Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2015 Stage Set Up / Location
Date: June 2, 2015 20:59

Seems to me there is a ton of unused space at the back area of the floor. And to me it kind of takes away from the seats in the back of the lower level. Think it would have been better to move the stage forward another section and not had the big gap in the audience between the back lower level and the floor seats. Never really paid attention to this before. But don't remember it from other tours either.

Re: 2015 Stage Set Up / Location
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 2, 2015 21:15

Do you mean the free area behind the lighting towers in this picture?

[Twitter.com] · [www.iorr.org]

Maybe it's due to security reasons that there must be a empty place ....

Date: June 2, 2015 21:31

Irix
Do you mean the free area behind the lighting towers in this picture?

[Twitter.com] · [www.iorr.org]

Maybe it's due to security reasons that there must be a empty place ....

Yes. Just seems a waste. I know some of the reason is the sound and lighting equipment. But in other pictures from Columbus the area seems a lot bigger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 21:33 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 2, 2015 21:41

Well, one reason is probably that if they pack people in back there, anyone under 180 tall wouldn't be able to see the stage. I've been at stadium shows and when you are 70 yards from the stage, it's impossible to see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 21:42 by drbryant.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 2, 2015 21:55

for ohio, my ticket according to the chart was supposed to be on the side but in front of the stage enough to have a full view (and 3 rows from floor). when i got there, it was right at the end of the stage runway (keith's side) and high enough to be on level with stage. i was quite happy (with keith and mick in front of me a lot and keith got on his knees)....BUT this is the type of ticket i've paid $180 for during previous tours (obstructed view). i couldn't see charlie at all....instead of a clear view through the backstage, it was a tarp (perhaps due to chance of rain)?

it doesn't appear that they were selling any $180s side obstructed view this time around...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 2, 2015 21:59

it's both of those reasons -if you pack em in like sardines there is no outlet and it can get dangerous and its hard to see back there anyway.

i used to go to those stadium shows when they just packed the places and it got crazy.

i was crushed to the point of losing my breath more than once at shows by zep and the who,it wasnt until a couple of years later people actually were killed that we realized how bad it really was-when you're young you think stuff like that is funny,it got real unfunny real fast.

i cant believe you guys still use that festival seating over in europe.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 2, 2015 22:06

lem motlow
it's both of those reasons -if you pack em in like sardines there is no outlet and it can get dangerous and its hard to see back there anyway.

i used to go to those stadium shows when they just packed the places and it got crazy.

i was crushed to the point of losing my breath more than once at shows by zep and the who,it wasnt until a couple of years later people actually were killed that we realized how bad it really was-when you're young you think stuff like that is funny,it got real unfunny real fast.

i cant believe you guys still use that festival seating over in europe.

What's festival seating? it's standing only in front of the stage (although if I remember rightly, Twickenham in 2006 had seats) and people tend to use the gap behind the towers for dancing (ie. not bothered about looking at the band, just listening and dancing.................

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 22:08 by EddieByword.

Date: June 2, 2015 22:18

thats what we call or used to call festival seating-standing room only

it's hard to tell from pictures but if the entire main floor is standing room only you guys probably do it by making a consevative estimate of how many people you let down there.

back in the day we were packed in like bees in a hive and thats how the people were killed.just a mass of humanity that fell in on itself.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 2, 2015 22:24

lem motlow
thats what we call or used to call festival seating-standing room only

it's hard to tell from pictures but if the entire main floor is standing room only you guys probably do it by making a consevative estimate of how many people you let down there.

back in the day we were packed in like bees in a hive and thats how the people were killed.just a mass of humanity that fell in on itself.

AAhh right, ok, no it's pretty much standing only, we had a lot of crushings at football (soccer) matches in Europe in the 1980s which meant that all Premiership football grounds had to install seats throughout but no such problems at concerts, so far anyway...........

Date: June 2, 2015 22:34

EddieByword
AAhh right, ok, no it's pretty much standing only, we had a lot of crushings at football (soccer) matches in Europe in the 1980s which meant that all Premiership football grounds had to install seats throughout but no such problems at concerts, so far anyway...........

yeah,it happened at concerts here so we have seats for that reason.i think standing room only has come back for some shows,i think U2 use it now but i havent seen them for a few years.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 22:40

Standing room only at the July 4th show at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. We will see how that goes.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 3, 2015 00:43

ahhh, those were the days!
seated floor during rock show is a buzzkill

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:29

Hey, that's my Orlando show. Remember it well.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:53

little queenie
for ohio, my ticket according to the chart was supposed to be on the side but in front of the stage enough to have a full view (and 3 rows from floor). when i got there, it was right at the end of the stage runway (keith's side) and high enough to be on level with stage. i was quite happy (with keith and mick in front of me a lot and keith got on his knees)....BUT this is the type of ticket i've paid $180 for during previous tours (obstructed view). i couldn't see charlie at all....instead of a clear view through the backstage, it was a tarp (perhaps due to chance of rain)?

it doesn't appear that they were selling any $180s side obstructed view this time around...

These comments make me concerned about my seats. I'm 8 or 9 rows back and in Seat 20 in the Floor section E. I wonder if my angle is too wide right. Hopefully, this is not the case.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home