Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ricky Lee Jones last nite
Posted by: ShatterednVA ()
Date: July 26, 2005 16:56

I've been waiting to see her for 25 years and got my chance at the Birchmere last nite - it was absolutely mesmorizing. Her ability to communicate the passion of life's hardships and joys through her vocals was unprecedented. Unfortunately, she went into a Bush/Republican bashing that led to a confrontaion with a member of the audience that ended with her tellin him to get the @#$%& out if he didnt like it. After that she did a 5 minute song that took her vocals to places I've never heard before and then abruptly left the stage. Unfortunately, she never got to many of her familar songs coolesville, chucke's in love, pirates, don't let the sun.... I guess all the more reason to see her again.

Re: Ricky Lee Jones last nite
Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 26, 2005 17:46

Similar to you, after waiting 25 years I saw Ricki Lee about 18 months ago. She was great but, unfortunately, went on an adolescent-sounding political tirade. Nobody interrupted her, her singing and the group she assembled was fantastic (including an impromptu version of My Funny Valentine), and she left out most of her "hits" with the exception of Youngblood. So you probably didn't miss much by her leaving abrubtly...

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 26, 2005 20:08

Well I'm sure I'd have agreed with EVERYTHING bad she said about Bush, HOWEVER, if I laid down cool cash to see her and she LEFT because she was pissed off, I'd be very UNHAPPY! I'd call that very unprofessional and I'm glad you told me about this; she's coming to Pittsfield, MA ON THE 29TH and we were thinking about going! NOT NOW! I'd kinda want to see the entire show!

Posted by: ShatterednVA ()
Date: July 26, 2005 21:17

Don't get the wrong impression - I would see her again in a heartbeat - brilliant preformance with the most amazing vocals I've heard live. Go see her.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 27, 2005 00:10

yes, go...she's great live (except for the tone of her rantings...very immature for someone over 30 let alone over 50) and actually had some pseudo-Keith moves when she played guitar!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home