Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Help. How to download Stones so I can drive.
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:17

dead.flowers
Dandie has a huge heart.

Indeed. DandelionPowderman is the one of the best members on IORR. Not only does he consistantly post worthy opinions he also offers a lot of actual good advice and suggestions.

Posted by: sister ()
Date: June 2, 2015 02:47

johnh
If you have 8 track there are loads of them forsale on the USA Ebay.. if not you then somebody close to you will have an ebay logon... get next day delivery... and thee you go smiling smiley Ebay Stones 8track
for someone from europe like me,please,whats 8 track?Must be a kind of cassette,but no tape on one roll?

Date: June 2, 2015 03:06

sister
for someone from europe like me,please,whats 8 track?Must be a kind of cassette, but no tape on one roll?

It was like a cassette in that it was a small and could play music,
but it was about 1 inch tall, 4 inches wide and about 6 inches long.

It played an endless loop of music using "4 sides" (2 stereo tacks per side).
You could press the button and it would jump 1/4 the way through the album.

It looked liked this when inserted in to a player.

The front and back of a typical 8 track cartridge.

The insides of the an 8 track cartrdige looked like this, and if
you played/owned many of them and you were a kid of little money,
then got to open the frequently to fix them.

From wiki-
In September 1965, Ford Motor Company introduced factory-installed and dealer-installed eight-track tape players as an option on three of its 1966 models (Mustang, Thunderbird, and Lincoln), and RCA Victor introduced 175 Stereo-8 Cartridges from its RCA Victor and RCA Camden artist's catalogs.[8] By the 1967 model year, all of Ford's vehicles offered this tape player upgrade option

Home 8 track players were introduced in 1966 that allowed consumers to share tapes between their homes and portable systems. By the late-1960s, the 8-track segment was the largest in the consumer electronics market and the popularity of 8-track systems for cars helping generate demand for home units.

The format enjoyed a moderate amount of success for a time but faded from consumer use the mid-1970s.

In the US, eight-track cartridges were phased out of retail stores by late 1982. Some titles were still available as eight-track tapes through Columbia House and RCA (BMG) Music Service Record Clubs until late 1988.

At radio stations 8 tracks were used to play and switch jingles, advertisements, station identifications, and music content until it was replaced by various computer-based methods in the 1990s. This format survived longer because it was used for relatively short sound loops, where starting from the beginning was more important than other criteria.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 03:11 by Leonioid.

Date: June 2, 2015 03:16

Thank you Leonioid for you profund answer,now I have somethi g to study during my nightshiftsmiling bouncing smiley

Date: June 2, 2015 03:39

sister
Thank you Leonioid for you profund answer, now I have something to study during my nightshiftsmiling bouncing smiley

My pleasure to help out :)

There is another theory that says 8 tracks were just part of a long term plan to have people buy the same music as many times as possible.... e.g. Buy "Exile" on on LP, Buy "Exile" on 8 Track (which gets stolen repeatedly from car or breaks and has to be rebought 3-4 times), Buy "Exile" on Cassette (which is stolen/breaks and has to be rebought 2-3 times), Buy "Exile" on on CD, Buy "Exile" on remastered CD, Buy "Exile" on digital download, Buy "Exile" on the deluxe edition, Buy "Exile" on on re-release with bonus tracks, Buy "Exile on... mainly just keep buying Exile ;)

Date: June 2, 2015 04:25

Please don't remember me -once someone stole my most loved Stones cassette from my beetle,also while working in the night...do I have to worry right now ?!
No cassettes anymore, the new car has bluetoothsmiling smiley

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: June 2, 2015 04:48

Where at in Maryland do you live ??

I'm in ellicott city

Date: June 2, 2015 05:14

sister
Please don't remember me -once someone stole my most loved Stones cassette from my beetle,also while working in the night...do I have to worry right now ?!
You have my sympathy for losing the music...
and my :) for you having the new technology bluetooth.

I didnt think I was the only who kept getting my cassettes and 8 tracks stolen... DANG IT!! I was not kidding about that part! Those damned 8Tracks were so huge, they were the size of a small brick so we could only put so many "out of sight out of mind" before the glove box was full... and then they were just laying in the back seat, basically a BIG sign saying "please break window and steal me". GRRRRRR!!!!!

You are 100% correct about the new technogy bluetooth stuff so when the thieves look in our car windows now there is nothing to see/steal... so they move on to the next car, the one with the stacks of cash and gold bars in the back seat.

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: June 2, 2015 05:18

Why don't you just have the hooker riding shotgun sing the Stones tunes? Tip her extra to cater the setlist to your liking.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2015 05:21

Leonioid
dead.flowers
Dandie has a huge heart.

