Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 33
Re: Columbus OH USA 30-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:53

Can someone please tell me why the put all the american stadiums full of chairs for the concerts?
Are the americans too lazy to come already in the afternoon to get a good seat?
Or that they can leave their places during the concert to get a burger to eat?
Please clear it up for me.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:09

StonedRambler
Can someone please tell me why the put all the american stadiums full of chairs for the concerts?

Not all US stadium shows are all seated; the U2 360 shows were GA on the stadium floor;
As someone else pointed out, it's a pricing thing, if you did the whole floor GA you would be selling those tickets for $150-$175 at best instead of $400......

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:11

Doesn't make sense to me, but must be something to do with insurance, management decisions, seats make more money than GA..............who knows.

Could never understand why the Twickenham Stadium gigs were all seats when they played there. Security were very good cos all the streetwise fans went up to the rail and were not sent away as even people in seats who were not standing up could see O.K.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:13

Good Luck to all who are going, Have a wonderful Stones experience. I wish I was there. I cant sit still. I am going to follow along on RS.com and IORR.

All your sickness I can suck it up. Throw it all at me I just shrug it off.

My pizza's burning.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:13

could very well be related to the american's with disabilities act - public venues have to guarantee proper access and accommodation for people with disabilities.

it's probably also practical. there are lots of fans the stone's age in wheelchairs, or having trouble walking. also, veterans. realistically the average age at these shows is about 50.

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:16

Had a lot to do with The Who show in Cincinnati in 1980, I think. A lot of people got killed after being trampled on at a general admission show.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:20

Arrived in Columbus. Can't find Rockman anywhere... [Grumble] Won't be the same.

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:20

It has to do with the following (based on my professional experience):

1. More revenues for seated shows (you could never charge $500 face value for a GA ticket).

2. Liability

3. Insurance

4. Other reasons unique to each venue

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:41

funky415
The Sicilian
peoplewitheyes
Forgive my ignorance, but is it the norm to fill the floor of the stadium with chairs? I haven't been to a stadium gig in a decade or more, but it used to be all open (and free to attempt to move your way forward).

Looks like the same type they used on the 1997 tour. A row of cheap foldup plastic chairs. How about general admission sometime?

Those were the same type of chairs they had on the floor in San Diego. They are very small and very weak. The one in front of me in San Diego actually broke and the entire row could be pushed back and forth. I'm fine paying the big bucks for good seats on the floor but I want something in return for my $1K and the cheap seats we had in San Diego and the ones that are being used tonight in Columbus are just unacceptable at these prices IMHO. That's all on that topic. The show will rock tonight.

Exactly. Back in 1997, when the Stones strolled out to the B-Stage, everyone stood on top of the chairs for a better view (once some people start to stand on the chair then everyone has to in order to see). Those chairs were VERY fragile and a few crumbled under the stress 150 - 250 lbs standing on it, let alone trying to dance.

Date: May 30, 2015 22:44

StonedRambler

This all started, or ended, back when The Who played Cincinnati on December 3, 1979, when 11 kids were killed and many others were trampled and seriously injured from the charging crowd trying to get the best spot on the floor at the arena.

Not trying to funny, but like the "day the music died" it was the day that general admission went away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 22:50 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:48

Posting the previously asked question... Where's the bar with the Stones' crowd?

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:49

flacnvinyl
I seriously hope you all have a wonderful show tonight! This is the one gig I had planned to attend but got sabotage by a family event. I will definitely be following along via phone and Twitter.

If any of you have floor seats tonight it would be awesome to see a few photos of where the PA system hang in relation to the seating chart. The floor layout is very similar while the other stadiums on the tour as opposed to San Diego which had to compensate for the baseball layout.

Drake, I'll get some floor pics for you, I'm on the floor. :-)

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:53

Turner68
could very well be related to the american's with disabilities act - public venues have to guarantee proper access and accommodation for people with disabilities.

it's probably also practical. there are lots of fans the stone's age in wheelchairs, or having trouble walking. also, veterans. realistically the average age at these shows is about 50.

The average age of the floor seats at a Stones show is probably closer to 60!

I doubt the disabilities act has anything to do with the chairs. They have special sections for wheelchairs and access issues are pretty well already dealt with by the venues compliance with that act.

I think it just boils down to how much easier it is to make considerably more money by selling specific seats vs. a GA approach. People are more comfortable shelling out hundreds of dollars knowing they have a safe a guaranteed spot to sit, and they are definitely more comfortable shelling out thousands knowing they will have a seat near the stage.

