Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: give keith 3 songs instead of 2?
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 23:32

RipThisBone
philrock90
Turner68
RipThisBone
thumbs down You can't read?

yes slots 6,8, and 10 are all available for wild horses.

they could play
4. sway
5. dead flowers
6. wild horses
7. dead flowers
8. wild horses
9. CYHMK
10. wildhorses

he's saying as possibilities for each show like mix it up abit

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

I don't care if they play WILD HORSES all night long by the way.

they would definitely need mick taylor back if they were going to do that. while his noodling is a bit much on a 4 minute song, on a 2 hour long wild horses it would be essential.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 1, 2015 01:09

None would be best. I'm sure Jagger could change his shirt or jacket (or both) without Keith having to belt out two numbers. Which, by the way, is more and more becoming just a boring routine.
They could cut out the band introduction as well. It's just time consuming. And I guess we know their names by now...

Date: June 1, 2015 04:19

Stoneage
None would be best. I'm sure Jagger could change his shirt or jacket (or both) without Keith having to belt out two numbers. Which, by the way, is more and more becoming just a boring routine.
They could cut out the band introduction as well. It's just time consuming. And I guess we know their names by now...

The Jagger lead vocal songs are becoming just a boring routine. "Tumbling Dice" with spoken lyrics instead of actual singing. I can hardly believe that people are so enthusiastic about hearing a pre-programmed beat that they can't put up with some real music for ten minutes.

Just can't wait to hear 60,000 drunk people singing "whoo - whoo" and "hey-hey you got me rocking" for the 100th time.

Date: June 1, 2015 04:45

OK so the response has been pretty resoundingly in favor of moving to 3 Keith songs. I will be communicating this to AEG tomorrow morning and we'll see if we can make it happen in time for the Minneapolis show. Keith and Mick are both going to be really excited. I will give them the idea to do one of the 3 songs with Mick on stage and them singing together (e.g. Connection, Happy, etc)

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 1, 2015 04:46

Coming Down Again would be awesome.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 1, 2015 05:02

Keith would do three Keith songs. I like his songs but I'd rather see/hear the Stones do a cover. Bring out the Chuck Berry tunes, or blues tunes.

Date: June 1, 2015 05:03

flacnvinyl
Keith would do three Keith songs. I like his songs but I'd rather see/hear the Stones do a cover. Bring out the Chuck Berry tunes, or blues tunes.

that's a great idea too. so many great chuck berry tunes they could do. it would harken back to their classic tours of the past, wouldn't be hard for them to re-learn, and would give a good tip of the hat to chuck.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 1, 2015 05:04

flacnvinyl

Sometimes I don't even know you...

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 05:11

StonedAsia
Coming Down Again would be awesome.

No chance..... That's something that most real fans would love to hear, and as we know, they don't play for their real fans.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 1, 2015 05:41

Honestly though, I was hoping for the longest time that Keith would mix things up. He does such a stellar job when he takes chances...

Keith has the perfect opportunity in his set to play anything he wants. Heck I was really hoping at San Diego that he might pull out a Jerry Lee Lewis song! Yesterday I was listening to Hail Hail Rockroll.. One of my all time favorites. I could listen to Keith's solos and riffs all day long.

Unfortunately, the complacency of Mick and Keith means we are very unlikely to hear anything adventurous. To that effect, we are unlikely to see anything 'normal' either! This is a Stones oldies act. All your favorite FM hits, performed every night. On most tours the Stones would cover a blues tune, soul tune, whatever.. Now, we don't even get that.

Keith could take chances even if Mick doesn't want to. The problem for all of us, is that WE are the only wants wanting them to take chances. Seriously, thats the problem.

The Rolling Stones are perfectly happy playing the same setlist to everyone. We'll never see another No Security tour, or anything close to the themed setlists of Licks.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2015 05:43

Munichhilton
flacnvinyl

Sometimes I don't even know you...

That's what she said.

Date: June 1, 2015 05:44

Why don't we just start with him singing one song well, and move the bar when we get through that hurdle?

Date: June 1, 2015 05:47

treaclefingers
Why don't we just start with him singing one song well, and move the bar when we get through that hurdle?

Which one do you mean, Mick or Keith? Surely you don't mean both, that would be a very short show. Unless you're getting on board with the proposal that they play wild horses all night long....