Indeed. DandelionPowderman is the one of the best members on IORR. Not only does he consistantly post worthy opinions he also offers a lot of actual good advice and suggestions.

thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 2, 2015 05:28

Leonioid
sister
Thank you Leonioid for you profund answer, now I have something to study during my nightshiftsmiling bouncing smiley

My pleasure to help out :)

There is another theory that says 8 tracks were just part of a long term plan to have people buy the same music as many times as possible.... e.g. Buy "Exile" on on LP, Buy "Exile" on 8 Track (which gets stolen repeatedly from car or breaks and has to be rebought 3-4 times), Buy "Exile" on Cassette (which is stolen/breaks and has to be rebought 2-3 times), Buy "Exile" on on CD, Buy "Exile" on remastered CD, Buy "Exile" on digital download, Buy "Exile" on the deluxe edition, Buy "Exile" on on re-release with bonus tracks, Buy "Exile on... mainly just keep buying Exile ;)

Not to mention that some songs on the 8-track releases sometimes used to have different versions than the official ones, like the Some Girls 8-track.

Date: June 2, 2015 05:34

Leonioid
sister
You have my sympathy for losing the music...
and my :) for you having the new technology bluetooth.

I didnt think I was the only who kept getting my cassettes and 8 tracks stolen... DANG IT!! I was not kidding about that part! Those damned 8Tracks were so huge, they were the size of a small brick so we could only put so many "out of sight out of mind" before the glove box was full... and then they were just laying in the back seat, basically a BIG sign saying "please break window and steal me". GRRRRRR!!!!!

You are 100% correct about the new technogy bluetooth stuff so when the thieves look in our car windows now there is nothing to see/steal... so they move on to the next car, the one with the stacks of cash and gold bars in the back seat.
winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 2, 2015 05:36

But But those ole 8tracker's use ta change over like
half way thru certain songs ... Ya Ya's comes ta mind

ROCKMAN

Date: June 2, 2015 06:38

sister
Thank you Leonioid for you profund answer,now I have somethi g to study during my nightshiftsmiling bouncing smiley

Plus I kind of owed a real answer to this question which was asked a couple of weeks ago and I thought they were kidding and I answered kiddingly.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 06:41

Leonioid
dead.flowers
Dandie has a huge heart.

I agree

Date: June 2, 2015 08:12

Leonioid
sister

Plus I kind of owed a real answer to this question which was asked a couple of weeks ago and I thought they were kidding and I answeredkiddingly.
Glad ,you didn't tell me ,its a frisbee ;-)

Date: June 2, 2015 08:43

sister
Leonioid
sister

Plus I kind of owed a real answer to this question which was asked a couple of weeks ago and I thought they were kidding and I answeredkiddingly.
Glad ,you didn't tell me ,its a frisbee ;-)
:D

Date: June 2, 2015 08:46

But I do still have, use and like my Frisbees... they last forever.

^not mine, but one like mine :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 08:48 by Leonioid.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 2, 2015 09:04

FeelinRealWell
Why don't you just have the hooker riding shotgun sing the Stones tunes? Tip her extra to cater the setlist to your liking.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PART One:

Now, see, that's just baiting...like entrapment or something... we want the hooker remarks to stop from onlystones, yet this type of baiting occurs.

Two Wrongs Do Not Make A Right.

I definitely see why onlystones' posts have been unpopular & I agree with those posters who have confronted onlystones re. untruthful or at least very suspicious postings. I 100% agree that lies should not be tolerated here. If I had been busting my as* to try to get into one of those 2 small shows I would have been LIVID to learn of untruthful postings that may have caused a distraction to the real fans trying to figure out the logistics, details, etc re. getting into those shows. When every moment counted, onlystones' posts took up their very precious time to read which could've hurt their chances of getting the right info.I'm referring to the LA show. Re. the Belly Up Show, the descriptions onlystones gave of the person he allegedly bribed & references to drugs/hooker could've hurt a lot of innocent people.

If we want the distasteful hooker postings to end then everybody has to do the same. And I sure as the he** want the distasteful hooker/female postings to end, period, by any one. And I've expressed that opinion albiet sort of indirectly-see Search under words "old whore" on another thread previously, having nothing to do with onlystones. Also, besides my reaction to the "old whore" post, Search under simply "whore" & you'll find several recent examples from posters other than onlystones. I'm sick of it.

Unless.....unless....you're someone who doesn't really care about the hooker postings because maybe you are really more into berating onlystones more than extinguishing his hooker posts behavior? Be honest with yourselves, please, and do the right thing.

PART TWO:

NOTE TO onlystones: I hope what I'm getting ready to say does not offend you, I am trying to be helpful to you. I know you love the Stones & Mick Jagger- so do I & therefore we are just like you, we all would like to communicate with other people about the Stones.

I understand you when you say that your life is The Stones. My life, lots of people's lives, &your life= we're all the same-sometimes our lives are not very big. sometimes our world becomes very small. The reasons for that may differ from person to person but it happens to all of us from time to time. Being a caretaker can be an isolating experience. Having drug use or any type of health problem, physical or emotional, also can isolate oneself. Running a large business doesn't always mean you have a lot of disposable income--that can all be complicated. But it isn't effective to tell lies online to make your life seem more interesting/appealing to other people. It only hurts you.

