Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Crossfire Hurricane Part 2?
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 8, 2015 03:15

Re: Crossfire Hurricane Part 2 (video biography of the band)

Probably waiting until they hang it up. It would make sense I guess....to make it complete. Any official word?

IORR............but I like it!

Re: Crossfire Hurricane Part 2?
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 03:32

Yes. It will be called Rain Falls Down.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 8, 2015 03:37

There'd be no reason for it. There's very little the general public would be interested in.

Date: June 8, 2015 03:43

RollingFreak
There'd be no reason for it. There's very little the general public would be interested in.

well...for the record...I'd be interested.

if memory serves...part 1 ended in early ron wood years. can't remember if there was much from 81/82.

interviews...drama...tours (concert video)...personal lives...solo albums etc...

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 8, 2015 04:09

RollingFreak

There'd be no reason for it.

No, no... there'd be one reason for it:

MONEY

Date: June 8, 2015 04:14

RollingFreak

It's not intended for "general public"...it's intended for Stones fans. No different than the "deluxe" releases and the archive releases.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 04:28

sweet neo con
RollingFreak

if memory serves...part 1 ended in early ron wood years. can't remember if there was much from 81/82.

interviews...drama...tours (concert video)...personal lives...solo albums etc...

i do find it annoying how many stones histories drop off pretty quickly after the recording of exile on main street and the 72 ... they seem to always say something like "there would be more albums, and more tours, and a new guitarist, but it would never be the same, there was never so much at stake, so much risked..." etc. and while i agree, i do think that there are details that would be fun. the run-up to the 81 tour, more about the stones/keith in jamaica, hmm. i'm starting to put myself to sleep. but yes, i could see value.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 8, 2015 04:55

It's ironic how their 25th anniversary documentary 25X5 covers more ground than their 50th anniversary documentary. Their concert set lists as well seem to reflect a similar timescale cutoff. They seem content in their seventies to celebrate the music they made in their twenties and thirties, as if neither they nor their audience had lived lives worth remembering or celebrating in the decades since.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: June 8, 2015 11:45

I would have loved a documentary about modern day Stones as well.

But let's see it from the Mick's point of view: The Stones post-1982 is:
- the Mick-Keith feud,
- the solo efforts resulting from it,
- Charlie's addiction,
- the set-up of a professional tour business from SW on,
- Bill Wyman leaving,
- keeping the business running,
- a very occasional musical effort,
- hardly anything gossipwise except from Keith' slip from a tree stub,
- keeping the tour business running,
- reissue old stuff, celebrating anniversaries
- counting the number of trucks per tour etc.

Essentialy it would be a lecture about a businesscase.
"How can we diminish the number of trucks used compared to last tour, yet increase ticket prices and make the same money? We should reduce the number of shows and simplify the stage."

A documentary like that would be a dream to me, but not to the band I'm sure.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 8, 2015 12:29

Funny enough I did not manage to watch this docu to the very end. Kind of boring. I believe they put little efforts to put it together. That old 25x5 is so much better.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 8, 2015 14:58

sweet neo con
RollingFreak

Yes but the Stones cater for a wider audience - not just the iorr elite.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 9, 2015 15:29

ironbelly
Funny enough I did not manage to watch this docu to the very end. Kind of boring. I believe they put little efforts to put it together. That old 25x5 is so much better.

Tip Of The Tongue or whatever, about the tour, on FF, is great. On TBB it's just a repeat - same subject, almost exact same words, different hotels. BORING.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 11, 2015 19:34

Some older (old?) friends of mine watched it when it came out on whatever, HBO or some shit. They knew about it because of all the hype of the 50 years. And they liked it. They have no interest in the band past whenever, 1971, generally, as most people their age don't. What I found interesting was I didn't talk about it to anyone, they brought it up to me. They asked me if I'd seent it.

No.

Do you want to see it?

No. I've seen all the other documentaries that CH was culled from.

So... there's probably no need for CH2 really.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home