Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Live Earth: New York (MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ) ?
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:35

Rumours are still out there that the Stones will play the Live Earth show near NYC on 18th June, 2015.

The line-up of acts is massive; far too many acts for me to mention here.

If you want MY opinion - well, the Stones were in the original line-up. However I have my doubts that they will show up. confused smiley

Time will tell.

Just wanted to toss this one out there for the NYC-area people. Perhaps you can do some sleuthing in NYC/NJ.

CE smoking smiley

Re: Live Earth: New York (MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ) ?
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:37

Please tell me Keith and Ronnie will appear with Dylan again; truly one of the classic moments in rock charity concerts.

Date: June 7, 2015 23:41

Turner68
Please tell me Keith and Ronnie will appear with Dylan again; truly one of the classic moments in rock charity concerts.

Yes, I promise you! Mick will rip off Tina Turner's skirt and Keith and Ronnie (introduced by the one-and-only Bob Dylan!) will end the show.

Promise..............grinning smiley

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:43

Not likely they will sneak that in between their June 17th Nashville show and their June 20th Pittsburg show. No way it's going to happen, the logistics just don't work.

peace

Date: June 7, 2015 23:45

Naturalust
Not likely they will sneak that in between their June 17th Nashville show and their June 20th Pittsburg show. No way it's going to happen, the logistics just don't work.

peace

Agreed. Logistically, it's impossible. But, they are still on the line-up. Hence, my post here.eye popping smiley

CE smoking smiley

Live Earth 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:26

That rumored appearance at Live Earth was originally put forth on The Festival Forecaster blog.

There is no Live Earth show at MetLife Stadium on June 18.

[news.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:51

Well perhaps they will still play the Live Earth event in Paris sometime this autumn then. I've got a feeling that would be excellent news for the European folks here on IORR.

I certainly support the message behind the project. Al Gore says "The purpose is to have a billion voices with one message to demand climate action now," Pretty good step in the right direction in a truly uphill battle against the trillions of dollars profit the energy companies are making at our long term expense. If the Stones are on board for that message I couldn't be more delighted.

peace

Live Earth 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:05

Could The Stones appear in Paris? Maybe. Or maybe not.

According to that May 22 news story, apart from Pharrell Williams exactly zero acts were confirmed on board.

Logistically June 18 wouldn't have been much of a stretch. Charter into Newark after Nashville, band does a couple of songs on a stage other than their own, then on to Pittsburgh.

Easy peasy...

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 16:46

Turner68

That was either funny or pathetic

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: June 8, 2015 22:09

It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Almost as bad as Jagger and Bowie "prancing in the streets"

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 23:03

Live Earth has been delayed..not happening anymore on June 18th !

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 23:35

jjo
It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Almost as bad as Jagger and Bowie "prancing in the streets"
Agreed

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 8, 2015 23:43

Cocaine Eyes
Naturalust

peace

Agreed. Logistically, it's impossible. But, they are still on the line-up. Hence, my post here.eye popping smiley

CE smoking smiley

Thank you very much for your reflections on a Live Earth appearance

Much appreciated!

If your travel plans suddenly include a trip to New York City, we will all be glad to know of them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 23:57 by CloudCat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home