HOWEVER--yes, here's the inevitable however smiling smiley OK Here goes- you were wrong to post untruthful, blatant lies about your Stones' small show activities and any other lies/misleading info about any thing--WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. And if you had ever just directly admitted it & apologized, you probably would have been surprised at how you would have been forgiven.

Recently, you've shared some personal info. about yourself, i.e. your mother's health & the difficulty caretaking poses,, your past & even current substance use---that kind of truthfulness is appreciated.

However, it seems like you do still say inconsistent things...or maybe it's just a communication problem?? For ex. you say you have a private plane yet you're driving cars so old they have an 8 track player. Maybe there;s a good logical explanation for that but you don't bother to explain it to us. Of course it's understandable that you'd rather drive or need to drive your own vehicles rather than take your plane or any plane sometimes. O.K. I get that-but why would you have to drive such old cars? You might have a very logical, truthful reason but you don't explain that at all== You just get angry & defensive & don't help us understand the inconsistency.

You say you have almost no experience posting messages to other people on the internet. I believe you. So let me please point out to you that communicating over the internet, typing to people who don't know you, is more difficult than in-person communication. Everyone, not just you, has to take extra time to explain things that appear to be inconsistent. In person talking doesn't require so much extra attention to this detail. But instead of explaining your inconsistencies, you just get mad & refuse to explain.

Don't you know that it is not necessary to tell lies in order to make yourself seem interesting to us? It's obvious that sometimes you think you are merely ENTERTAINING us, but it comes off just the opposite. It is not entertaining. It is a Turn-Off. Do you think you have to tell lies in order to be liked? If so, you've got it all backwards.

Just be your truthful, real self, no exaggerations, not even a little white lie, not even a little "fib." It makes people feel used & and other negative things when you post your creative imaginary life posts.

And stop any distasteful remarks about females or hookers--it's not funny. Just stop onlystones, and then you'll feel better I bet, more respected by us.

At least we will feel better & more respected BY YOU.

Thanks for listening everyone. I know this has been a lengthy post. I probably won't ever want to repeat any of this again.

P.S. To onlystones: I don't know everyone's mind here but I feel like no one really wants you to stop participating in iorr.org. If we did why would so many people have been trying to answer your question on this Thread you originated? They're trying to give you the practical advice you asked for.

Good Luck on your long distance driving....personally, I'm a little concerned that you are driving such old vehicles--only an old vehicle would have an 8 track tape---very old! So be careful please.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 12:01 by tauk.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: June 2, 2015 11:27

Get yourself a Vincent Black shadow

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 2, 2015 11:57

Outstanding and thoughtful post by tauk. I'll definitely second that!!!

Date: June 2, 2015 12:05

The Stones
Outstanding and thoughtful post by tauk. I'll definitely second that!!!

Thanks "The Stones".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 12:13 by tauk.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 2, 2015 12:37

Leonioid
dead.flowers
Dandie has a huge heart.

I totally agree. DP is a great Stones fan, outright a whole bunch of nice guys, a very integer individual, and, imho, one of the most valued posters on this board. I much appreciate his being round here.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:11

welp, onlystones is gone...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:15

alieb

Some of his posts ala dead hookers must have been too much like 'Too much blood'.........

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:24

EddieByword
alieb

Some of his posts ala dead hookers must have been too much like 'Too much blood'.........

too bad that he ruined it for himself with those. He was really making valuable contributions near the end.

Anyways, this thread has taught me some valuable things for if and when I decide to roadtrip across the states!

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:33

this thread is funny... and a bit sad too!

first I am wondering why BV hasn't swooped down and put a stop to this but I have an idea why it hasn't.

too some of you have great pictures of 8 tracks...I remember only too well my Kraco player from Kmart and the case we carried our 8 tracks in. 5 to a row and 4 across...rotating them weekly. lots of Quicksilver Messenger Service, Van Morrison. Rolling Stones, Allman Brothers and Les Dudak....

why continue killing "onlystones" you would think the point has been made and seen by everyone. not in his defense but maybe its time to let it go?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:35

chevysales

first I am wondering why BV hasn't swooped down and put a stop to this but I have an idea why it hasn't.

too some of you have great pictures of 8 tracks...I remember only too well my Kraco player from Kmart and the case we carried our 8 tracks in. 5 to a row and 4 across...rotating them weekly. lots of Quicksilver Messenger Service, Van Morrison. Rolling Stones, Allman Brothers and Les Dudak....

why continue killing "onlystones" you would think the point has been made and seen by everyone. not in his defense but maybe its time to let it go?

Well, he he sort of has, onlystones has been disconnected / banned

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:36

Just.add more data to your plan.

Date: June 2, 2015 21:00

EddieByword
chevysales

Well, he he sort of has, onlystones has been disconnected / banned

When did he get banned? Did he have a chance to read my long post that I wrote last night?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2177
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home