Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What if they opened with CYHMK and then....
Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:14

I dig the rotation of Start Me UP or Jumpin'Jack Flash to start the show. The Stones definitely get that right, come on!!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:30

mjmjr
What if they opened with CYHMK and killed after the line "all around your town" instead of going into the Karl and woody jam.....and just crashed right into b***h?

I think crowd would dig it.

The rest would follow

3 TD
4 LSTNT
5 Honky
6 you gotta move (rotated w/ mm)
7 I got the blues (rotated w/ sm)
8 sway
9 web vote
10 BTMMR
11 happy
12 MR
13 happy (rotated w/ connection)
14 Miss You
15 Gimme Shelter
16 Start Me Up
17 BS
18 YCAGWYW
19 JJF
20 (I can't get no)

Interesting...crowd will go nuts with happy in slot 11 and happy again following MR in slot 13 sung by Mick.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:35

RipThisBone
mjmjr

1 CYHMK
2 Bitch
3 TD - Why? Nobody likes it, not even the tourist fan base. All Down The Line it is
4 LSTNT No! It hasn't been done justice since 1998. Live With Me it is.
5 Honky - Ok - why not get it done already here.
6 you gotta move (rotated w/ mm) Moonlight Mile always
8 sway
9 web vote
10 BTMMR - We don't need two silly up-tempo Keith songs per night. You Don't Have Too Mean It no doubt
11 happy
12 MR - Time to move on... A lengthy You Gotta Move with extended solos it is.
13 happy (rotated w/ connection) Happy again?? Time for some Heartbreaker
14 Miss You - I never want to hear Mick talking about playing bass like Darryl again. Shattered it is.
15 Gimme Shelter ??? It's repulsive to put it mildly. Modern-day warhorse You Got Me Rocking welcome back to the hits parade.
16 Start Me Up Keep it. Crowd loves the song. Sounds good.
17 BS - It's a must with the Zip Code theme and all, maybe speed it up?
18 YCAGWYW - Fine I guess
19 JJF - Also needs a faster tempo
20 (I can't get no) It's a tragedy. Give me I Can't Turn You Loose
thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Seriously? You people actually like that setlist?
I almost threw up a little in my mouth when I read it. (No disrespect to mjmjr intended)
Take a look at my adjustments.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 02:10 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:39

shortfatfanny
mjmjr
What if they opened with CYHMK and killed after the line "all around your town" instead of going into the Karl and woody jam.....and just crashed right into b***h?

The rest would follow

3 TD
4 LSTNT
5 Honky
8 sway
9 web vote
10 BTMMR
11 happy
12 MR
14 Miss You
15 Gimme Shelter
16 Start Me Up
17 BS
18 YCAGWYW
19 JJF
20 (I can't get no)

Interesting...crowd will go nuts with happy in slot 11 and happy again following MR in slot 13 sung by Mick.

I think happy would also work between ycagwyw and satisfaction in the encore. Why not play it 3 times?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:44

People really freaking out about "butchering" CYHMK. Let's be honest, Bobby is dead and after hearing it last tour with Taylor there's not a HUGE need for the jam section to be played. It doesn't go over well in a stadium anyway. If they just played the first part and launched right into a different song, I don't think it'd be the sin you're all thinking it would be. They have always been pretty much two distinctly different songs anyway.

Date: June 8, 2015 01:44

EasterMan
MrThompsonWooft
Great - but that's a long time ago.

Yes, and frankly I think their age is a big reason to why we hear so few rare songs. It's probably hard for Keith and Charlie to relearn songs they haven't played in a long time. Mick is probably very restrictive on which songs he wants to sing, and nervous about remembering lyrics.
But it's all about how much effort you're willing to put in.
Interestingly enough it's often the ''rare'' songs which really takes off live, ''Shine A Light'', ''Factory Girl'', ''Memory Hotel'' and ''Street Fighting Man'' were all highlights in 2013.

Memory Hotel hurts.

Date: June 8, 2015 01:50

Turner68
shortfatfanny
mjmjr

The rest would follow

3 TD
4 LSTNT
5 Honky
8 sway
9 web vote
10 BTMMR
11 happy
12 MR
14 Miss You
15 Gimme Shelter
16 Start Me Up
17 BS
18 YCAGWYW
19 JJF
20 (I can't get no)

I think happy would also work between ycagwyw and satisfaction in the encore. Why not play it 3 times?

