Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: From the Vaults ... question on releases
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 5, 2015 16:35

Irix
Maybe we could also count to the archive releases list:

- 10 July 2015 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction · 50th Anniversary Edition [12" Vinyl Single] (ABKCO)

[www.amazon.com] · [www.jpc.de]

PS: '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction' has been released for the 1st time on June 6, 1965 in USA and August 20, 1965 in UK: [en.wikipedia.org] .
BTW Felix Aeppli says it was released JUNE 5 1965. Since this was the day I was born, and Satisfaction is my all time favorite song, I'm going with this date as official :-)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 5, 2015 17:25

DrPete

BTW Felix Aeppli says it was released JUNE 5 1965. Since this was the day I was born, and Satisfaction is my all time favorite song, I'm going with this date as official :-)

Yep ... it might have been June 5 - because the 6th was a Sunday. You can check the day of the week with a Calendar-App oder a perpetual calendar.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: June 6, 2015 06:24

Great - thanks Kowalski and others for the lists smiling smiley

And thanks Sighunt for pushing for the Ya-Yas expanded release!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 6, 2015 20:27

WeLoveYou
Great - thanks Kowalski and others for the lists smiling smiley

And thanks Sighunt for pushing for the Ya-Yas expanded release!

Thank you for the acknowledgement. A lot of time and effort went into the crafting, implementing, and promoting of the Ya Yas re-release including in-front of and behind the scenes. Several folks from the PreciousStones site (who I sadly do not keep in touch with anymore were very gung-ho about pushing for it and assisted after the idea was presented whether it be writing up the petition, posting it on-line, doing PR, etc, etc. I can't thank them enough for their efforts). We were generally happy with the results because we pretty much got what we requested: the missing/omitted tracks, music from the opening acts, etc. Not to be critical, but if the expanded release contained a complete video of the show/shows from Madison Square Garden, in my estimation the 40th anniversary re-release of Ya Yas would have been a grand slam/stellar release!

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: June 7, 2015 02:49

The thing about these Vault releases they are all of shows that have been available for years on bootlegs. yes, it is nice to have them in superior quality but still you wish the Stones would release something truly unique, something we have never heard before e.g. LA Forum 1972. But they obviously don't want to do that for some reason. I just don't understand the greed that drives Jagger. Is he going to lose money by releasing a bunch of old shows from 1972 ? I doubt it. I think he must take some perverse pleasure in depriving his loyal fans of the enjoyment of listening to music they want to hear.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 7, 2015 03:03

tornnfrayed
The thing about these Vault releases they are all of shows that have been available for years on bootlegs. yes, it is nice to have them in superior quality but still you wish the Stones would release something truly unique, something we have never heard before e.g. LA Forum 1972. But they obviously don't want to do that for some reason. I just don't understand the greed that drives Jagger. Is he going to lose money by releasing a bunch of old shows from 1972 ? I doubt it. I think he must take some perverse pleasure in depriving his loyal fans of the enjoyment of listening to music they want to hear.

Maybe in Mick's will is a releasing of all Stones' material from the vaults. smileys with beer We can only hope...

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: June 7, 2015 04:51

The point to the vault releases is to knock the bootleggers out by putting out a superior product. Eventually they may release the unknown/uncirculated stuff. Perhaps they are holding back for when no tour or new recording is possible? We will have to wait and see.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 7, 2015 04:54

Yes.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 7, 2015 06:50

The 78 DVD which I think was from TX. Was a surprise and not really
available on Bootleg.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 7, 2015 10:06

I picked up the LA Forum dvd/cd set. I only had the google play show before, but from what i understand, the dvd is taken from the venue the day before the cd was, i.e. different! This was the only one I was missing, so now I have them all -- well except for the upcoming Marquee and hopefully Hyde Park '69

Posted by: OldBarbarian ()
Date: June 7, 2015 20:39

Sure wish you could download these in the states! Any clue if you can download them online somewhere?

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: June 17, 2015 01:12

kowalski
Since 2009 there have been many "archive" releases. (...)

Thank you for your great list!

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: June 17, 2015 01:20

OldBarbarian
Sure wish you could download these in the states! Any clue if you can download them online somewhere?

I haven't tried it but setting up a VPN to an eligible country should get the job done. I may have to try since I want that Toronto show.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 17, 2015 01:23

nankerphlege
The point to the vault releases is to knock the bootleggers out by putting out a superior product.

The 70s just called and wanted its business strategy back ...

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 17, 2015 04:43

MrEcho
kowalski
Since 2009 there have been many "archive" releases. (...)

Thank you for your great list!

List was updated with a couple of HD downloads added.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 17, 2015 04:52

LieB
nankerphlege
The point to the vault releases is to knock the bootleggers out by putting out a superior product.

The 70s just called and wanted its business strategy back ...

nanker's liv'r than you'll ever be lieb

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 17, 2015 14:05

tornnfrayed
The thing about these Vault releases they are all of shows that have been available for years on bootlegs. yes, it is nice to have them in superior quality but still you wish the Stones would release something truly unique, something we have never heard before e.g. LA Forum 1972. But they obviously don't want to do that for some reason.

