Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stones beyond 2006- what will happen
Posted by: scenearts ()
Date: July 26, 2005 00:07

Whats the feeling as to what will happen after this tour ends in 2006.

My thoughts are that the new album will not be the last, but that this will be the last full scale world tour. I thought licks would be, but now this one seems to be a tour of equal proportions to the licks one - this cant go on indefinately. I cannot imagine the idea of kieth in particular having a future that does not include the Rolling Stones making music and playing live.

I am looking forward to the new cd and tour, got a really good feeling from what ive heard so far and hoping that neither the cd or the tour will be the last.

I will be surprised if they dont scale down to very short tours.

I think only the death of one of the three founders will bring it to a close.

Re: Stones beyond 2006- what will happen
Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: July 26, 2005 00:12

I think that this could be the end of the band. Not that any of us want it (I doubt they do either) but with Charlies health problems and there age becoming a bit more problematic I fear this is the last big stones outing. Hopefully i'm wrong. If they do pack it in I wonder if we could finally have a faces reunion?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 26, 2005 00:12

i was going to give you a flippant response that they will all die and we can go back to our dreary workaday lives...but I won't.

I'm with you on the prediction of this being the last BIG hurrah - but I've predicted that since '94...

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 26, 2005 00:14

I agree that the Stones will certainly end by the passing of either Mick, Keith or Charlie, but I'm hoping they'll carry on until then, and hopefully that fateful day is still a long time coming. If I had to choose between wanting either another tour or new album/CD in 2006 and beyond, I'd opt for the new material. I'll always be happy with new studio releases even if touring becomes too much for them.

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 26, 2005 00:26

I try not to think about it. It depresses me. I kind of agree about the scaling down thing; I actually thought that they would scale it down this time around - especially after the Licks tour. But it's obvious that they haven't done, so I must admit that I'm finding it difficult to read their minds really. I don't know is the short answer, but I hope they stick around in one form or another making music and occasionally playing live. The thing about the "playing live" is that it's really market forces that would ideally determine the manner and rate of the "scaling down". The fact of the matter is that there still would seem to still be a shitload of demand out there for them, and it doesn't really appear to be waning. I can't really imagine them sitting around knowing full well that that they could fill an enormous venue in any particular location, and then making a conscious decision either not to do so at all - or to play some tiny place that has a fraction of the capacity. Maybe the only route open to them is to become absolutely crap live, and then people will desert them in droves and they'll finally be able to wind down ???????????????

But the death of either Mick or Keith or Charlie would definitely introduce a worrying dimension; I think it probably would spell the end.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: July 26, 2005 00:37

Well I reckon this WILL be their 'last big tour', if you want to call it that,not because they won't be able to fill stadiums, but because they will be forever trapped in the loop if they don't call it a draw.

When a Stones tour is announced everybody goes nuts. Ticket prices and sales are compared with U2 or whoever and then it's "let's see if we can sell more".

It's not about the money now, and it hasn't been for quite a while.

They will still do 'appearances' though, but they can't call it a tour anymore...

I think they prefer to play the smaller venues - so that's what they'll do.They have 'a need' to play in front of an audience.

They're still the greatest rock and roll band in the world and they always will be imho...

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 26, 2005 00:38

it would definitely spell the end - i believe they (the 3) are all on record as saying this - as it should be.

I'm not sure the stones would ever be motivated to getting together to record just for the "fun of it" - i believe that the new album was forced/delivered to legitimize a new tour - and that's fine with me. but when the "road" isn't so inviting - the idea of them getting together to make a new album just seems unlikely.

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: July 26, 2005 00:41

youve had 40 plus years,how much more do you want ? they are old men...............let them have a rest

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 26, 2005 02:29

Don't tell Mick he's an old man, he'll bite your head off! I can see them playing way beyond this tour, God willing and if they remain healthy enough to play. Keith always speaks of Muddy Waters playing into old age and I think that's how he sees his future, Mick as well. The performance is in their blood!

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: July 26, 2005 02:31

yeah but muddy acted with a bit of dignity.he didnt try and act like a 20 year old like jagger does.its ludicrous.

Date: July 26, 2005 02:39

Jagger does not tear his shirt off as he did in the 70's and as for acting like a 20 year old, don't all of us who LOVE Rock'n'roll strive to feel young, at least for the 2 hours of the show? Rock is not about being a dignified old fart! Get real! And I wonder, if you object to Mick's performance , why in the Hell are you posting on a Stones board? You are obviously not a fan of THIS band.Mick is one of the best frontmen in all of rock and much of his appeal is wrapped up in his energy and youthful style of performing but that doesn't mean he lacks dignity, at least not for most of us.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 26, 2005 02:45

I dont think they'll exist as a band in five years as I think the likelihood of declining health will be a huge factor (all band members have had health worries in the last 2-3 years, any one of which could and will affect their long-term ability to perform if they were to deteriorate significantly)

Therefore, I dont think the Stones will release another studio album of new material after this one and I dont think they'll do a large scale tour again either.

