Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: give keith 3 songs instead of 2?
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:42

philrock90
Keith should do little t and a and connection

agreed. both underrated songs.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 2, 2015 02:49

They should have Keith sing "Memory Motel" smileys with beer

Date: June 2, 2015 05:55

HearMeKnockin
They should have Keith sing "Memory Motel" smileys with beer

Great idea
This could be the one that mick and Keith share just like on the studio version

Still waiting for follow up from AEG on whether this is a go for Minneapolis.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: June 2, 2015 06:59

If you go back in time far enough, it used to be that he got none.

Then it went to one.

Now it's two.

In my opinion, no offense, but the most boring part of any Stones concert is the Keith part.

I think they should go back to one.

Date: June 2, 2015 07:04

Chacho

Then it went to one.

Now it's two.

In my opinion, no offense, but the most boring part of any Stones concert is the Keith part.

I am offended.

Date: June 2, 2015 07:08

Chacho

Then it went to one.

Now it's two.

I must respectfully disagree. Thirty years ago, I might've agreed, but now... now, Mick's voice is totally shot to my ears, and Keith's voice is great for a 71 year old man who did heroin for a decade. Or at least compared to Mick's. Happy is now a highlight over Tumbling Dice. I heard Mick's voice at the Glastonbury festival two years back, and it was terrible. He's gone from a great singer to a decrepit rapper... whereas Keith's gotten almost better with age. Keith just needs to do more of his upbeat stuff, maybe toss some solo stuff in there, and he'd probably upstage Mick.
Come to think of it, maybe that's why they do less Keith stuff.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 07:43

HearMeKnockin
Chacho

Then it went to one.

Now it's two.

I must respectfully disagree. Thirty years ago, I might've agreed, but now... now, Mick's voice is totally shot to my ears, and Keith's voice is great for a 71 year old man who did heroin for a decade. Or at least compared to Mick's. Happy is now a highlight over Tumbling Dice. I heard Mick's voice at the Glastonbury festival two years back, and it was terrible. He's gone from a great singer to a decrepit rapper... whereas Keith's gotten almost better with age. Keith just needs to do more of his upbeat stuff, maybe toss some solo stuff in there, and he'd probably upstage Mick.

I agree that Keith just keeps getting better! After listening to Slipping Away from Stripped, I think he sounded even better in San Diego. My guess is that it's just been longer since he stopped the drugs/cut down on smoking, so he's had longer for his voice to recover and reach full potential

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 07:44 by stones2000.

Date: June 2, 2015 07:46

stones2000
HearMeKnockin
Chacho

Then it went to one.

Now it's two.

I agree that Keith just keeps getting better! After listening to Slipping Away from Stripped, I think he sounded even better in San Diego. My guess is that it's just been longer since he stopped the drugs/cut down on smoking, so he's had longer for his voice to recover and reach full potential

totally agree. he is also getting better about playing guitar and singing at the same time, something he seemed to struggle to do for the last 10 or 15 years.

i think if we stick with the standard 2 keith song break for mick in the middle, and then at the end have mick and keith end up both singing on a song like "memory motel" or "salt of the earth", that would be great. then for the encore come back with some great rockers, even warhorses, but best of all a chuck berry cover sung by mick.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 07:49

Turner68
stones2000
HearMeKnockin
Chacho

Then it went to one.

Now it's two.

totally agree. he is also getting better about playing guitar and singing at the same time, something he seemed to struggle to do for the last 10 or 15 years.

i think if we stick with the standard 2 keith song break for mick in the middle, and then at the end have mick and keith end up both singing on a song like "memory motel" or "salt of the earth", that would be great. then for the encore come back with some great rockers, even warhorses, but best of all a chuck berry cover sung by mick.

Man that would be cool, a duet of Memory Motel

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2015 17:15

Turner68
Munichhilton
Stoneage
None would be best. I'm sure Jagger could change his shirt or jacket (or both) without Keith having to belt out two numbers. Which, by the way, is more and more becoming just a boring routine.
They could cut out the band introduction as well. It's just time consuming. And I guess we know their names by now...

This is outrageous
I've forgotten the keyboard players name countless times and am always obliged when Michael reminds me...

the wisecracks as the expense of ronnie and to a lesser extent charlie during the intros are also priceless... in fact, i've heard it said they alone were worth the price of admission... indeed, one of the main reasons wyman is missed by some is the wisecracks about him mick would make in the intros.

"

bill couldn't handle the wisecracks anymore and is now content simply taking photographs of girls legs.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 23:16

Keith 3
Ronnie 3
Charlie = drum solo
bernard a few off his new CD

..and then rest to Mick

Date: June 2, 2015 23:27

Stones50
Keith 3
Ronnie 3
Charlie = drum solo

..and then rest to Mick

man i think you're on to something, but what about letting charlie bring out the rest of his orchestra and having the charlie watts orchestra perform a jazz standard?

