Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Albany NY on 17th September ??
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 26, 2005 17:46

Not that I'll take anything too seriously unless it comes from Bjornulf, but does anyone have any feel for whether this show is likely to be confirmed ? I'm just being a selfish bastard, but it would suit my travel plans a treat if it did happen on the date that's currently being rumoured.

Re: Albany NY on 17th September ??
Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 27, 2005 03:27

It looks more likely after checking out STONESDOUG'S board a few minutes ago. I guess the food vendors have been booked and lots of wheels have been put into motion. Good for me! No hotel to pay for that night!

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 27, 2005 12:44

It would make sense also, as they split up the tour in two thirds with a 7 days break in between.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 27, 2005 17:09

Does anyone know of a hotel in walking distance of the Pepsi Center which is cheaper than the Crown Plaza (over $200 night)? Any info much appreciated as I'm a West Coast Gal.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 27, 2005 17:28

[online.allrez.com]

About $50 and two miles away from the venue

otherwise most of them seem to be out near the airport

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-27 17:29 by Gazza.

Date: July 27, 2005 19:32

thanks for the info the $50 sounds great, but I just can't see myself walking two miles after the show!!!

Date: July 27, 2005 20:21

And why not ?

Mr "superfit" Michael Philip Jagger would, so why shouldn't you ? Mind you, he probably wouldn't be IN a $50 p/night motel, but that's not the point !

Date: July 27, 2005 22:41

But I'll be keeping pace with Mick all through the concert......

Date: July 27, 2005 23:30

Keeping PACE ?

What, sat on yer bum tapping your little toes, with one hand round a gallon jug of iced tea and the other deep in a king size container of pop corn ? I think you should definitely walk this two miles. Basic fitness for RS fans, that's what's called for here. It should be a condition of attending RS concerts !

Date: July 28, 2005 00:45

two miles = 30 minutes

certainly worth saving $150, dontcha think?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 28, 2005 00:58

Albany for sure.

Bjornulf

Date: July 28, 2005 04:28

Thank you, Bjornulf. I took a gamble and already booked my ticket out of Albany back to SF! Does anyone know if there will be an Amex presale or will it just be whomever normally does whatever they do in the Pepsi Center? (hockey???)

Hey, paulywal, do you have any names of those 2 mile distant hotels?? Maybe I will try and save $150 so I can put it towards yet another show and of course then I'll be super fit and able to do more than tap my toes! Also I presume its safe for a poor girl to walk two miles in the middle of the night in Albany??!! Sarah

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 28, 2005 05:00

I wouldn't walk alone in Albany. For a smaller city, there are some BAD neighborhoods and lots of crime! I go there alot for concerts and comedy shows; we had our car broken into and I just wouldn't be too relaxed and I surely would not walk alone ANYWHERE in Albany after dark. The hotels that are reasonable are abour ten minutes from the Pepsi, a car ride. There are lots of decent places to eat too, all walking distant from the arena. The Crowne is expensive for what you get. You should call Albany tourist info and have them send a packet of preferred hotels and restaurants, maybe coupons too and MAPS!

Date: July 28, 2005 06:05

thanks, I will, Sarah

Date: July 28, 2005 11:59

reason i suggested that hotel was because it was near the venue. I looked on that site and didnt see too many others. Most seem to be near the airport.

Stayed in Albany when I was at the Stones Hartford shows in '99. Nice city, although some dodgy areas as Debra says. However, if youre walking 2 miles immediately after a show to a city centre hotel, with the size of the crowd doing something similar, hopefully there'd be enough people around

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home