I think that their desire is still there to keep doing it beyond 2006, but I frankly have my doubts as to whether they'll be up to it.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 26, 2005 02:56

they will tour again in 09,,,sav your $

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: July 26, 2005 03:21

I'm with you Deb, Mick Jagger does what he does because he is a true performer and always will be. And you're right, if Billy can't see that then why the @#$%& is he posting on this board? In fact, most of what I've read from Dear Bill has been pessimistic as hell!! Bill if you can't live in the moment then kindly please leave those alone who are most certainly enjoying what appears to be a quite "religious" (hyperbole here) comeback from the best rock and roll outfit to ever mike it up.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: July 26, 2005 03:31

Future anxiety can be a terrible thing.
What comes next? Possibly even the Stones
don't know themselves, and anyway there probably
isn't much we can do to change their minds if
they do decide to call it quits.

So just enjoy them here and now!

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: July 26, 2005 03:41

Before you all start worrying about after the tour, just enjoy the tour & the new album. I'm loving it. I turn on a top 40 station & twice heard Rough Justice. The Stones are back!!!!

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: July 26, 2005 03:41

Well said Davido. Hey Bill go take a shove!!!

Date: July 26, 2005 03:45

BRAVO CROSSFIRE! MY HERO!I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MESELF! ( AND NO THAT WAS NOT A TYPO!).

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 26, 2005 05:08

let's hope the Muddy comparisons are NOT valid - Muddy died at age 66 - just two years older than Charlie is now....

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 26, 2005 05:46

im sure its the last global tour, i just know and hope it is..listen to what jagger said at the press conference... quote we not going fall into the trap of calling this the last tour, its a cheap way of trying to sell more tickets...so reading between the lines that comment says alot...they can always do the odd studio album and a few special shows, who knows...but looking at the bands health only jagger is in brill shape, i take my hat off to that man, he just the best, the perfect rock star.and coming from a straight bloke well straitish he still has sex apeal, to me the best performer in the world.and the human riff aint bad either.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 26, 2005 07:11

billy318124 wrote

"yeah but muddy acted with a bit of dignity.he didnt try and act like a 20 year old like jagger does.its ludicrous."

You are not simply an old fart. You are the most stinking old fart in the world.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 26, 2005 09:23

Actually I never thought that they will tour again on such a big scale. But it happens and I have to empty all my savings go to Mum and Dad (older than Mick) and not to proud to beg all cents for this tour.
Of course I hope they will continue, but leisurely. Let them have a night at .... what every honored place and cash in a couple of $$$$$$$ for a ticket for the poor boys.

In my oppinion this tour will be a bit exhausting for both the band and us. Except if you stay around NYC or LAX you may stay at the same place or even call these places your home you will have to travel from place to place. That's what I liked about the licks tour. At was decend to be with friends for a week at the same place licking afternoon tea and scones...hahaha. just in style....
However they will rock again and they will be 100% pure ...be there out ON STAGE

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 26, 2005 09:31

Mick has often commented that it would be great if they could set up a major stage and let the fans come to them and maybe that's what we'll see in the future....kinda like a Stones Mecca.

Music is in their blood so I very much doubt it will just grind to a halt after 2006. The studio work will go on but the world tours will scale down and maybe Mick's Stones Mecca will be where we all go to worship.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: July 26, 2005 10:05

Charlie will be inspired by Duke Ellington's tenacity, so I do't think he will call it a day.
but fingers crossed Charlie will play with his Tentet!!!!!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 26, 2005 10:33

My wish would be for the Stones to stop touring while they're still the best.
It's a pity to see a band declining on stage. If this should be the last tour, it's OK with me, and I'd say thanks for the shows, the memories, the journeys, and the friends I met during the Stones tours.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 26, 2005 10:37

They just will stop and make occasional concerts in small clubs in London, NY or
Paris to remember the good old days. MLaybe Keith will called Sir Keith Richards ...... !!!!!!

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: July 26, 2005 11:24

I agree with Doc - lets hope they don't make fools of themseleves by playing embarrassing tours in years to come.
Let's face it, they are declining every year so hopefully they will stop so people remember them for the good things they have done - and not for playing poorly and seemingly grabbing every last dollar from their fans.

IMO - the band should have stopped after Licks Tour.....

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 26, 2005 11:29

agree ESKY that they should have stopped after Licks. However they was still an album to fulfil and as you know album sales don't bring big money nowadays, so they will tour. The way the will age in grace is the way how we acknowledge their concerts. For me today the whole thing is a big band. I would love to see them like they did Julliard. Without guest. At least a couple of songs.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: July 26, 2005 11:50

They're not that old.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 26, 2005 12:07

What a morbid bunch you lot are!!!!
From reading these posts the boys are on there last legs and waiting to die!
get outta here.
Listen to the playing on the new tracks, if there was any doubt they couldn't make the tour due to health then they wouldn't go... who'd insure them???
Macca aint stopping so why oh why the stones?
Baffles the hell outta me!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1874
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home