Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Who is BV?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2015 05:38

crumbling_mice
treaclefingers
crumbling_mice
Christ on a bike, I wish I hadn't posted now...I should have done my research! Do I actually read posts? I should have supplied more information about me! I knew he was from Scandanavia, but no, I couldn't put my hand on my heart and say for certain it was Norway.

The intention of the original post was to say a big thanks to BV and also it would be interesting to know more about him, nothing deep.

I hope we've completely crushed you...serves you right

YOu so did...thank the lord it's over.

It isn't over...you're rising like a phoenix from the ashes!

Date: June 1, 2015 05:41

Naturalust
treaclefingers
Naturalust
Certainly not your typical Stones fan that's for sure. And with a name like Bjornulf I imagine there's some viking blood in there somewhere.

My greatest thanks is that a guy from Norway decided to use English as the language for this great board. thumbs up

peace

On the other hand, BV is the single reason I haven't to this point in my life learned Norwegian!

lol. Just imagine the many folks here who are using translators and English-to-whatever books in order to digest and post here! That's actually pretty cool and committed...although these are generally the same folks for whom your humor goes right over their heads treacle! smoking smiley

peace

...that's a good point that I hadn't even considered. they're getting a crash course in irony!

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: June 1, 2015 05:46

He's a nice guy, that's all I know about him....

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 1, 2015 08:07

BV works in his hotel room during the day and goes to the shows at night (except when he goes on a bike ride). All I know about his line of work is that it is computer-related.

During the ABB shows in Europe '07, I ran into him at several of the shows. It was just uncanny.He often would wander about the stade floor(pitch, the Europeans call it), at least during the warm up act. He was friendly -- when he saw me, he would come up to me and chat.

We are all indebted to him for the long hours it takes to keep this site going.

plexi

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 1, 2015 10:22

Sorry about my comments crumbling mice.

I say things on the spur of the moment without getting my brain in gear.

I can see your intentions were innocent. smileys with beer

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 1, 2015 10:39

To crumblingmice:

Aww these guys just feel like it's their duty to initiate the newest students here, where I call it Rolling Stones University (RSU). I just completed my 1st semester (haven't been hazed yet though...but I'm always on the look-out for it).

Just kidding.

Anyone who can come up with the line "Christ on a bike!" will be sure to fit into this web site. Glad to have you join us. Congrats on your grace under pressure-you came through with flying colors! I don't think everyone could do as well as you.

Here's initial mini-quiz for you crumblingmice or anyone else who feels like it

Q. Who are the two persons speaking in the dialogue that follows:
HINT: They're certainly a couple of, ahem, "characters".

"You can't stay here........ You'll have to go....... You wouldn't like it here.....You wouldn't fit in".

"Not like it?...I love it..." I'm determined to fit in."

"I see... So it's that bad, eh?" cool smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 12:30 by tauk.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 1, 2015 11:01

BV is a very nice man, who dedicates a big part of his life to running IORR - and helping everyone who uses this site.

To my knowledge he is not in any way an official/paid part of the Stones organisation. Of course he must have good contacts, and somehow manages to get tickets for almost every gig (even the private ones).

I think the most difficult bit of this unpaid "job" (dedication, passion, what ever you call it) is treading that line between giving us the freedom to comment/chatter/criticise, and not putting the Stones at risk or insulting people.

A friend to many many Stones fans - most of whom have never met him or had the opportunity to say "thanks mate"

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 1, 2015 13:29

In the old days it's been the IORR mags . .

And to be honest when I first met him in 99 in London I was a bit surprised, cause he was so reserved.Over the years he made a great job!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 13:38 by CousinC.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 1, 2015 14:23

He's a mystery wrapped in an enigma and hard to find in a crowded Columbus bar - I REALLY wanted to buy him a drink!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 1, 2015 15:25

It's incredible he's got time to run a blog such as this and keep it running smoothly and up to date, etc...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 1, 2015 15:26

5stringTele
^^ Before you can don that coat, you have to be able to fill his shoes.

thumbs up

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 1, 2015 15:27

“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called bv.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called bv.”

“Some say that his voice can only be heard by cats, and that he has two sets of knees. All we know is he’s called bv.”

“Some say that on really warm days he sheds his skin like a snake, and that for some reason he’s allergic to the Dutch. All we know is he’s called bv.”

“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’. All we know is he’s called bv.”

“Some say that each of his toenails are exactly the same as a woman’s nipples, and that he thinks the credit crunch is some kind of breakfast cereal. All we know is he’s called bv.”

(Some say I borrowed these quotes from TopGear).

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: June 1, 2015 15:29

eyesoftheworld
He's a nice guy, that's all I know about him....

and extremely patient most of the time.

I know I'd lose it at least once a day with the likes of me you guys!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 1, 2015 20:42

Well, I'm truly touched...as I stated earlier it was intended as an innocent question which, despite me being a fairly long serving member of IORR, I genuinely don't know much about the guy and when you don;t know much, you fill in the gaps from your imagination... I wasn't wanting to know personal details, it was more about how many shows he's been to, which was the first etc...does he know any of the band personally. Maybe it's better to just let my imagination run wild!

Whatever, he does, I hope he keeps on keeping on and doesn't take this the wrong way. Thanks for the Irony, sympathy, empathy, sarcasm and insults...I enjoyed them all equally, and no, I wasn't offended by any of it...us northern English blokes are tougher than you imagine, it's what we call in blighty 'banter'.

However, in future I'm going to stick to Taylor V Wood type threads eye popping smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home