Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Rolling Stones Song Choices
Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 3, 2015 22:16

Oh yeah.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 3, 2015 22:17

pepganzo
Like a rolling Stone
The Last Time
Stray Cat Blues

I wonder how old Mick would make the girl in that one nowadays... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
But, since that's no hanging matter, I bet they could pull it off live...

Date: June 3, 2015 22:43

I have to get in the car first. Get situated and then post the picture.

-RS

Date: June 3, 2015 23:04

I can't get my pictures to show, when I get home after the concert I will post them. Promise! Going there right now.

-RS

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 3, 2015 23:10

taz22
If they would JUST DROP "Doom and Gloom" and put in something like All Down The Line or CYHMK or Sway, I'd be somewhat happy.

I honestly believe it they made this small change, folks would be much happier!

Play Don't Stop instead, it worked fine in 2003 - easy going crowd pleaser

Date: June 4, 2015 02:02

mtaylor
taz22
If they would JUST DROP "Doom and Gloom" and put in something like All Down The Line or CYHMK or Sway, I'd be somewhat happy.

It's too soon for "Don't Stop" to return. Anyone who wanted to hear it live could have. They played it at every stadium and arena show on the 'Licks Tour' .

I would rather hear "Mixed Emotions" again for an easy going crowd pleaser or,better yet but not easy going .... "I Go Wild".

Or even better yet,something that they haven't played live in concert yet at all such as "She Saw Me Coming" .

Date: June 4, 2015 02:18

Winning Ugly VXII
I would rather hear "Mixed Emotions" again for an easy going crowd pleaser

Or even better yet,something that they haven't played live in concert yet at all such as "She Saw Me Coming" .
How about "Something Happened to Me Yesterday"? That's a fun one... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 4, 2015 02:23

HearMeKnockin
Winning Ugly VXII

How about "Something Happened to Me Yesterday"? That's a fun one... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I don't think that's a good idea. Especially not to replace the only modern song still left.

"She Saw Me Coming" would fit in just as well as "Don't Stop" and "Doom and Gloom" and "Anybody Seen My Baby" if they could handle playing it. It's got a beat that would keep some of the crowd engaged regardless of whether or not they have heard it before.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 02:26

Winning Ugly VXII
HearMeKnockin
Winning Ugly VXII

I don't think that's a good idea. Especially not to replace the only modern song still left.

"She Saw Me Coming" would fit in just as well as "Don't Stop" and "Doom and Gloom" and "Anybody Seen My Baby" if they could handle playing it. It's got a beat that would keep some of the crowd engaged regardless of whether or not they have heard it before.

there is no better easy-going crowd-pleaser than "not fade away"
it's money.

Date: June 4, 2015 02:32

Winning Ugly VXII
HearMeKnockin
Winning Ugly VXII

It really probably isn't a good idea (I was being a little facetious), but I'm not sure "She Saw Me Coming" is the highest quality track they can put out there. Though if the idea is to get the crowd into it, then it would work and they should by all means do it...

I haven't listened to much modern Stones either, so I'm not terribly well-informed...

Date: June 4, 2015 19:13

AMAZING SHOW! Tell more about it and do my 1,500 word essay tonight!

-RS

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 4, 2015 20:32

Winning Ugly VXII
mtaylor
taz22

It's too soon for "Don't Stop" to return. Anyone who wanted to hear it live could have. They played it at every stadium and arena show on the 'Licks Tour' .

I would rather hear "Mixed Emotions" again for an easy going crowd pleaser or,better yet but not easy going .... "I Go Wild".

Nice! Newer songs! I concur!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 4, 2015 20:35

GasLightStreet

OOC at your service! Charlie did great on that one last night. Love is strong would be nice too. Or something from ABB, but I bet they lack the balls to do that.

Date: June 4, 2015 20:51

It's really funny what they don't - or won't - play. A lot of singles:

Emotional Rescue - for the first time in 300 years it got its live debut in, what, 2012? So why not continue with it? It's a HUGE song.

A slew of 1980s and 90s singles: Hang Fire, Neighbours, One Hit, Winning Ugly, Mixed Emotions, Rock And A Hard Place, Almost Hear You Sigh, Highwire, Sex Drive, Love Is Strong, I Go Wild, Out Of Tears, Anybody Seen My Baby, Saint Of Me. Rough Justice. Biggest Mistake. Plundered My Soul. No Spare Parts.

But they'll play You Got Me Shitting and Out Of Control?

So a good bit of those tracks have been performed live before. But some of them it's been not since 1981 or 1990 or whatever. Fool To Cry is on ever hits comp yet they won't play it. They were singles! They felt they were good enough to be released! Why won't they play them!?

I dunno. They are just resting on their laurels...

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 00:06

Nikkei
GasLightStreet

OOC at your service! Charlie did great on that one last night. Love is strong would be nice too. Or something from ABB, but I bet they lack the balls to do that.

"Newer," of course, being a relative term. "Out of Control" is old enough to vote!

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 5, 2015 07:01

Down The Road Apiece, Black Limousine, I'm Going Down, Soul Survivor, I'm Moving On,and Who's Driving Your Plane.

Date: June 5, 2015 16:56

LongBeachArena72
Nikkei
GasLightStreet

"Newer," of course, being a relative term. "Out of Control" is old enough to vote!

Focking hell, really? Jeeeeeeze. TWO LPs ago to boot.

Date: June 22, 2015 08:01

I hope they will do Ruby Tuesday at Milwaukee.

-RS

Posted by: BIGJAMFAN ()
Date: June 23, 2015 03:13

HAND OF FATE, LUXURY, DANCE LTTLE SISTER, LOVING CUP, SHE WAS HOT.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 04:21

I'd love to see any of these done live more often/at all
-Connection
-Ain't Too Proud to Beg
-Carol
-Too Rude
-Heartbreaker
-Respectable
-Beast of Burden
-Sad Sad Sad
-Mixed Emotions
-Let Me Down Slow
-Rain Fall Down
-You Don't Have to Mean It
-Flip the Switch
-Hang Fire
-As Tears Go By
-Get off of My Cloud

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 04:22 by stones2000.

Date: June 23, 2015 04:23

Me too. Especially Rain Fall Down.

-RS

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home