Great concept.Could work with other songs as well.Whenever you think it's time for Miss You,HTW or whatever...surprise.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:23

yeababyyea
RipThisBone
mjmjr

1 CYHMK
2 Bitch
3 TD - Why? Nobody likes it, not even the tourist fan base. All Down The Line it is
4 LSTNT No! It hasn't been done justice since 1998. Live With Me it is.
5 Honky - Ok - why not get it done already here.
6 you gotta move (rotated w/ mm) Moonlight Mile always
8 sway
9 web vote
10 BTMMR - We don't need two silly up-tempo Keith songs per night. You Don't Have Too Mean It no doubt
11 happy
12 MR - Time to move on... A lengthy You Gotta Move with extended solos it is.
13 happy (rotated w/ connection) Happy again?? Time for some Heartbreaker
14 Miss You - I never want to hear Mick talking about playing bass like Darryl again. Shattered it is.
15 Gimme Shelter ??? It's repulsive to put it mildly. Modern-day warhorse You Got Me Rocking welcome back to the hits parade.
16 Start Me Up Keep it. Crowd loves the song. Sounds good.
17 BS - It's a must with the Zip Code theme and all, maybe speed it up?
18 YCAGWYW - Fine I guess
19 JJF - Also needs a faster tempo
20 (I can't get no) It's a tragedy. Give me I Can't Turn You Loose
thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Seriously? You people actually like that setlist?
I almost threw up a little in my mouth when I read it. (No disrespect to mjmjr intended)
Take a look at my adjustments.

I admire that anybody wants to hear You Don't Have To Mean It.

If you threw up in your mouth it's because of what Mick Jagger gives you at each show. His lack of imagination is incredible.

The performances are great because they've been playing the same show forever. This tour should be called the Area Code Tour because they're dialing it in, set-wise.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:27

mjmjr

The rest would follow

3 TD
4 LSTNT
5 Honky
8 sway
9 web vote
10 BTMMR
11 happy
12 MR
14 Miss You
15 Gimme Shelter
16 Start Me Up
17 BS
18 YCAGWYW
19 JJF
20 (I can't get no)

Nothing wrong with a long opening song, but I don't think so. After all, at the Enmore, not a stadium I know, I got Rambler.

You And people have to get used to the fact the Stones only do 19 songs now. All our setlist wishes need to take that to account. They won't play 20.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:29

MrThompsonWooft
forsure
MrThompsonWooft
I think 95% of the audience would be unfamiliar with the song and would be bored.

Huh? this was a radio staple for 30 years, I highly doubt the audience would be unfamiliar

Really? I've never heard it once on the radio.

I know many casual Stones fans who are not nearly at the level of anyone on these boards. They all have attended at least 2 or 3 shows over the past 20 years. And I can tell you, they ALL know CYHMK.

Date: June 8, 2015 02:31

BluzDude
MrThompsonWooft
forsure
MrThompsonWooft
I think 95% of the audience would be unfamiliar with the song and would be bored.

Huh? this was a radio staple for 30 years, I highly doubt the audience would be unfamiliar

Really? I've never heard it once on the radio.

I know many casual Stones fans who are not nearly at the level of anyone on these boards. They all have attended at least 2 or 3 shows over the past 20 years. And I can tell you, they ALL know CYHMK.

Agree - my friend's wife knows the song and she got to hear it the right way: Mick Taylor, Philly 2

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:32

And 11 and 13, when Connection is not rotated in, would be the same song??

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:52

Perhaps all they need is more cowbell!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 02:58 by taz22.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: June 8, 2015 03:47

Yea I thought chuck could sing the first happy.....obviously I screwed that up.....and yes I agree my set list ain't great....I was trying to be realistic...and give us diehards a little bit.....in a 19-20 song set there's no reason they can't devote 1/5 of the show to the sickos like myself who travel all over The world to see them over and over....but they don't and they won't....b/c they could give a crap about us....I'm asking for 4 songs.....but they won't even give one....I go to columbus I get freaking wild horses for the 22nd time......they drop from 19 to 20 songs.....and Paint it Black is the "winner" of the night.....still a great show and I'll keep going....but maybe that's the problem

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: June 8, 2015 03:48

MY only wish would be that they play the entire "smell the glove" album.

Date: June 8, 2015 04:31

mjmjr
Yea I thought chuck could sing the first happy.....obviously I screwed that up.....and yes I agree my set list ain't great....I was trying to be realistic...and give us diehards a little bit.....in a 19-20 song set there's no reason they can't devote 1/5 of the show to the sickos like myself who travel all over The world to see them over and over....but they don't and they won't....b/c they could give a crap about us....I'm asking for 4 songs.....but they won't even give one....I go to columbus I get freaking wild horses for the 22nd time......they drop from 19 to 20 songs.....and Paint it Black is the "winner" of the night.....still a great show and I'll keep going....but maybe that's the problem

They care about our money!