Simple economics hardly touched by the cost of those cheap ass plastic excuses for seats.

peace

Date: May 30, 2015 22:56

Can we get a list of people broadcasting on Periscope. All the broadcasters have Twitter accounts as Periscope is partnered with Twitter.

Date: May 30, 2015 23:06

onlystones
Good Luck to all who are going, Have a wonderful Stones experience. I wish I was there. I cant sit still. I am going to follow along on RS.com and IORR.

All your sickness I can suck it up. Throw it all at me I just shrug it off.

My pizza's burning.

Have a great night tonight onlystones, and I will be following it all on my laptop as well over here in Spain. smileys with beer

Posted by: golfjen2001 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:07

With this chair thing there is always a space in front of stage are people allowed to move into this space or does security make you take a seat?? Interested as I have 11 row seats in Buffalo or can you not see because of height of stage? Seems like many stadium shows stage is higher up than usual. Stones in 75 in Buffalo the stage was very high.

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:08

Posted by: fadeaway13 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:16

What time do doors open?

Posted by: fadeaway13 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:17

Lucky dip put us in the lower bowl! smileys with beer

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:24

Lucky dip 24A. YCAGWYW choir sound check now.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:35

Naturalust
Turner68

I doubt the disabilities act has anything to do with the chairs. They have special sections for wheelchairs and access issues are pretty well already dealt with by the venues compliance with that act.

I think it just boils down to how much easier it is to make considerably more money by selling specific seats vs. a GA approach. People are more comfortable shelling out hundreds of dollars knowing they have a safe a guaranteed spot to sit, and they are definitely more comfortable shelling out thousands knowing they will have a seat near the stage.

Simple economics hardly touched by the cost of those cheap ass plastic excuses for seats.

peace

Dude, you're going to be standing the entire show anyhow, so WGaF?

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:37

Is there any kind of way to watch the Pericope streams on a computer for those who not own an Iphone?

Posted by: Jordan ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:37

atip
Naturalust
Turner68

peace

Dude, you're going to be standing the entire show anyhow, so WGaF?

There is a different between standing smashed against the people around you, and having space to breathe and sit if you need a rest. I'm 18 and I wouldn't even want to stand through an entire show, If I have seats, I'm sitting for the most part. I can enjoy music just as much sitting down as I can standing up.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:38

EasterMan
Is there any kind of way to watch the Pericope streams on a computer for those who not own an Iphone?

Hi Easter man - yes.
If you find some periscope streamer on twitter, follow the link: you can watch it in your browser, too!

Date: May 30, 2015 23:40

Good Luck to all on LD tix and you take yer chances, but it can pay off.

I done well in Oslo and Zurich, but any tix at a Rolling Stones gig at a Lucky Dip price is gonna be a winner.

What they call a win/win situation in this day and age.

Was for me anyway. smileys with beer

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:40

waterrats
EasterMan

Hi Easter man - yes.
If you find some periscope streamer on twitter, follow the link: you can watch it in your browser, too!

Great!! smileys with beer

Date: May 30, 2015 23:41

KeithFnRichards
Had a lot to do with The Who show in Cincinnati in 1980, I think. A lot of people got killed after being trampled on at a general admission show.

That do not even make sense. The WHO deaths happened ENTERING the show...had nothing to do with the seating con fig...it was like a meat grinder...too many in too tight a space...

There are still MANY GA shows...all the time...Indy is a GA show...all the "fests" and "paloozas" mare GA...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 23:43 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:42

Parked on West campus and took shuttle. Driver dropped us off about a half mile from the shoe and doesn't know where to catch the bus back! Anybody know where to catch it back?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:45

Jordan
There is a different between standing smashed against the people around you, and having space to breathe and sit if you need a rest. I'm 18 and I wouldn't even want to stand through an entire show, If I have seats, I'm sitting for the most part. I can enjoy music just as much sitting down as I can standing up.

Oh Boy. Into the upper tier with you!

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:45

UndercoverLovingcup
KeithFnRichards

That do not even make sense. The WHO deaths happened ENTERING the show...had nothing to do with the seating con fig...it was like a meat grinder...too many in too tight a space...

There are still MANY GA shows...all the time...Indy is a GA show...all the "fests" and "paloozas" mare GA...

It makes perfect sense. The crowding/stampede happened because it was a GA floor. Reserved seating and the mass of humanity isn't there in the first place.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home