Totally wrong.
Leeds 82, and Toronto 2005 f.e. weren't bootleged nor expected and were great surprises.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 17, 2015 14:24

mitch
tornnfrayed
The thing about these Vault releases they are all of shows that have been available for years on bootlegs. yes, it is nice to have them in superior quality but still you wish the Stones would release something truly unique, something we have never heard before e.g. LA Forum 1972. But they obviously don't want to do that for some reason.

Totally wrong.
Leeds 82, and Toronto 2005 f.e. weren't bootleged nor expected and were great surprises.

At this time, I don't think the band have any commercial incentive to release say, a 10CD box of live shows from the 1972 tour. They have a steady drip-drip pattern of releases, which to my mind adds up to squeezing the maximum profit from their archive over the longest possible time. We'll see the 10CD box when there's a commercial imperative to do it.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 17, 2015 14:28

What are the chances that, once they've milked sales for the Super Deluxe Edition of "Sticky Fingers" dry, they give the Leeds disc a stand alone release?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 17, 2015 14:40

Father Ted
We'll see the 10CD box when there's a commercial imperative to do it.
Probably never then.

Date: June 17, 2015 17:26

Deltics
What are the chances that, once they've milked sales for the Super Deluxe Edition of "Sticky Fingers" dry, they give the Leeds disc a stand alone release?

I think we'll see a reasonably priced Brussels before that.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 17, 2015 17:37

treaclefingers
Deltics

I thought about this option too. Like Deluxe for GHS.

But how many will buy it considering the fact that hard core fans already got ether Bravado box or Japanese Marquee 1971 with bonus Brussels? I am dropping the fact that there was digital download before and almost everyone interested already have this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 17:38 by ironbelly.

Date: June 18, 2015 05:40

ironbelly
treaclefingers
Deltics

I thought about this option too. Like Deluxe for GHS.

But how many will buy it considering the fact that hard core fans already got ether Bravado box or Japanese Marquee 1971 with bonus Brussels? I am dropping the fact that there was digital download before and almost everyone interested already have this one.

I would...I've bought a tonne of stuff, (just got two double Sticky vinyls and the super deluxe sticky box today), but I couldn't bring myself to buy the Brussels vinyl...it just seemed like they were fleecing us on that one.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 18, 2015 15:49

mitch
Father Ted
We'll see the 10CD box when there's a commercial imperative to do it.
Probably never then.

There's no reason (or time) to release that material now when they're still coining it from their tours. I think it's more likely we'll see big scale anthology releases after they stop as a touring band.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 18, 2015 17:48

If they do any more of these reissues I would think the most logical one to do next is TATTOO YOU. It was their last huge album, it's got possibly their most iconic LP cover.

There's something about that album that works as an entire package just as BB, LIB, SF, EOMS, GHS, IORR, SG, ER and U sonically resemble the artwork of their albums, TY is possibly the greatest of them all in that regard.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 18, 2015 19:03

GasLightStreet
If they do any more of these reissues I would think the most logical one to do next is TATTOO YOU. It was their last huge album, it's got possibly their most iconic LP cover.

There's something about that album that works as an entire package just as BB, LIB, SF, EOMS, GHS, IORR, SG, ER and U sonically resemble the artwork of their albums, TY is possibly the greatest of them all in that regard.

My understanding is Tattoo you was composed of primarily leftovers which
did not make previous albums. This would indicate there are not necessarily
unreleased tracks for Tattoo You. However, it would still be interesting
to hear different versions such as Start Me Up which began as a regee tune.

Date: June 19, 2015 04:04

It was leftovers. Not one song was specifically recorded for TY, they are all tracks from album sessions dating from 1972-1980. But there were some from the TY overdub sessions (ie Jagger) that were left out... Let’s Do It Right and Munich Reggae. And, as we have all learned from the EXILE extras sessions, there may be some songs that were never listed and/or bootlegged... that may even be finished. I doubt that highly.

But.

Seeing that they were considering Tops during the BLACK AND BLUE sessions as well as some others (Criss Cross, Waiting On A Friend, Worried About You, Slave) and even worked further on some (Let's Do It Right, Cellophane Trousers, Munich Reggae) for the album, who knows.

That can all be equated into TATTOO YOU it seems. It's logical, anyway. But then... Mick considered a track from the TSMR sessions for the EXILE extra disc.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 19, 2015 05:09

GasLightStreet

I always thought of it as Start Me Up, and side 2. The rest of it, Neighbors, Hang Fire, were kind of pointless. And the studio version of Long Black Limousine seemed rather stiff.

Date: June 20, 2015 18:12

That's hilarious. I love Hang Fire and Neighbours. The entire album is excellent.

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 20:16

Led Zeppelin's final album Coda was all outtakes from 1970-1978. At the end of July they'll be releasing a deluxe edition with 2 companion discs using outtakes from 1968-1974. The same concept could easily be done for Tattoo You.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home