Everything you say makes sense which is why it will never happen. Remember, according to BV and echoed by his mindless drones, an audience needs to know every song.

Date: June 8, 2015 04:36

whoever said it, hit the nail on the head. the tours are for the casual fan, the releases of archive material are for the hardcore fan.

if you'd told me 10 years ago the stones would release all of those songs from the vaults, and live performances, i'd be ecstatic.

not defending them, just making lemonade out of lemons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 04:36 by Turner68.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 8, 2015 04:42

1. Midnight Rambler
2. Bitch
3. Shattered
4. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
5. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
6. Any song post Steel Wheels
7. Moonlight Mile
8. Sway
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Tumbling Dice
11. All About You
12. Little T&A
13. Gimme Shelter
14. Emotional Rescue
15. Start Me Up
16. Street Fighting Man
17. Satisfaction
18. Jumping Jack Flash
19. Sympathy For The Devil
20. You Can't Always Get What You Want
21. Brown Sugar

Date: June 8, 2015 04:43

JTHanis
mjmjr

They care about our money!

Everything you say makes sense which is why it will never happen. Remember, according to BV and echoed by his mindless drones, an audience needs to know every song.

Yea I'm sure they all really know doom and gloom!!

Date: June 8, 2015 04:43

i'd love to hear all about you live.
it's about mick you know... (not anita as most people assume)

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 8, 2015 04:55

About this audience is bored b.s. They played MM it was executed beautifully thanks to Mick and Matt Clifford's great arraingement, that's not a casual fans song. People responded because it was played with reverence and feeling. Any song in their long catalog played powerfully and musically satisfying can be hypnotizing. Instead they clamor through their greatest hits because they've lost the confidence to truly engage their audience. Totally unnecessary as they've proved to be still capable of powerful playing. Zip Code feels like a money grab whileGrr was a splendid gift, executed with heart. Where's Emotional Rescue, Dead Flowers, Be Your Man, et et?

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 8, 2015 05:05

yet here I am, still beyong excited I'm getting on a plane tomorrow heading to Florida for the Orlando show, even after getting "Columbus'd"

Date: June 8, 2015 05:07

forsure
yet here I am, still beyong excited I'm getting on a plane tomorrow heading to Florida for the Orlando show, even after getting "Columbus'd"

I know the feeling.....see you there

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 8, 2015 05:20

1. Can't You Hear Me Knocking (no harmonica solo)
2. Bitch
3. Shattered
4. Dead Flowers
5. Moonlight Mile
6. 100 Years Ago
7. Fool To Cry
8. Fingerprint File
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Tumbling Dice
11. All About You
12. You Don't Have To Mean It
13. Miss You
14. Emotional Rescue
15. Gimme Shelter
16. Midnight Rambler
17. Start Me Up
18. Street Fighting Man
19. Jumpin' Jack Flash
20. Brown Sugar

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 8, 2015 05:23

That setlist goes to shit after the 8th song.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 8, 2015 06:11

Just sticking with the program...

Date: June 8, 2015 06:55

GasLightStreet
Just sticking with the program...

Did you miss seeing emotional rescue in 2013? Once a decade is enough

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 8, 2015 07:51

forsure
man, where do you guys live? I don't live in a major city or anything close, maybe a million in the broadcast area. CYHMK was in pretty regular rotation from late 70s all through the 80s on the local AOR stations (we had two). If it were two for tuesday, or a special block weekend, even more so.

I have never once heard it on UK radio.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 8, 2015 09:40

yeababyyea

You got that right. Miss You, while it used to a jamming disco-hit with lots of guitar improvisation, has become a Disney number.
It's very hard for me having to endure the sight of Lisa Fischer walking out on the catwalk during Gimme Shelter. Actually the whole band is off and sleeping through that song.

You Got Me Rocking would be a good replacement, underrated song, which needs to be played later in the the show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 09:53 by TheBlockbuster.

smiling smileyRe: What if they opened with CYHMK and then....
Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 8, 2015 12:04

Cant be that difficult to make a good setlist. Heres mine made in a couple of minutes
Intro. Continental drift
1. 19th nervous breakdown
2. All sold out
3. Bitch
4. We love you
5. Down in the hole
6. Sweet little sixteen
7. Blue turns to grey
8. you got it made
9. memo from turner (R.Cooder way)
10. Fingerprint file
11. Slave
12. Hand of fate
13. 2000 man
14. Coming down again
15. Citadel
16. 100 years ago
17. Claudine
18. rip this joint
19. Dance little sister
20. Have you seen your mother (standing in the shadow)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1376
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home