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 23:30

like it

Date: June 3, 2015 00:52

Turner68
Stones50
Keith 3
Ronnie 3
Charlie = drum solo

..and then rest to Mick
man i think you're on to something, but what about letting charlie bring out the rest of his orchestra and having the charlie watts orchestra perform a jazz standard?

How about just having Jagger play slide and letting Keith and Ronnie trade off vocals for the whole show with (possibly) a brief interlude for the Charlie Watts Jazz Orchestra?

Date: June 3, 2015 00:55

HearMeKnockin
Turner68
Stones50
Keith 3
Ronnie 3
Charlie = drum solo

..and then rest to Mick

How about just having Jagger play slide and letting Keith and Ronnie trade off vocals for the whole show with (possibly) a brief interlude for the Charlie Watts Jazz Orchestra?

oh man. there would be very few complaints about too many war horses.

and the opening band could be bill wyman and the rhythm kings. that would be great.

Date: June 3, 2015 01:03

Turner68
HearMeKnocking
Turner68
Stones50
Keith 3
Ronnie 3
Charlie = drum solo

..and then rest to Mick

oh man. there would be very few complaints about too many war horses.

and the opening band could be bill wyman and the rhythm kings. that would be great.
smileys with beer

Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: June 3, 2015 05:19

give Ronnie one...way more entertaining..

Date: June 3, 2015 05:21

I would be fine with "Sure the One You Need" and 2x Richards lead vocals but,it is not likely to happen.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: June 3, 2015 05:30

At least Keith takes risks: All About You and Wanna Hold You in 97. Sometimes the risks flop, but at least he took them.

Date: June 3, 2015 05:37

He does hang in there with them. Unlike Jagger many times. ("It Won't Take Long")

"Wanna Hold You" was played for every show during '97 / '98. "All About You" for most '97 shows and a couple of times in Europe '99.

Jagger would have completely given up on something like "Can't Be Seen" by the way it started out in 2014 but Richards hung in there until they got it down better ... at least a couple of times such as the version at the PinkPop festival.

Date: June 3, 2015 05:48

Winning Ugly VXII
He does hang in there with them. Unlike Jagger many times. ("It Won't Take Long")

"Wanna Hold You" was played for every show during '97 / '98. "All About You" for most '97 shows and a couple of times in Europe '99.

Jagger would have completely given up on something like "Can't Be Seen" by the way it started out in 2014 but Richards hung in there until they got it down better ... at least a couple of times such as the version at the PinkPop festival.

Absolutely. Would go a long way to fixing the stale set list problem if he played more.

Date: June 3, 2015 07:32

Turner68
Winning Ugly VXII
He does hang in there with them. Unlike Jagger many times. ("It Won't Take Long"winking smiley

Absolutely. Would go a long way to fixing the stale set list problem if he played more.
I think at this point, I would rather listen to Keith sing the entirety of Talk Is Cheap live than to Mick sing the entirety of SF live. Because Mick. Can. NOT. SING. As I said earlier, he's turned into a decrepit rapper... and Keith's solo stuff isn't so bad and I won't be hearing it for the millionth time.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: June 3, 2015 14:51

I would prefer one Keith-song rather than two. And sure it would be nice if the one Keith song was Memory Motel.

Date: June 3, 2015 17:34

HearMeKnockin
Turner68
Winning Ugly VXII
He does hang in there with them. Unlike Jagger many times. ("It Won't Take Long"winking smiley

I think at this point, I would rather listen to Keith sing the entirety of Talk Is Cheap live than to Mick sing the entirety of SF live. Because Mick. Can. NOT. SING. As I said earlier, he's turned into a decrepit rapper... and Keith's solo stuff isn't so bad and I won't be hearing it for the millionth time.

It sounds as though you're suggesting Mick's singing is as good as Keith's guitar playing. I can't accept that.

Date: June 4, 2015 02:47

treaclefingers
HearMeKnockin
Turner68
Winning Ugly VXII

It sounds as though you're suggesting Mick's singing is as good as Keith's guitar playing. I can't accept that.
...So I would be saying Keith's guitar playing is terrible? I'm the only one who brought up the subject of singing, so I'm assuming you're responding to me, but I said Mick can't sing. So Keith is better than Mick.
Can we be friends again? smileys with beer

Date: June 4, 2015 02:51

treaclefingers
HearMeKnockin
Turner68
Winning Ugly VXII

Nor can I.

Date: June 4, 2015 06:50

HearMeKnockin
treaclefingers
HearMeKnockin
Turner68
Winning Ugly VXII

...So I would be saying Keith's guitar playing is terrible? I'm the only one who brought up the subject of singing, so I'm assuming you're responding to me, but I said Mick can't sing. So Keith is better than Mick.
Can we be friends again? smileys with beer

we can be friends, but we're never to speak of this nonsense in public again.

Date: June 4, 2015 09:05

keith sounded great tonight in MN

Date: June 5, 2015 06:16

Turner68

vocally or guitarally?

Date: June 5, 2015 06:25

treaclefingers
Turner68
vocally or guitarally?
Vocally he had to sound better than Mick...

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2329
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home