

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 18, 2015 02:02

According to this article, it could be "it" altogether... [www.journaldemontreal.com]

Leur gérant de production, Dale Skjerseth, m’a dit au moins cinq fois: “you know it can be the last one” (tu sais c’est peut-être le dernier). Ils mettent beaucoup d’emphase là-dessus», raconte le directeur des opérations du FEQ, Patrick Martin.

Well I suppose any concert (especially the one at the end of a leg/tour) could be the last one, is Skjerseth saying that for the Quebec guys to do their best? Seems unnecessary ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 18, 2015 02:38

Charlie will toss it when he's closer to 80 than 70. Couple more years...

Is it truly still amazing that they keep going? Not any more. At least strictly in that term. Perhaps in the term of 'why bother', indeed. New music is irrelevant. It's obviously accepted that they are now a nostalgia act.

There's nothing wrong with that. Hell, it took them how long to truly become one? Way past time.

Keep on rollin' in the Stones world...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 18, 2015 02:44

GasLightStreet

Is it truly still amazing that they keep going? Not any more. At least strictly in that term. Perhaps in the term of 'why bother', indeed. New music is irrelevant. It's obviously accepted that they are now a nostalgia act.

There's nothing wrong with that. Hell, it took them how long to truly become one? Way past time.

Lol.

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 18, 2015 02:46

GasLightStreet

Why don't you do something else with your own time that brings you joy? You need attitude adjustment. Why not write about stuff that's personally fulfilling to you?

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 18, 2015 03:39

They have all cloned themselves already. There is a secret private compound in Switzerland and they are all currently in elementary school. In a short time Keith will get his first guitar.

The current Rolling Stones will remain active until 2022. Then they will be replaced by... The Rolling Stones.

That means the Rolling Stones will be around until at least 2077.

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: June 18, 2015 04:56

Whenever, wherever and however this ends, has anyone stopped to realize that "Satisfaction" will have been the last song they will have played together as a band?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 18, 2015 05:21

One day it will be "The Last Time". I don't think even the four members know when
that will be. I have wondered if the next chapter, after "the last time", would
be Mick and Keith or Ronnie and Mick - but way scaled back. I guess it depends
how important being on stage is to the four members or two members. However with the short tours I feel this suits all four members well - so I do expect them to
continue as a band for as long as nature allows.

Date: June 18, 2015 05:45

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
stones2000
umakmehrd

Damn that's fast...never fails to impress

You can thank Canada Post for that...it's all about the service.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 19:43

Naturalust
treaclefingers

My question question about reality was actually directed at roller99 who suggested my post was lacking it and based of conjecture. I was just curious what you thought the "new formula" was, and you've answered that quite well, thank you.

Of course, the only reality is that they are touring this summer and nobody has accurate information about what the future holds. I'm generally optimistic about most things and would be about the Stones future too, but my views are tempered by the age of Charlie and the miles on Keith. It's just hard for me to imagine them getting the ball rolling again after a break.

Surely they will need one after they play South America and possibly Europe again. Knowing that Charlie will be closer to 80 than 70 when, and if they try to start up again, just doesn't make the possibility sound very plausible to me.

One thing I am sure of is that I don't want to see them trying to perform this kind of show when they are at a stage where their skills are more noticeably effected by their age. At times it's hard enough watching Keith's arthritic hands trying to infuse the music with the raw intensity that was once so easy for him. It's one thing for the old blues masters to sit in a chair and belt out their tunes with some sparse accompaniment on guitar but quite another for the Stones to do the same with their set list.

All that being said, to my delight, they are indeed still putting on an exciting and convincing rock show in 2015 and I'm both proud of them and amazed at their ability to pull it off.

peace

I have nothing to share because until my info is confirmed, I'm not posting it. But I'm not speculating, nor am I trying to self-inflate any sense of importance here. My information comes from the people who finance the tours. That's why I knew about the Fonda months before it happened. So you'll just have to wait.