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: June 1, 2015 05:54

terry
Two songs is more than enough,anymore and we're all be asleep

I am changing my statement to;
I humbly disagree.
After spending 15 hours at various bars I was in a rather interesting mood.
Take care, people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 19:52 by eyesoftheworld.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 06:15

eyesoftheworld
terry
Two songs is more than enough,anymore and we're all be asleep

BLASHPHAMY.

I love hearing Keith sing.

He's probably the most badass guy that ever lived.
I know Mick is on the same level and Ronnie and the boys are close, but the guy is an enigma.

I can't say more, but the @#$%& rolling stones are rock stars, of the biggest kind. spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs upsmileys with beer

Don't hate the game, or the players, unless you want to.

Keith is a badass and anytime I get to see him or the guys and gal play, it is a blessing and I hope I don't have to travel to Europe to see them the next year, but I have to, I will,.

Very well put! I was absolutely blown away at the San Diego show! I thought he was in incredible form, and loved hearing Slipping Away. I love that Keith really enjoys doing the shows, and he's just as amazing as he's ever been (maybe even more so, considering that travelling is even harder on him now at 71)

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 1, 2015 07:55

It is quite true about Keith being a badass, and I mean that in the most loving way! If you want the definition of 'badass' or 'rockstar', you will find only 2 words; Keith Richards. Period. I might even add Bobby Keys to the badass def cos he definitely was.

Date: June 1, 2015 14:30

Turner68
treaclefingers

Which one do you mean, Mick or Keith? Surely you don't mean both, that would be a very short show. Unless you're getting on board with the proposal that they play wild horses all night long....

Look man, don't be calling me Shirley.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: June 1, 2015 15:11

I certainly enjoyed his 3 song greatest hits set in Sydney last year - Silver , Happy and Run. All killer and no filler!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 1, 2015 15:31

Why does he do 3 songs like the 2 times its happened? Is there any rhyme or reason to it?

Date: June 1, 2015 16:06

RollingFreak
Why does he do 3 songs like the 2 times its happened? Is there any rhyme or reason to it?

With the Australia gigs I think Mick was having some vocal issues and I remember our discussing it at that time...Mick giving his voice a bit of an extra break.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 16:10

Keith should stick on 2 and a bit later give one to Ronnie (IORR?)

Date: June 1, 2015 18:10

jammingedward
I certainly enjoyed his 3 song greatest hits set in Sydney last year - Silver , Happy and Run. All killer and no filler!

Yes!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 1, 2015 18:45

Winning Ugly VXII
Stoneage

The Jagger lead vocal songs are becoming just a boring routine. "Tumbling Dice" with spoken lyrics instead of actual singing. I can hardly believe that people are so enthusiastic about hearing a pre-programmed beat that they can't put up with some real music for ten minutes.

Just can't wait to hear 60,000 drunk people singing "whoo - whoo" and "hey-hey you got me rocking" for the 100th time.

Imagine the situation that both of us are right here. Where does that leave us? With both the warhorses and Keith's set gone. A Stones setlist consisting of 3-4 songs?

Date: June 1, 2015 19:09

Stoneage
Winning Ugly VXII
Stoneage

Imagine the situation that both of us are right here. Where does that leave us? With both the warhorses and Keith's set gone. A Stones setlist consisting of 3-4 songs?

if you're bored with the stones, there's always kid rock...

Date: June 1, 2015 19:11

RollingFreak

Maybe it's just to give Mick a break, if he's particularly tired that day?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:14

Mick and tired don't match. It was a case of laryngitis, which sadly got the most scenic event of the tour cancelled.

Date: June 1, 2015 22:29

Nikkei
Mick and tired don't match. It was a case of laryngitis, which sadly got the most scenic event of the tour cancelled.

Yeah you're right, tired was the wrong choice of words smiling smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:35

Stoneage

This is outrageous
I've forgotten the keyboard players name countless times and am always obliged when Michael reminds me...

Date: June 1, 2015 22:38

Munichhilton
Stoneage

This is outrageous
I've forgotten the keyboard players name countless times and am always obliged when Michael reminds me...

the wisecracks as the expense of ronnie and to a lesser extent charlie during the intros are also priceless... in fact, i've heard it said they alone were worth the price of admission... indeed, one of the main reasons wyman is missed by some is the wisecracks about him mick would make in the intros.

"

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:41

Keith should do little t and a and connection

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2379
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home