Date: June 20, 2015 20:44

roller99
I have nothing to share because until my info is confirmed, I'm not posting it. But I'm not speculating, nor am I trying to self-inflate any sense of importance here. My information comes from the people who finance the tours. That's why I knew about the Fonda months before it happened. So you'll just have to wait.

All due respect and I have loved and appreciated your information and contributions here and truly hope they continue. thumbs up

But I thought you said your Fonda information came from someone who was working on the film crew for that show? The Fonda gig was planned months in advance?...strange they forgot to tell the band that was scheduled to play there that night.

Also a question about tour financing. Obviously the financing for the ticket sales, venue rentals, promotion and all such stuff is done by an outside source but don't the Stones finance their own small secret shows and the entire "show" portion of the tour?

In any case, I look forward to hearing about this tour continuing on to SA and Europe and most of all some information concerning more North American dates.

peace

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 20, 2015 21:06

Naturalust
roller99

All due respect and I have loved and appreciated your information and contributions here and truly hope they continue. thumbs up

But I thought you said your Fonda information came from someone who was working on the film crew for that show? The Fonda gig was planned months in advance?...strange they forgot to tell the band that was scheduled to play there that night.

Also a question about tour financing. Obviously the financing for the ticket sales, venue rentals, promotion and all such stuff is done by an outside source but don't the Stones finance their own small secret shows and the entire "show" portion of the tour?

In any case, I look forward to hearing about this tour continuing on to SA and Europe and most of all some information concerning more North American dates.

peace
and wasn't that Belly Up show actually on an island?

Date: June 21, 2015 01:22

Naturalust
roller99

peace

No. I got in to The Fonda because of the film crew and the documentary. A friend of mine was in the booth. I knew about the Fonda two months beforehand, but that information did nothing to get myself in. Having information doesn't guarantee you everything. I knew about rehearsals at third encore before anyone through the same guy in the booth, and because I was trying to rent the adjacent studio for my own project. How do you know whether the band that got bumped didn't kmow in advance or not, or if they were in on it (doubtful), or what the story is? I'm actually surprised you'd ask that as this is the usual pattern, going all the way back to The El Macombo in 77. The band that had been on the bill that night was April Wine. They were on the bill months before also, just like now. The Stones are masters at pulling this off. Did you ever wonder what the connection between the Fonda and El Rey theaters is???

As far as the band paying, I've never heard that. I have a few documents in hand that show some barely-interesting behind the scenes stuff, but one has to respect trust and privacy. I can tell you that the band may hire sound and lighting, but they don't pay to rent stadiums, hire security, and the other thousand things that are involved.

As far as SA goes, the head of the company that is footing the bill went to a recent show to get consensus. Everyone but one person wants to do it, so he is the deciding factor. All the financing is in place. When I find out, IORR will be first to know, and this may even include a club gig.

Nuff said?

Date: June 21, 2015 01:53

Here you go Naturalust: The best text I have ever received in my life. That's how I got in to the Fonda:

Date: June 21, 2015 02:26

Whoo Hooo roller, that text is indeed cool. Curious what the interview was like. We haven't heard much about them. What was your SF story and what was the SF preview you sent them that got you selected?

I'm actually not familiar with the details of April Wine story, I know April Wine ended up playing a gig at the El Mocambo since they released a record of their 1977 performance. Did they come back at a later date and perform? Did the other band scheduled for the Fonda get moved to the El Rey theater? Did April Wine end up playing a gig somewhere else that night in 1977?

As far as what the band supplies/pays for, Jagger has said that they supply everything that comprises the 'show"....sound, lighting, stage, backline etc and all the tickets, promo and venue stuff is handled by the promoter. I just imagine that for a small venue like the Fonda without much relative expense on the promoters end of things that it would be handled by the Stones.

Thanks for the SA update and the post in general. Appreciated.

peace

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home